The TJX Companies, Inc.
Information from The TJX Companies, Inc.:

The TJX Companies, Inc. Employee Reviews

United Kingdom1,583 reviews
Found 1,583 reviews matching the search
I am 16 so very lucky to get £9.11 an hour. Everyone is so friendly and there’s always something to do. Allows you to choose your hours and days too which is amazing and they offer a variety of contracts (8.12.16,20 hour). Tends to be a lot of free overtime too for anyone who wants it. Always competing with other stores on competitions and get a real family feel for the place. I only work 9 hours a week on an 8 hour contract due to being in education still (sometimes I will work more) but I love my pay cheques.
Pros
Great hourly rate
Cons
Sometimes can be really fast paced
This job was quite a mixture of being too relaxed and having nothing to do for ages, to suddenly being manic, particularly at Christmas time. It is painfully boring when you are on the fitting rooms, but time flies when you are on the tills! Overall, not the worst job I have had. We could have had a nicer manager, but other than that the staff were lovely!
Pros
Friendly but driven atmosphere
Cons
We should be able to leave the store on our BREAKS!
Lovely management and easy to work with as a team. I developed so many skills at Llantrisant such as confidence, people skills, problem solving and time management. This was a great job for me as I had just left school and has no skills.
I enjoyed working at TK Maxx, although it was sometimes stressful due to the overwhelming number of customers and tasks to complete. However, this can be rewarding and there is always support if you need it.
This was the best job I had, you make such great friends when working that tk maxx. Although it is fast paced and does get REALLY busy sometimes you can still enjoy a shift with the people you're on shift with. Pay is excellent especially for younger people theres no gap between anyone's pay. Usually very flexible company to work around education or other needs. On the downside I some of the managers aren't as nice. I had tonsillitis and was forced to work tills all day even after crying to a manager about the pain of having to speak to customers.
Pros
Excellent pay and staff
Cons
Managers sometimes dont care
Started here with a temporary part-time job but ended up becoming part of the family and staying for far longer than I anticipated and I keep coming back when possible. It is fast-paced and there's so much to understand as it's not like most other retailers but there's so many opportunities in the whole company and in a relaxed working environment.
Nice place to work, very modern. Good pay. very busy and lively, lots to do. some organisation and regular meetings. Communication with several employees where good in such a large workforce.
Pros
Modern place to work, good food, good pay
Cons
Parking, female manager in the credit control side she is German and very sarcastic.
Position never went perm as promised by agency. Let go twice by the company. Never heard from the company or agency again. Wouldn’t recommend if your after a perm position as copywriter in Rugby / warehouse office.
Providing 1st line IT Service Desk support, including call logging, gathering information and incident resolution.
Monitor the daily interaction, call / ticket flow and escalation with the internal supporting teams.

Assisting in the measurement, reporting and achievement of ‘Service Level Proposals’ or ‘Service Level Agreements’ for the IT Operations support model (creation of performance reporting).

Coach / mentor 1st Line IT Service Desk associates (in-house & outsourced).

Providing a high level knowledge of all support procedures and overall ITIL Service Management Foundation practices.
TK Maxx is an amazing company which respects individuality and creativity in the workplace. All management were great people to work with who took their time to help create a work routine for me when I was completing my degree at University. However, TK Maxx can only offer me a 8 hour contract which is not suitable.
Was a uni student living away from home, was hired under the premise of being able to travel home for christmas - they did not honour this so I left the company.

Management didn't respect me or the work I was doing - was always expected to do better/work faster than I possibly could by myself.

Would not recommend.
TK prides themselves on making the team feel like a family and is good pay for low level employees but feel the higher you get the harder to get a fair wage
He trabajado súper agusto para TKMAXX en Reino Unido durante 6 años. Espero que habrán pronto en España y seguro que buscaré trabajo con ellos!
the job was based in a fast paced environment. the job also gave many opportunities to progress within the company. I learnt about off pricing, the importance of merchandising and about different areas of ppe required within areas of the job. I also learnt exceptional customer service skills, till training and working in a team.
The role of an associate entails maintaining the quality of the shop floor, working behind the tills and engaging in strong customer service. Enhanced my interpersonal skills, with both customers and colleagues. Management are very understanding of difficult circumstances and attempt to accommodate them as best they can. The company prides themselves on hiring friendly people and being non-discriminant and I believe they live up to that. While the hardest part of the job is working in a time-limit especially in busy periods, the most enjoyable part is conversing with the diverse customer base.
Everyone is expected to work hard and fast. There is no promotion but you’re encouraged to apply for training to the next level up. I have seen people come as Christmas temps and in less than 3 years work their to assistant manager. Basically it’s up to you where you want to go in your career. Everyone at associate level is paid the same. Pay rate is much better than most retail companies.
daily tasks were laid out on a shift to shift basis by management to all associates. It is generally a fast paced environment however it is often controlled and well managed .
Pros
10% staff discount
Cons
subjected to peaks and flows of retail business
My work experience at TJX Companies was well supported and interesting. The team of Associates was large, which meant that we had to take on particular jobs in order operate an organised shop with good customer service.
A typical day at work is never the same at TKMAXX. The wide range of activities which reflect and support the business model offers frequent job rotation, for an enjoyable work experience. The team at Manchester is large, yet the communication and sense of belonging is great!
All available team leaders were very helpful and approachable.
Other employees were very generous in offering help and any helpful tips for better performance.

Everyone showed good work ethics.
I found the work relaxed and non- stressful< The distribution team were helpful in organising my day's work. I found the vechiles were well maintained
Cons
Ask a question about working or interviewing at The TJX Companies, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.
2.1K