The TJX Companies, Inc. Employee Reviews

Fun place to work (Homesense)
Sales Associate (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Bedford, Bedfordshire17 August 2018
Being a young member of staff I worked with many other people my age which made shifts go by a lot faster than at other places I have worked. They were also enjoyable. The role itself includes maintaining the store, serving customers and flowing stock out after a delivery (6 days a week). It was definitely the best job I've had and I only left to focus on my studies. It is also a rewarding job in that when you do a good job they will let you know. There's definitely opportunities to progress within the company and I feel they do emphasise this. The hardest part of the job was doing repetitive tasks, e.g. you will maintain an area and then have to keep going back to it again and again which can get boring. Around Christmas and any holiday period it also gets busy which can be challenging. But overall the company is very good to work for, I would recommend it. You also have a lot of input into any changes you would recommend for the store and I feel your opinions are valued. The team are all very friendly and I still have strong friendships with those I used to work despite leaving early this year. Personally I would recommend working at Homesense and I really enjoyed my time there.
Pros
The pay, opportunities to progress within the company, work-life balance, good hours, variety of contracts available, feedback encouraged and listened to.
Cons
Repetitive tasks.
good, but no internal progression
Lead / training First line manager (Current Employee) –  Walsall, West Midlands14 August 2018
Needs to improve their internal talent progression,
Good place to work if you're an associate, good culture, good hours.
Clean tidy working environment. Diverse range of people
Pros
hours
Cons
no progression
Good management, no forced pressure
Sales Associate/Customer Advisor (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh13 August 2018
the management treat you well. they offer good flexibility especially for students who cannot commit full time availability. the company benefits however are almost non existent. Very low staff discount.
Pros
not the most difficult job
Cons
low benefits
Good salary
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Leicester9 August 2018
good place where to work, good opportunities, have a chance to learn new skills, easy to adapt, everyone are supporting each other, time is running really fast.
Picker/Packer
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Whitwood, UK7 August 2018
order picking using a scanner, loading goods on to pallets, good general housekeeping of the working area and good health and safety awareness within the work place
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hayes2 August 2018
Cashiering and maintenance of shop floor in high standard.
Managing and processing stock on the shop floor.
Offering and delivering high standard customer service.
Great team atmosphere!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gloucestershire1 August 2018
Mostly younger staff, with incentives to help or serve people.

Award system in place for good customer reviews and friendly competition.

Downside is if you get stuck on one department and you are penalised for not achieving your wow's due to low customer interaction.

Some jobs are more labour intensive than others and staff are liable to stand and chat.
Pros
Treats and awards and vouchers as an incentive.
Cons
Management can be lacking due to the 'fun and friendly' nature.
Brilliant
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Exeter30 July 2018
I loved working here I had a lot of fun learning new skills and putting existing Ines to the test in an environment that was completely new to me. I enjoyed working here a lot it's just a shame I was only Christmas temporary staff.
Pros
Discount, decent hours
Cons
Breaks
Badly Managed
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bolton, Greater Manchester27 July 2018
A lot off staff who i joined with no longer work there because it is badly run by managers. I would work most weekends and it was a nightmare to get time off work as you had to give them notice with at least 6 weeks.
challenge
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  London19 July 2018
Customer service, deal with requests and orders swiftly and efficiently to maximize customer
experience.
Ensure stock replenishment of the shop floor is carried out regularly and efficiently. Notify
management of low stock levels.
Housekeeping.
Carry out delegated tasks efficiently and within set time frame.
Product knowledge.
Cashier duties, I spended more time doing cachier and leaning how to deal with returns and damaged of products.
Competitive respectable place
Associate (Former Employee) –  Hatfield, Hertfordshire18 July 2018
Tjk UK was the best thing happened to me. Got pretty cool colleagues and friends in TK Maxx. It was a very supportive job. Competitive yet friendly environment. Very good pay.
Pros
Less days of shift with long hours
Cons
Compulsion of working on weekends
Interesting
Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London18 July 2018
My current job as a front-line manager in Tk Maxx has helped me to fully understand how a business organisation works and the importance of having amazing costumer skills and the importance of being consistent during all the time in every aspect of business requirements and business needs. This job has fully equipped me with all the necessary skills and knowledge and has made me feel comfortable to move on into my next step on working in a proper business organisation. This job consists on reaching organisation daily targets, dealing with money transaction and card transactions, dealing with different organisations that work with Tk Maxx to make sure to receive the full and consistent service from them, by solving any issues that may arise.
Productive and fun workplace.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Croydon7 July 2018
As this was my first time in employment, I feel that the work life in TX Maxx is very fun and fair. All new starters were given training and then reviewed regularly.
Fantastic workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Carmarthen2 July 2018
Great place to work. Fast paced, friendly environment with many benefits. Great pay, especially for those coming out of school/younger than 21. No real complaints.
Pros
Good hours and pay
Cons
None!
Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Southampton1 July 2018
Management look after you, salary is great and the job is enjoyable. The team is full of like minded individuals which makes the team an enjoyable team to be apart of.
Busy work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wandsworth, Greater London1 July 2018
Okay place to work out, tedious and boring jobs. Lack of enjoyment between employees. Get tired of working there, as well colleagues were a little odd.
Pros
Good work location
Cons
Boring shifts
Fun work place
Customer Services Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London29 June 2018
Good place to work in.. friendly and team work.
They are very organised and treat you as family

It's a very fast growing company, open few store a year
Lost & clueless
Associate (Current Employee) –  Burnley28 June 2018
The management are completely lost and unqualified, unaware and unable how to run and manage the place, ,the most enjoyable part of the job was clocking out.
I hated working there for the best part of 9 years & i can honestly say id rather have been homeless
Hard working keeping the shop floor tidy
Associate (Former Employee) –  Bexleyheath, Greater London27 June 2018
It was very hard to keep up with what the customers were doing to the shop floor and it felt like I was picking up after children. They had no respect.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Clearing up
busy and engaging
Christmas Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford26 June 2018
a typical shift included helping customers, working on a till and tidying up the shop. the managers were helpful and always working around the shop floor.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The TJX Companies, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

51.5K