The TJX Companies, Inc. Employee Reviews

Bad management
Associate (Former Employee) –  union square17 June 2018
Bad management and you never get theme off when you ask for it in advance. You willl never finish at the time you believe you will and everyone is rude
Off price
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Guildford13 June 2018
I am working at Tk Max Guildford part time ( more than 2 years).
Every day is similar, great team to work, hard work many hours in stand up.
I learned to work with people of different cultures, it was difficult in the star but then is very rich.
The most enjoyable part of my work in the fitting rooms is to meet new people every day and can help in the customer service.
Pros
Friendly Staff, Fast working environment, Staff discount, Supportive Manager.
Cons
Not getting enough hours to work.
Working to a professional Standard
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Manchester13 June 2018
Working at Tk Maxx was beneficial to my character as I quickly adapted to different work spaces and roles within the shop-floor and in processing. I was asked to assist with extra work, helping members of staff to rearrange the shop displays.
Pros
Good Staff Management
enjoyable experience
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lewisham13 June 2018
I liked working at the tills as i found it an enjoyable experience because i would get to talk to all the customers and make their experience shopping in TK Maxx enjoyable.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
long time on your feet
Big company with startup mindset
Senior Allocation Analyst (Current Employee) –  London12 June 2018
Most people forget that TJX is a fortune 100 company because of its culture. Doors are open, everyone is heard and people a generally nice. The company invests a lot in its employees through advanced training programs and by encouraging relationships building.
Pros
Nice atmosphere / Advanced training
Cons
Located in Watford
Great employees, poor management
Associate (Current Employee) –  Basingstoke12 June 2018
The social aide of this job is great, but management is poor, hours are twisted and employees are used. But on the positive side the other people who work at Tk Maxx are great to be around and make the experience plausible.
Productive and fun work place
Associate (Former Employee) –  Mansfield11 June 2018
Management are friendly and supportive.

Company pays well in relation to other retailers.

Met lots of lovely people in both management and associates.
Pros
Excellent progression opportunities
Cons
Varied shifts, hard to plan out of work.
my first job experience
associate (Former Employee) –  Kilmarnock, East Ayrshire11 June 2018
i enjoyed working here because it was a new experience for me because i was working in a proper working environment. i liked working with the people and helping customers with their issues. i liked working at the tills as i found it an enjoyable experience because i would get to talk to all the customers and make their experience shopping in TKmaxx enjoyable.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
long hours while revising for exams
Was really good
Christmas Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Blackburn8 June 2018
really liked working here, good staff to work with and excellent employee benefits. hardest part of the job was i literally worked straight weekends for 3 months but other than that really good
Pros
employee discount
Cons
long time on your feet
people you worked with made it fun
Temporary Christmas Assistant (Former Employee) –  Swansea, Swansea6 June 2018
The hours were short, especially at christmas. Typially only worked8-12 hours a week, and this was split into 4 hour shifts. Management was sharp, but the people i worked with were great.
Pros
people i worked with
Cons
short hours
Very helpful and adaptable
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Leigh, Lancashire5 June 2018
made transferring between stores during term time/school holidays very easy whilst I was at university. are very good at working around uni timetables and exams. good at helping you change shifts if you cant do it.
fun
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire5 June 2018
nice place to work, fun and always happy. always someone to go to if I was ever stuck very understanding management. loved working here! good for young school leavers wanting to progress in retail
an ok work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire4 June 2018
I enjoyed my time with TJX as there was always something new to do, One day I could be on the tills the next I could be working in the stock room this was good as it would always keep me on my feet and I would always be busy
great place to work
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Manchester2 June 2018
Working at TKMAXX, was an invaluable experience , working with young and old alike. Staff and management always worked well together , and i always felt part of a team.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
can't think of any
Fun workplace
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Walsall, West Midlands31 May 2018
A fun place to work. Some roles can be quite physical and demanding. You must be fast-paced. Good hours and a good wage. I have Really enjoyed working here.
Fun Workplace
Processor (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen30 May 2018
Enjoyed working there, management at a certain point made me and many other employees leave. The staff wee great to work with and there was always plenty of work to do.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Harsh Management
busy and good money
Tjx ( manager)tkmaxx (Current Employee) –  Dover, Kent26 May 2018
very busy store, company is good, money is good ,messy store, stressful , good managers depend off your store, great associates
great development easy to get a training to be a manager
Pros
stressfu
Cons
busy
friendly environment
Assistant-TKMaxx, Farnborough Gate (Former Employee) –  Farnborough23 May 2018
The environment was very friendly. Team mates and managers were helpful and friendly. The pay and hours were great at the time of working. There was no shortage of tasks to handle. It was a good temporary job.
Very focused on only TK-Maxx and not their employees.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Bolton23 May 2018
Although the pay was very good and I enjoyed working with the other associates, working at TK-Maxx was not fun for me. They were always too focused on their company, forgetting that without treating employees well the shop will not run as efficiently. In terms of how they did this, firstly hours were given to use the week before sometimes a few days before a shift, which was completely annoying for planning anything other than working. If you were sick and ringing in, a particular manager, would make you feel like you should be working even if you are unwell which should not be the case. During busy seasons they gave me extra hours without asking and I couldnt get rid of the shifts even though I had lots of uni work.
Fun, inviting workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sheffield23 May 2018
TKMaxx is definitely a great workplace. The hourly wage is very competitive, and there is a variety of different tasks to undertake while working there. I have become more confident working there because I am constantly talking to new customers, and my attention to detail had improved through constant maintenance of the shop floor. The working hours given aren't brilliant - if you are in need of extra hours you are not guaranteed them at all.
Pros
Great wage
Cons
Once you're trained in the handful of different tasks, working at TKMaxx gets repetitive and maybe even dull

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The TJX Companies, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

51.5K