The TJX Companies, Inc. Employee Reviews

worst place I've ever worked
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff18 October 2018
The most awful, inhumane, exhausting, pushy job you could ever come across. The managers expect you to do multiple things at once and you're not allowed to even smile at other employees without being punished for 'not staying focused.' I felt like a robot for my entire two years working there. I was brought to tears multiple times. We never got out on time as a team, they would never ask you to stay behind, they just wouldn't let you out until everyone else's jobs were complete. Whenever you would do a good job, you'd get no praise but if you did something slightly wrong, they loved to punish you. Awful. I will never look back.
Pros
requested days off
Cons
inhumane
Productive and challenging
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Slough14 October 2018
Everyday is a different day. Helping customers and building up friendships is a very rewarding part of the job. Being able to work well in a team to achieve good standards and results is also very rewarding.
Pros
Good pay.
Cons
Long hours.
Shop assistant and cashier (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury13 October 2018
It was fun to work and good to help build knowledge. only problems i had with the company is that they would expect for you to sometimes stay an hour or two after work (9-10) to help clean the shop.
okay
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northern Ireland11 October 2018
this place wasn't great to work in. if I was asked back I would, but the staff I worked with weren't very friendly and I felt very isolated and not part of the team.
Pros
all black uniform
Cons
not great staff discount
Great place to be different
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Glasgow7 October 2018
The company can be tough but fair to work for with strict time scales to achieve large tasks. Demanding and rewarding at the same time with a great starting wage for anyone over the age of 16, fair in that regard and plenty of benefits for staff members who are with the company.
Pros
Good pay, decent benefits, fun environment
Cons
Demanding workday
Simple job but sometimes suffers from hostile co-workers.
Stockroom Associate (Former Employee) –  Andover, Hampshire6 October 2018
Often a simple job, though time and productivity demands depend on the load size of incoming stock.
Mostly short hours but can be asked in earlier or later depending on time of year (e.g. earlier hours during Christmas season).
Job satisfaction regularly diminished by hostile co-workers in higher positions.
Pros
Short hours
Cons
Some high level staff are hostile
whole mess
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London4 October 2018
this company is a joke .communication between colleagues and management in really bad.they favour people only they know very biased.everything is a mess
Treat you like dirt
Associate (Former Employee) –  Blackpool4 October 2018
Big company with little regard for the welfare of its staff. I was bleeding in work and then got told if i leave to go to hospital I would face disciplinary action on my return.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Treatment of staff
busy workplace
customer assistant (Former Employee) –  Slough, Berkshire1 October 2018
Day at work:
Serving customers on the till; refunds, exchenges.
Helping customers on the shop floor
Keep my workplace clean and tidy.
Answering the phone.
Cons
working weekends, late eavnings.
My first job
Associate (Christmas Temp) (Former Employee) –  Ashford26 September 2018
TK Maxx was my first job, I took it because I had just moved to the area and was in need of a job and TK Maxx were the first to get back to me. My shifts typically involved either manning the fitting rooms or performing 'maintenance' which involved making sure the shop floor was tidy. It was a tough job because there was a lack of training and a lack of communication from management. In the end, I had to leave the job partly because of my issues with management but mostly because of the distance I had to travel in order to get to work.
Pros
Equal opportunities employee
Cons
Distance, management not perfect
fun workplace
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Cornwall25 September 2018
alright place to work ideal place if you like cleaning just didnt ike the early mornings didnt like it at first but loved it in the end good first job
Pros
polite
Cons
early mornings
Dependant of what tasks you get
Part time customer service assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, Berkshire24 September 2018
I was quickly determined as someone to work on the shop floor (maintenance) and handle deliveries. I would argue that these are the most draining and unrewarding jobs in the company.

Working on tills provides for a much better work environment. This may just be subject to the store (Windsor), but the quality is work is fully dependant on where you are assigned.
Pros
Decent pay for retail
Cons
Long hours; a lack of consideration for the various jobs within 'customer service assistant'
Verifying Merchandise
General Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Walsall, United Kingdom24 September 2018
TJX is a company where merchandise (e.g clothes, shoes) are distributed to stores. A typical day at work is attaching tickets to every item and ensuring the correct number of items are selected to be shipped to each stores. It is a strenuous job in which individual stands for 8 hours a day but it is a friendly environment where individual can improve leadership and communication skills.
busy and friendly environment
Warehouse operative (Former Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire21 September 2018
It was busy department with lots of colleagues, where targets were sometimes difficult to achieve.

Now, after studying management accounting, I believe they could improve their targets setting methods.
fast pace fun to work
Team Leader/Duty Manager (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, Devon19 September 2018
tkmaxx is fast paced but fun. there is never a boring day at work. the way in which tkmaxx handles stock is totally different to any other retailer which makes it interesting and always changing.
Ok place to work
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire18 September 2018
Typical retail job, pay is ok i guess. cant say their is really much of a culture but then again im too busy hitting time sensitive targets to give it any attention.
Its ok to work there
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire17 September 2018
Its OK to work there not the best because they need to did more training and u get Saturday of so u have time to chatch up on sleep and the times u start is good
Pros
Cons
Good hours
Busy work place
Associate (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh17 September 2018
Busy work environment, especially at Christmas time. For a small contract was given almost a full tkme hours and was given grief for asking to cut them down due to education.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Not listened too
fun workplace
key associate (Former Employee) –  Walsall, West Midlands16 September 2018
enjoyable place to work, able to learn new skills, opportunity to progress to higher levels with support given when needed, focused on team work and building, very busy and challenging at times, always praised for the hard work and targets achieved
Downside rotating shift patterns, working bankholidays.
Productive and fun
Shop Assistant(Christmas Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Broadstairs15 September 2018
Very busy most of the days, so there isn't any time to waste in the workplace. Hours are flexible, good way to improve your communication skills at TJX and friendly management team.
Pros
good in general
Cons
Very busy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The TJX Companies, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

51.5K