The TJX Companies, Inc.

The TJX Companies, Inc. Employee Reviews

United Kingdom1,565 reviews
Found 1,565 reviews matching the search
Fun and family
TK prides themselves on making the team feel like a family and is good pay for low level employees but feel the higher you get the harder to get a fair wage
He trabajado súper agusto para TKMAXX en Reino Unido durante 6 años. Espero que habrán pronto en España y seguro que buscaré trabajo con ellos!
fast paced work
the job was based in a fast paced environment. the job also gave many opportunities to progress within the company. I learnt about off pricing, the importance of merchandising and about different areas of ppe required within areas of the job. I also learnt exceptional customer service skills, till training and working in a team.
Welcoming and friendly workplace.
The role of an associate entails maintaining the quality of the shop floor, working behind the tills and engaging in strong customer service. Enhanced my interpersonal skills, with both customers and colleagues. Management are very understanding of difficult circumstances and attempt to accommodate them as best they can. The company prides themselves on hiring friendly people and being non-discriminant and I believe they live up to that. While the hardest part of the job is working in a time-limit especially in busy periods, the most enjoyable part is conversing with the diverse customer base.
Hard work is recognised by management. It’s your attitude to work that makes a difference to your progress.
Everyone is expected to work hard and fast. There is no promotion but you’re encouraged to apply for training to the next level up. I have seen people come as Christmas temps and in less than 3 years work their to assistant manager. Basically it’s up to you where you want to go in your career. Everyone at associate level is paid the same. Pay rate is much better than most retail companies.
fast paced and well organised
daily tasks were laid out on a shift to shift basis by management to all associates. It is generally a fast paced environment however it is often controlled and well managed .
Pros
10% staff discount
Cons
subjected to peaks and flows of retail business
Fast paced and collaborative
My work experience at TJX Companies was well supported and interesting. The team of Associates was large, which meant that we had to take on particular jobs in order operate an organised shop with good customer service.
Freindly, fun, fast-paced environment
A typical day at work is never the same at TKMAXX. The wide range of activities which reflect and support the business model offers frequent job rotation, for an enjoyable work experience. The team at Manchester is large, yet the communication and sense of belonging is great!
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at The TJX Companies, Inc.?
Very supportive yeam
All available team leaders were very helpful and approachable.
Other employees were very generous in offering help and any helpful tips for better performance.

Everyone showed good work ethics.
relexed place to work
I found the work relaxed and non- stressful< The distribution team were helpful in organising my day's work. I found the vechiles were well maintained
Productive fast-paced work environment
There is always work to be found, you just have to ask what needs doing and have a positive mind set for every task. Working in customer service can be very stressful at times especially at peak shopping times (e.g. Christmas)
awful
would not recommend
culture and work environment is awful

managers are all bullies

toxic work ethic

little care for staff only for business

do not even bother going for the interview
Productive and satisfactory
I love working for TJX because the culture is amazing there, the training and staff have always been brilliant and being a student t they have always accommodated my needs to be flexible and relocate
I need new opportunities
I want to have other work experiences and better financial stability, and as I only have a 12 hour contract at TJX and it is closed.I am looking for other job opportunities, I am quick to learn and I want to change jobs to have other experiences here in London, thanks for the opportunity.
Friendly place to work
The staff and management all work well together good team work, friendly atmosphere nice customers, plenty of departments to be trained on from the front line to the processing department fitting rooms and tidying up the shop always very busy
Unique retailer with superb culture
Amazing and unique business to work for, salary and benefits are superb, however you must be totally prepared to work to tight deadlines, be very adaptable and hard working.
Fun
Good place to work, friendly staff and management, there is a very good wage and the work is good, possibility of nightshift, relaxed place to work yes.
Best company I have ever worked for.
Great and would highly recommend as an employer. Lots of opportunities for development and progression, lots of support, great work environment. Great pay, great benefits, great canteen.
Busy, productive and good team work
I really enjoy working here. The managers and my colleagues are great. The company is really good to work for. The pay is a above average for my age. There is nothing negative I can say about it.
Worse job ever
Management and supervisors talk to you like you're nothing. Targets are ridiculous and if the system goes down you're expected to sweep up for hours even if there's no dust.
Pros
Co-workers are nice
Cons
Others that think they're above you.
I learned a lot about customer service
I was great to work at TKMAXX, I worked with a great team and felt included , I learned about customer service and a lot more about maintaining the shop.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at The TJX Companies, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.
1.8K