Boring job. Management poor and lack of training for management and staff, others look on you as low lifes.
Good leadership clinical and operational can leads to better patient care. There’s a clear difference when an organisation has a clear set of values and true investment in leadership that engages in reflective practice, which ultimately leads to better patient outcomes.
In layperson terms:
• START listening to your staff, stop judging on NHS banding and focus on ability. CARE for them, they are worth it.
• More training for leaders and managers; to many fail to understand what leadership and management actually is.
• START putting values into practice instead of it being useless and ignored corporate jargon. ‘We Value Respect’ is the most disregarded and contravened value in the Trust.
• Key Leaders need to actually leave their offices and engage more with their workforce.
• Address the unhealthy culture of bullying within the Trust.
Listen to staff, care for employees, stop crisis management. We need more beds not general managers saying no we don't then open wards when closed and staff dispersed. Happy to discuss in person my concerns.
As per the previous answer - more training for management. There are too many line managers with absolutely no people skills.
More training for management, work on people skills, treat long standing employees with more respect and appreciation.
- What questions did they ask during your interview at The Shrewsbury And Telford Hospital NHS Trust?3 people answered
- Does The Shrewsbury And Telford Hospital NHS Trust allow for flexible working hours? Or are the hour…2 people answered
- What was the most challenging part of your role at The Shrewsbury And Telford Hospital NHS Trust?2 people answered
- How are the working hours at The Shrewsbury And Telford Hospital NHS Trust?2 people answered
- What should you wear to an interview at Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust?2 people answered
- How did you get your first interview at The Shrewsbury And Telford Hospital NHS Trust?One person answered
- Interview questions for doctors
- I would be interested for working with the NHS, but I dont have nursing qualifications, Is there any…
- When working as a health care assistant do you have to work night shifts as part of your working rot…
- What are the hours of work for the breast imaging clerical officer job that is advertised?