The Shore Group
Here to help
Coronavirus update

The Shore Group Employee Reviews

United Kingdom81 reviews
Treat like a robot, you'll finish one job and on the way home they'll ask you to go straight to another at the opposite end of the country. Management is shocking, team leaders speak to you like muck. Money is good, but they make sure they work you to the bone for every last penny!
Worked for shore for only 4 night shifts . Team leader spoke to me like a child . Even though I had more Experience than Him . Finished night shift and was Informed I had to travel from Liverpool to London alone for my Next Night shift . Company are a joke no Aspect of time Management at all . Be aware if not in umbrella company for pay . Self Employed vacancy they give anybody a job
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Lewis only paid half of my last time sheet hours.
This company is a cheat and should not be allowed to conduct business.

Paid half and tries to blame it on others. Watch out for this crook and be aware before you do any work through or for them.
Pros
Cons
cheating, not paying people for the work done.
Great place to work and weekly pay is great but its a margin that comes out of my wage that I don't like apart from that its great my agent is great to, any problems I can message her and I'll get a reply.
Fees everywhere. Not recommended to work more then 30 hours otherwise you pay them more. Management not working properly you waiting fro everything and they never come back to you.
Very bad agency never will I use them again. Do not trust the director or his staff . All big con and I will be contacting acas. Was told I had a hib then not then told I had job again . Comlktee con artists
Pros
No pros
Cons
Full of lies
I think your company are disgusting ..don't evin pay employees what they earn. You should be shut down. Iv bin waiting 3 weeks for the rest of my wages that you are refusing to give when I am in a signing in book ?? Your fobbing people off with excuses just so you keep the benifits . Should be ashamed . I'm still due a day shift I done on the 17th tescos bursaldan 8 till 8 . bonnie
From time time the industry goes quiet and there will be no work for weeks and it's very frustrating trying to get back into work...I have also had alot of positive times with shore and I continue to receive work from them to this day
I worked for many agencies before but this was the worst. Total ignorance, in the two weeks I worked for them they didn't answer 9 out of 10 calls. Never pick up the phone. Didn't pay me for the two weeks, never answered the phones and when they did they promised to get it sorted but obviously they weren't sorting anything. Eventually they paid me for one of the two weeks (less that we agreed) with promises that i will get the rest the following week, which obviously didn't happen. Absolutely lack of communication and respect. Will contact ACAS today and start a claim. Just stay away from this agency.
Work is given to you at the last minute, all work is miles away from home.Travel time can add hours into your day .Paid through an umbrella company so your hourly rate is about £8.10 12 hour shifts also night shifts paid under the same rate as a day shift .
I have worked for Shore for only a short amount of time, after hearing some negative comments, i can assure that this is not the case with this company, the staff help you as much as you need, the office staff are very understanding in every circumstance, for example; i was poorly, and i kept working and working until i had no choice but to have time off because i was so worried about them taking future work off me, when in fact they was the first people to contact me to make sure i was ok, they then sent me work and stated that if only i was better, i cant give this company enough credit for people who actually work hard they will work with you through anything. 10000* from me!!
Second time working for them. On the first job was a problem with a couple hours cuted. On the second job they paid less than agreed promising that they will get it sorted next week, later they cutted 10h (I left the job and probably lost the money).
They will not answer to your calls or emails, if you'll get to them they will promise that will sort it next week. Avoid!
I went to the location that they sent me to and found out it was the wrong address spent an hour going round a massive building complex from one site to another looking for my job location and couldn't find it received a text asking whether I had got to the job and before I could reply someone else had been assigned to the job that I was there to do which I could not even find if u want a job DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY it will be a waste of time if u can't even find the company oh and I used google maps to find the job but still couldn't find it and the girl at the end of the telephone sounded like my nine year old step daughter
Pros
All of the above
Cons
None whatsoever
They try look after as much as they can it's frustrating when they place you far from the hotel your staying at to the site you have been placed or the site is to far too walk from station.
It's good that they pay for your travel and place of stay.
I been worked with them
and been agreed for one rate ,later tey changed the rate and even didn’t wish to pay that what is on contract like arguments,the client doesn’t wish to pay ,but that is not acceptable like i been agency worker and they are responsible for my payment
I was happy coming back to work with same company after 1year as the manager wanted me to be back.. Both companies is simply quality and support from workforce, management as well.. And not to forget they provide ALL equipment you need. Would defenately recommend to anyone who has no lazyness, alco or drug problems and willing to muck when nothing is happening.
Pros
Cons
None!
I used to leave my house at 3pm to be at the workplace for 7pm. Worked all night re-arranging and sorting mechandise for the company. Finished shift at 8am and had a 2 1/2 hour journey home. Spent roughly 15 hours a day travelling and working, which was having a detrimental effect on my my pet's and my health.
Wouldn't recommend as always working away no time for family finish a shift at 3am and waiting a around hours to be able to cheak in a hotel room avoid at all costs
Worked for them as a labourer for about 5 months,always had a good hours there,even had a pay rise.. Only worked for Beau-cool manager,polite and respectfull,5 stars for him personally, never had any problems with Shore Group..Good agency to work for
Very bad agency, stay away from them, not correct. Send me to a ''long term job'' right before Easter(3 days). On the second day only 20 minutes before the end of the shift phoned me to say that the client does not me anymore. That day I had other job offers which I would have accepted had they let me know earlier and there was only one day before the Easter holiday, there was no chance of getting a job. I was virtually thrown out on the street. They lied to me, their client lied too (asked him if I could work till Easter as there were 3 days before it, and he said yes). That;s how they treat people nowadays - like rags. But this was not enough for them, They did not pay me the two days in the same week(something they should have done), but paid them in two separate payments so I was hit twice with a payment processing fee by... a payroll company which is connected to them. In my correspondance with them they were ignorant.. consider taking court action for the double fee I was charged.
Worst company I ever worked with throughout my years doing constuction, very rude on the phone, don’t pay you, give wrong directions to the job in question u applied for it’s a absolute joke!