The Shore Group Employee Reviews

Total waste of time
Cleaner Operative (Former Employee) –  Ebbsfleet, Kent14 October 2019
I went to the location that they sent me to and found out it was the wrong address spent an hour going round a massive building complex from one site to another looking for my job location and couldn't find it received a text asking whether I had got to the job and before I could reply someone else had been assigned to the job that I was there to do which I could not even find if u want a job DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY it will be a waste of time if u can't even find the company oh and I used google maps to find the job but still couldn't find it and the girl at the end of the telephone sounded like my nine year old step daughter
Pros
All of the above
Cons
None whatsoever
Can be fun its face paced at times
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Everywhere8 October 2019
They try look after as much as they can it's frustrating when they place you far from the hotel your staying at to the site you have been placed or the site is to far too walk from station.
It's good that they pay for your travel and place of stay.
Totally upset of job with them.
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Central london17 September 2019
I been worked with them
and been agreed for one rate ,later tey changed the rate and even didn’t wish to pay that what is on contract like arguments,the client doesn’t wish to pay ,but that is not acceptable like i been agency worker and they are responsible for my payment
Short but nice
slinger signaller (Former Employee) –  Shoreham by Sea, West Sussex14 September 2019
I was happy coming back to work with same company after 1year as the manager wanted me to be back.. Both companies is simply quality and support from workforce, management as well.. And not to forget they provide ALL equipment you need. Would defenately recommend to anyone who has no lazyness, alco or drug problems and willing to muck when nothing is happening.
Pros
Cons
None!
merchandising
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Various11 September 2019
I used to leave my house at 3pm to be at the workplace for 7pm. Worked all night re-arranging and sorting mechandise for the company. Finished shift at 8am and had a 2 1/2 hour journey home. Spent roughly 15 hours a day travelling and working, which was having a detrimental effect on my my pet's and my health.
Terrible
Shop Fitter/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Uk9 September 2019
Wouldn't recommend as always working away no time for family finish a shift at 3am and waiting a around hours to be able to cheak in a hotel room avoid at all costs
Good hours each week
Labourer (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Eastbourne, East Sussex5 September 2019
Worked for them as a labourer for about 5 months,always had a good hours there,even had a pay rise.. Only worked for Beau-cool manager,polite and respectfull,5 stars for him personally, never had any problems with Shore Group..Good agency to work for
Very bad, stay away from them
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Regent's Park Station29 June 2019
Very bad agency, stay away from them, not correct. Send me to a ''long term job'' right before Easter(3 days). On the second day only 20 minutes before the end of the shift phoned me to say that the client does not me anymore. That day I had other job offers which I would have accepted had they let me know earlier and there was only one day before the Easter holiday, there was no chance of getting a job. I was virtually thrown out on the street. They lied to me, their client lied too (asked him if I could work till Easter as there were 3 days before it, and he said yes). That;s how they treat people nowadays - like rags. But this was not enough for them, They did not pay me the two days in the same week(something they should have done), but paid them in two separate payments so I was hit twice with a payment processing fee by... a payroll company which is connected to them. In my correspondance with them they were ignorant.. consider taking court action for the double fee I was charged.
Don’t work for this company
Traffic marshal (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester10 June 2019
Worst company I ever worked with throughout my years doing constuction, very rude on the phone, don’t pay you, give wrong directions to the job in question u applied for it’s a absolute joke!
Dont trust this company
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Horsham, West Sussex16 May 2019
Dont trust this company
They will sent more than two people for one job so the others wasted there time
Mess around with payment
...................
Pros
Cons
Frauds
Professional and quick to respond to any inquiries.
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire14 May 2019
Quick to respond to messages and try to get any problems sorted out quickly. Apart from having to wait 30 days for payment, as LTD company, not any problems with what is owed to you.
Pros
Good rates.
Cons
Have to wait 30days for payment as LTD company
Work place
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Victoria , Stratford Westfield . London14 May 2019
I worked for them for few good month ( jenuary to big inning of may ) no problem so far they paid right amount on time , I would work for them again , sober average overall .
Pros
Good job provider
Very good site work
Fixer (Current Employee) –  Stratford Station13 May 2019
Good management team working, good hours work and good pay. Thanks for the good work on Stratford site...................................................
Electrician
Electrician (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London13 May 2019
I have had a few jobs from Shore group and i have always found the staff very helpful, the wages have been good, they always seem to have lots of work,over all very happy. Thanks.
Pros
Always have lots of jobs
Cons
Poor agency, poor pay by umbrella company.
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Surrey5 May 2019
Your hard earned pay will be deducted about 4+ times before being paid.
You will pay your own National Insurance and Employers National Insurance. Including your tax and the Umbrella companies fee.
You can try and negotiate a better rate but probably won’t have much luck. Find an agency who will pay you PAYE and not umbrella.
Staff are also very poor. There are much better agencies than sure group, please use them.
5 star service
Telecommunications Engineer (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside1 May 2019
Another fantastic year of service delivered by shore group massive thanks to rebecca and Charlotte , always providing my company with professional , personal service thanks.

Garry Lea
Pros
Always paid on time
Cons
Terrible attitude and they don’t care about the employees
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Everywhere26 April 2019
Terrible company to work for. The attitude from the office staff on the phone is disgusting they don’t care about personal circumstances or safety of their workers. The office are very unhelpful and give you abuse when you make a mistake or just because they are having a bad day. I would never recommend anyone to work for this company unless you want to end up in debt due to them not paying correctly.
Cons
Good fast job to apply , kinda small wages
Labourer (Current Employee) –  Bond Street Station24 April 2019
So far is good reliable agency for work, very fast response from representatives and staff. The cons about is that in beginning you will work different sites.
Pros
Reliable
Cons
Working different sites in beginning
great company
Plumber/Pipefitter (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London23 April 2019
good company to work for, always found me work, and paid on time, would recommend them to any other plumbers.
even when other agencies don't have any work and say that there isn't much work out there, TSG always seem to find me something
Pros
good pay, always on time
Awful company
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Kent14 March 2019
Awful company to work for, the team leaders are lazy, they say they have a lot of work on but you receive one day a week sometimes none, full of empty promises! And the team leaders have no respect for staff and think they’re better than everyone else, be little you in front of staff to show their authority and the office do very little about this and if you say something they again offer you no work! Awful experience working for this company!
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Shore Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5