THE SHEFFIELD COLLEGE
THE SHEFFIELD COLLEGE Employee Review

Gained a variety of experience

16 April 2018
I am looking for alternative work as my position ceased due to position changing, not necessarily doing the same type of role.

I have had varied experience since leaving school in 1978.

I am looking for work admin based and database rather than a secretarial position, preferably in the public sector or educational environment, or government agency.
Pros
variety
Cons
couldn't continue because not enough work for me
10 March 2020
Student Union President (Current Employee) - Sheffield, South Yorkshire
I have enjoyed my time at the Sheffield College as I have learnt a lot about myself along the way. I have also learnt incredible life skills about working in an industry. The hardest part of this job was probably the campaign planning and attending governing body meetings.
26 February 2020
Cover Tutor (Former Employee) - Sheffield
I taught ESOL, It was an interesting matter to teach students of different backgrounds . I did part-time from Monday to Friday. I visited so many different places as requested.
12 November 2018
Career Coach (Former Employee) - Sheffield, South Yorkshire
Sheffield College has a poor reputation, and with good reason. As an employer, most staff are temporary, and are employed through the colleges own 'recruitment agency', meaning that they are paying themselves to hire you. This also means that working for the college isn't secure, and they can (and do) change your terms and conditions of employment whenever they choose to. My salary was several thousand pounds a year less when I started, than what was agreed at interview. This was rectified within a few weeks, but this was no mistake.
Pros
Catering students create interesting lunches
Cons
Salary, conditions, environment
Ask a question about working or interviewing at THE SHEFFIELD COLLEGE. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8