The Scottish Government Employee Reviews

Encouraging and supportive
Stakeholder Engagement Executive (Former Employee) –  Glasgow16 November 2018
I was able to develop skills I didn't even know I had.
I enjoyed going to work everyday, and found the atmosphere incredibly supportive and encouraging - pushing me to do my best, and to push past what I previously thought my best was.
Not recommended for those with learning disabilities
Statistician (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh16 November 2018
When I took a B2 post here, I anticipated moving up to a B3 post within around a year based on my level of work experience and qualifications. However, I was unfortunate with my line manager and team leader. At my 9 month probation, I was marked down (bye bye permanent contract) due to issues relating to dyslexia. I voiced my concerns about the unfair (and unlawful) way my case was handled (was also still waiting for workplace adjustments) but to uphold a complaint required going through the grievance process. Given how stressful my time here already was, I promptly found myself a promotion elsewhere instead.
Pros
Flexitime
Cons
Discrimination
Stimulating and varied work areas.
Civil Servant (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, SCT16 August 2013
The Scottish Goverment is a stimulating and varied place to work in, dealing as it does with many of the issues that touch people across the country. It offers a wide variety of types of job from mainstream civil servant to professional.
Pros
Stimulating, varied, some staff benefits
Cons
Pay does not compare well with the private sector.