The Savoy

The Savoy Employee Reviews

United Kingdom46 reviews
A typical day as a Royal Service Agent at The Savoy is very broad. You have to deal from complaints to good feedbacks from your guests whilst dealing with the daily task as well as delivering luxury high standards such as FORBES and LQA.
The managements is well distributed as everything is tracked down to make sure we enhance a wonderful journey for our guests from the beginning to the end. However the hardest part of the job is dealing with little tasks that comes out of the blu when on a busy day, as you do not want to upset anyone.

However, there is always time for a fun moment when guests enjoy talking to you or when you correctly deliver what they have asked for with the highest standards.
Pros
Discounts in the venues
Cons
Shifts timing - very variable
i have been working here for 2 years and I have not got any qualification that could have give me the possibility to develop on my career.
I would recommend to look after their staff as they are the heart of the business.
Pros
regular hours
Cons
career progression difficulties
This company is a top class in terms of benefits and how they treat there employee. They serve the best quality service that u would wanted too. I can really encourage u to try and experience.
Pros
Free foodand clothing
Cons
Nothing to say
Savoy was definitly the best working experience I had so far.
Would change notihng, pefect management and amazing HR support for everyone at all times.
Pros
free food
Cons
An amazing place to work in the hospitality industry. Great benefits and opportunity to grow within the company. Great community and fun place to work.
A lot of opportunities, with possibilities to grown up and show your skills in different areas and department. Supporting team and good team work in all areas.
Pros
Competitive salary
Cons
24 hours 7 days guest attention
As I was on placement I was there to learn. over the 14 months, I spent there I worked in a restaurant where I gained f&b skills, bar & cocktail skills and hosting skills. I was also an Event server and I learned how to run a function and the Sales & Marketing side of the Events.
Pros
free lunch
The Savoy is a place working at hence its character that promotes teamwork and relationships. There are open for those team members who want to advance in their pursuit for advancement.
There are several training programmesession on offer at the Savoy thus online and offline respectively.
Pros
There is free breskfast, lunch and dinner for every employee ( colleague ).
Cons
There are long hours and a three shift system in place .
Great atmosphere great working relations, worked along side some very interesting chefs from around the world and gained extensive knowledge in a wide range of foods
Great Hotel with unlimited resources. Helping clients made the job exciting and fun.

Savoy Hotel is a great place to work. I enjoyed the staff and the Management.

The most enjoyable part of my experience was speaking to clients
Pros
Free Lunches
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at The Savoy?
Working for The Savoy has been the highlight of my career. They treat colleagues as well as colleagues are expected to treat guests. We are "all" about the guest!!
La definirei un' università del bartending dove poter lavorare in armonia con colleghi e clienti fantastici.
Great managers , great place but a hard job .
This place can teach every of us what`s mean "standards" and "professionalism". Is exactly what you can expect from an expensive 5 stars hotel but with a plus of style.
Good place to work. I started there when i moved in London. The system is organised, the employers can take the information what they need easily. If you are work or start as a beginner they give it to you training.
Pros
free lunches
An opportunity to experiment with food and menus. Great team work and environment. Achieved organisational skills and a different way of cooking with fresh and good quality products.
such a busy work place with easy going management. dedicated and excellent staff who enjoys their roles. a place to gain skills, knowledge and experience.
good
Cons
busy
Commis de rang lors des periodes de fete.
beaucoup de travail lors de Noel et du Nouvel An.

Tres bonne ambiance dans l'equipe.

Managers compréhensifs et tres talentueux.
If you can handle the stress of shift work then it's a good place to work but zero hour contracts are not good.
It is a fast paced environment and the team are very welcoming.
Pros
50% discount on food when on shift
Cons
lack of job security
Was commis chef in savoy after leaving college.

was great place for me to learn expierance in a busy workplace.

the place was very disaplinned work place
Pros
great place to work
Cons
17 hour days
Since I am at The Savoy I gained more experience not only in my position, but also in management job. I help my manager with stock take, writing emails, preparing rota and some other paper work. I really want to grow up. I have been studying accountancy in my country and really want to practise it here and to get it as my regular job.
I have had the pleasure of working in this hotel, one of the best I have work. I had the chance of working in banqueting, private rooms and rooms service. The management was fairly good.
Pros
Working as an extra
Cons
No holiday paid
Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Savoy. Our community is ready to answer.
4.5