The Salvation Army Employee Reviews

Worst company ever to work for look out for their own
Assistant support worker (Former Employee) –  Glasgow20 June 2018
If your not in the Salvation Army family don’t apply only look out for their own and cover up and tell lie. Loads of bullying goes on by management also
I'm a voluntary with the salvation army.
Volunteer retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glasgow18 June 2018
I work with the salvation army charity shop. I am a retired nursery nurse. I work four hours and choose the days I prefer. I steam clean garments price tag them put them out on display on shop floor and rotate stock after a certain time it's been on display. I meet and greet customers and provide help if they require any. Do general tidying as I go on with my hours. I work with a lot of different characters from teenagers to pension age and enjoy them all. I can't say there is any part of the job hard as I haven't come across any difficulties as of yet.
Pros
Discount
Good Place
STORE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire16 June 2018
It's a good place to work, the workers there are very generous and loving. it is about something bigger, they represent a bigger organisation than themselves.
Pros
Good people
Excellent people and culture
Kitchen Porter (Current Employee) –  Brighouse16 June 2018
A very friendly place to work , the people are very dedicated and this offers a really good service to the community.
The Café is often busy, and every enjoys attending
Pros
Very nice environment
happy workforce
Voluntary Work (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London16 June 2018
i learned a lot about work from this workplace. the managers were extremely supportive and kind. the workers in the workforce are very friendly and inviting.
Pros
flexible shifts
Cons
short lunches
Fun and busy work environment
Stockroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Johnstone, Renfrewshire14 June 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at The Salvation Army, the manager and staff were kind and helpful, they also taught me a lot about not just the job, but the work environment in general, which was really beneficial considering this was my first hands-on experience with the world of work.
Pros
Fun and infectious work environment
Cons
Limited work equipment
Really nice enviroment
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Durham11 June 2018
I really enjoyed working here they made me feel very welcoming and it was really good hours to work around my kids school hours to :)... I looked foward to going to work every day
every day is different
Day Centre Manager (Current Employee) –  Norwich9 June 2018
Enjoyed working here, every day is different. Caring for the different elderly people brings me real joy and i am privilaged to be a part of their care.
hardworking emotionally draining
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  St Helens29 May 2018
constant change and aggression towards staff from residents. No two days are the same. Poor decision makers in authority positions putting staf at risk
Great environment
Preschool Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gillingham22 May 2018
The staff and children were very welcoming and immediately made me feel comfortable within the new environment. The week of work experience in did here really allowed me to learn and develop im portent skills. The staff were more than pleased with their jobs too.
Good company
Community events (Former Employee) –  Croydon17 May 2018
Very good company to work for as i loved helping out the less fortunate. Ran by some amazing people with good intentions would love to work for this company again
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Great place to gain retail experience
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Wishaw, North Lanarkshire16 May 2018
I enjoyed volunteering with The Salvation Army in one of their many stores. This gave me great experience in the retail sector and customer service. The (paid) staff were mostly very friendly.
A very productive and fun environment to work in.
Cashier/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dunfermline15 May 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed my time in the local Salvation Army Shop. There was a great atmosphere and working environment in the shop. I made many friends in the shop which included the managers and the staff.
I volunteered for two years which involved me pricing clothes and non clothes, cleaning, steaming clothes, arranging the shop floor layout and handling cash and credit card payments at the cashier.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
None for me
Productive fun Workplace
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Victoria14 May 2018
I loved working at the Salvos. There goal and mission is something i highly respect and its inspiring to me that people are so dedicated to helping those less fortunate than them for little financial benefits. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the positive affect work had on each individual seeking refuge.
Pros
Spreading positivity
Cons
Empathy for the customers
excellent customer service.
Event Steward (Former Employee) –  Barking12 May 2018
I really enjoyed my time working there and thought it was a really good environment to work in.The management team were a pleasure to work under with.
Pros
Decent lunch breaks
Friendly workplace
Back room volunteer (Former Employee) –  Midsomer Norton, Somerset11 May 2018
All of the employees where happy to have our help and were easy to communicate with when we had questions. A pleasant work environment. Allowed me to work as part of a team.
Really productive and a great place to work.
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Kirkintilloch, East Dunbartonshire3 May 2018
I worked at The Salvation Army for two months gaining valuable work experience. I really enjoyed my time working there and thought it was a really good environment to work in.

During my time working here I gained a lot of experience working with the public which gave me the confidence to deliver excellent customer service.

The management team were a pleasure to work under and my colleagues were very easy to work with.

The hardest part of the job for me was pricing things, however I never gave up and worked hard to improve my confidence in this area.
My favorite part of the job was working with my colleagues as they were really helpful and shared their experiences with me.
Pros
Regular breaks
Was decent
Volunteer Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Helensburgh22 April 2018
The voluntary work was helpful and enjoyable. Involved stocking shelves and dealing with customers as well as cleaning the store to make it look presentable.
Work experiance
Volunteer Nursery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gillingham19 April 2018
Gave me a new perspective and passion, although working there wasn't for me :) it helped develop my passion of wanting to further my health and social care studies and wanting to be a foster carer. the manager is absolutely lovely :) and caring
it was alright
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Sutton16 April 2018
it was alright I felt I was used as a bit of a grunt too much and felt that I was not given knowledge that was needed until later on in the work experience but over ii found the whole thing to be average and no problems at all.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
did more tasted then i was meant too

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Salvation Army. Our community is ready to answer.

53.6K