The Salvation Army Employee Reviews

Work experiance
Volunteer Nursery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gillingham19 April 2018
Gave me a new perspective and passion, although working there wasn't for me :) it helped develop my passion of wanting to further my health and social care studies and wanting to be a foster carer. the manager is absolutely lovely :) and caring
it was alright
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Sutton16 April 2018
it was alright I felt I was used as a bit of a grunt too much and felt that I was not given knowledge that was needed until later on in the work experience but over ii found the whole thing to be average and no problems at all.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
did more tasted then i was meant too
Rewarding community based environment
IT Tutor (Current Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire15 April 2018
Works wonders in the community. Provides great services. Involves helping people to learn computer skills. I have improved greatly . Sometimes difficult to teach people to do some things if they have not done computers before.
Pros
Social learning
Cons
Voluntary work
Shop Manager (Former Employee) –  Beckenham, Greater London11 April 2018
Good work long hours cant give poor people discount everything is overpriced. The price is the price no oh well what can you afford. Over £1.00 charge for a carrier bag!
Pros
Bargains
Cons
Couldnt give poor people discount
A place to work.
Sales representative (Current Employee) –  Altrincham10 April 2018
My experience at the Salvation Army has been nothing short of good team work, positive and great learning experience. It indeed is a place to work selflessly.
Voluntary worker 2010-2015
Merthyr Tydfil Voluntary worker (Former Employee) –  Merthyr Tydfil1 April 2018
Working in a Play Group providing a reliable service to the community, creating a safe play environment for toddlers, involving them in craft, and stimulating play. My other duties were making tea and coffee for mothers and providing an outlet for mothers to meet and converse.
Really recommend this Job !
Assistant Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Sheffield1 April 2018
I absolutely LOVE working for The Salvation Army. I get to meet people from all different circumstances, backgrounds and no two day is the same. I' ve learned so much from working with them and how the issue of homelessness is very profound and how much organisations, like The Salvation Army, make a difference to the life of vulnerable individuals. The Management are very supportive, understanding and encouraging. I feel like I could speak to them freely and they really do bide by the rules and genuinely want to help people. The hardest part of my job is when I know a client's potential but they don't know what they can achieve, this is usually down to the prior situations that they have found themselves in and I have the upmost respect and are in awe of every single that walks through the door.
Pros
Lovely client's, staff and management
Cons
weekend shifts !
fun and educating
Helper (Former Employee) –  Bishops Stortford, Hertfordshire27 March 2018
Good work experience enjoyed working with the general public and helping out with organising the shop and its items. I also learnt till work and how the organisation was run and what they did.
It’s was a enjoyable experience
Voluntary Worker (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow24 March 2018
I have learned how to be responsible and organised also to be on time and the most enjoyable part of the job was too meet new people and different members of the shop
Pros
Generous colleagues
Productive and good team work
Till cashier (Former Employee) –  95 Bracebridge Dr, Nottingham NG8 4PL20 March 2018
I worked at the till cashier most of the time the hardst thing was serving lots of people.
I learned that if someone wants to really do something they need to work hard.
I enjoyed working with people.
Fun and energetic workplace
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Dundee12 March 2018
Working here was a lot of fun, my colleagues made my time spent in the workplace fun and easier. Everyone was full of energy, honest and hardworking. There was never a day without fun.
Voluntary work
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  London9 March 2018
I enjoyed providing voluntary support at the Salvation Army as i love giving back and helping people.

I started volunteering while studying in sixth form.
Nice place to work
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  West Wickham, Greater London6 March 2018
I would work here as a vile tree really nice people to work with and good to know more about Salvation Army and about the charity and learn new skills and meet new people
Pros
Nice managment
Cons
Not very nice out back jobs
Indeed 150 minimum characters shold be remove
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gillingham6 March 2018
It is no longer there so this review is now pointless and remove this 150 minimum characters thing course it does not help one little bit, ................................
Pros
It was a nice place
Cons
No longer there
day
Kitchen Assistant (Second Job Part Time) (Former Employee) –  Blackburn, Lancashire6 March 2018
Good company to work for lots of opportunities to progress and courses to go on to for more knowledge and confidence.

Great people to work for and enjoyable
Oppressive culture created by upper management
Registered Home Manager (Current Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands4 March 2018
Worked for Salvation Army for 13 years and after I burnt out from the demands and strain of the job without adequate support, I left with a bitter feeling and no self worth.
Pros
Lovely residents
Cons
Lack of AD support
Fun workplace
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Fakenham, Norfolk26 February 2018
typical day included tidying shop, rotating stock, sorting donations, pricing up clothing & brick a brac. I learnt how to do banking and till work. the management was fantastic.
Ambiente lavorativo magnifico
Cassiere (Former Employee) –  Bournemouth-Regno Unito18 February 2018
In questo lavoro ho potuto migliorare le mie competenze comunicative e gestionali, relazionandomi molto con i clienti
Pros
flessibilità
hadleigh training centre
Catering Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hadleigh, Essex13 February 2018
Worked there for 3 years , was a great place to work to help guide and tutor adults with support needs and barriers to emplyment and the small team of catering assistants i managed , but it is also very hard as many of the managers are related and it is hard to talk to anyone if you need too without fear of it being brushed under the carpet , it was quite hard somedays the way certain people speak to you .
Pros
Free food, training latest available, varied days, customer interaction and friendships
Cons
alot of family in middle and high management, some people border on aggressive not assertive
Helper (Former Employee) –  Gosport, Hampshire12 February 2018
A typical day is that you are always welcome to the church and to the Sunday school with the kids and to the youth club with the kids which always to turn out quite fun.

What i learnt was that you have to treat the kids and the adults with respect as you are taking the responsibilities of those kids into your hands.

The management there are really nice and that you can get along with them so quickly and become friends with them

The workplace culture is amazing there is an amazing atmosphere around with the kids and the other workers.

The hardest part of the job was nothing as there wasn't anything hard with the job

The most enjoyable part of the job was when it came to Christmas and Easter time where the staff gave out Christmas presents at Christmas time and Easter eggs out at Easter time
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Salvation Army. Our community is ready to answer.

53.4K