The Royal Wolverhampton NHS Trust Employee Reviews

poor job culture
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton18 October 2019
lots of unpaid overtime
long hours missed breaks
expected to complete tasks in record time

Patients are lovely very grateful, all colleagues are hard working
Lack of support
Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands15 October 2019
Managers not at all helpful, unable to clear my name following a mistake which I didn't make & was dismissed after many years of loyal service, made to feel like a criminal and have never really got over that experience. Anxiety and depression is managed but the experience has left scars.
A good hospital to work at with an award winning education programme
Staff Nurse - Senior Band (Current Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands30 September 2019
Currently working on a busy specialist ward, no two days are the same, it is a privilege to nurse the patients and become a part of their journey. It is a challenge at times due to lack of resources namely staff.
Terrible management and staff
Clinical studies officer (Former Employee) –  The Barberry, Birmingham.21 August 2019
This was, without a doubt, the worst job I have ever had. The management hadn't a clue what they were doing, and had allowed staff to form a clique where bigotry and laziness was allowed to thrive. I had the highest patient recruitment rate they had ever experienced, which led to my colleagues "gossiping". Dreadful lack of vision by the managers and an appalling laissez faire attitude across the staff.
Communications and Engagement Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Cross Site26 November 2018
Very friendly and great staff and a lovely atmosphere to work in, I worked there for around 6 months and really enjoyed my time there, all of the porters are friendly and everyone was very welcoming.
Only 4 hour shifts
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands18 October 2018
Good place to be only 4 hour shifts per day unless your needed for overtime. Weekend work is on the wards and can be quite exhausting. Training is provided on the job
great place to work
Project Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands9 February 2018
working in the HR workforce department and was an absolutely great place to work. Had to leave as was relocating so another part of the country but really miss it. Great people, great colleagues and great management.
Too many managers and not enough Nurses and Admin
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands29 September 2017
Learned how to analyse data,
The hardest part of the job were the deadlines for figures to be sent to the Home Office.
Dealing with Alcohol and Heroin and Crack Addiction
Pros
Team Work between Nurses
Cons
Lack of Comunication
Maternity Work Experience
Work Experience Student (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands14 September 2017
i was a work experience and young so was able to a lot of things, however the teams where very kind and willing to inform me on all the procedure they undergone.
Cons
i wish i could have stayed longer as i missed a birth with a mother whom i sent all day with
I have enjoyed working in the nhs as part of a vast team
Health Care Assistant (HCA) (Current Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands1 August 2017
I have progressed in my employment with the trust and feel I am ready for a change in my career path.i have enjoyed working for the trust in numerous jobs and have been happy in each job i have made a lot of friends and happy memories working there.
Pros
Very good team work
Cons
Long hours and shifts
excelente
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Reino Unido22 July 2017
Excelente equipo medico, enfermero y auxiliar. Excelentes condiciones laborales.
Pros
Contrato estable
Good benefits
Clerical officer (Current Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands16 July 2017
There are lots of benefits i.e. Flexibility. There are courses available. The bank is also an option. It is a very good place to work for. You are paid when off sick. Your salary increment goes up every year. There are lots of opportunities for advancement.
Pros
Staff benefits
Cons
You are expected to work hard
Not a great place to work
RGN (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands5 June 2017
I found that there was little support for nurses who were new to the trust. The hospital has a blame culture and some of the staff do not think outside the box
Royal Wolverhampton
Support Administrator (Current Employee) –  Wolverhampton31 May 2017
Structured
I learned how Doctors and Dentists are recruited, the payscale and incriments for both doctors and dentists
management it all the departments I worked were well organised and efficient
The culture overall was one of comradery
Due to the nature of my roles the repeatativness could render me bored and restless as there was very little interaction with others outside of those who were based in the office
I enjoyed most being able to bond with those I worked with and being offiered constant support whilst learning my role.
Busy Hospital Ward
Ward Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands3 May 2017
Receptionist on ward at New Cross Hospital.
Good teamwork on the ward, issue with management listening to staff problems/issues.
Hardest part of the job being dealing with bereaved relatives.
Most enjoyable part of the job for me would be seeing a patient come onto the ward in a poorly state and leave the unit to be discharged onto a ward or home.
Pros
NHS Discount, Pension Scheme, Working conditions.
Cons
Certain Policies, Emotional Upheaval
A good place to work for
Theatre Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  wolverhampton31 March 2017
A great environment and team! Hard work but rewarding!
It all about working tight as a team. lots of responsibilities so pressure of work is great! Also you have to readjust your personal life to fit in around work as you will be expected to be on call out duties!
Pros
Making a difference to peoples lives!
Cons
Very very long hours for basic pay!
overall good
Radiographer (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands24 February 2017
pay could be a lot better with new bandings for staff and the chance to improve training when asked would be better for staff members aswell.
volunteer
Meal Time Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton30 December 2016
I enjoy volunteering and believe that it gives individuals a wide range of opportunities to see what nurses do from day to day. also it gives volunteer experience in what working in a hospital is like.
Pros
interact with different people
Poor Employer
Medical Secretary (Current Employee) –  Wolverhampton20 September 2016
Poor management, poorly supported management, appalling HR. A Trust that is not to be trusted as an employer. An HR department who are incapable and unwilling to follow their own policies and procedures, misadvising managers on policy and process and, worst of all, Law.
Wonderful hard working people to work for.
Administration Support Secretary (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton25 April 2016
I really enjoyed my time in the NHS. I wish I could've stayed working for them but unfortunately this wasn't to be. I have learned some wonderful skills that are transferable to any other Administration position I may be lucky enough to acquire. We had some really busy days at work but I managed my time really well and all my jobs got done. I met some nice people and stayed friends with most of them.
Pros
wonderful people to work with
Cons
Notenough budget to extend contracts