The Royal Wolverhampton NHS Trust Employee Reviews

great place to work
Project Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands9 February 2018
working in the HR workforce department and was an absolutely great place to work. Had to leave as was relocating so another part of the country but really miss it. Great people, great colleagues and great management.
Worse place
Domestic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton16 January 2018
Worse place to work very racist some thing you wouldn't expect in the NHS if you are Black Asian or African you stand no chance of progression at all if your face don't fit
Pros
Cons
Racist
fun place
Project Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Based in Urgent care department, help desk.31 August 2017
Good experience, interacting with 20 people or more a day, learning about clinical work at the hospital, improving services, helping others, computer skills.
I have enjoyed working in the nhs as part of a vast team
Health Care Assistant (HCA) (Current Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands1 August 2017
I have progressed in my employment with the trust and feel I am ready for a change in my career path.i have enjoyed working for the trust in numerous jobs and have been happy in each job i have made a lot of friends and happy memories working there.
Pros
Very good team work
Cons
Long hours and shifts
Good benefits
Clerical officer (Current Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands16 July 2017
There are lots of benefits i.e. Flexibility. There are courses available. The bank is also an option. It is a very good place to work for. You are paid when off sick. Your salary increment goes up every year. There are lots of opportunities for advancement.
Pros
Staff benefits
Cons
You are expected to work hard
Busy Hospital Ward
Ward Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands3 May 2017
Receptionist on ward at New Cross Hospital.
Good teamwork on the ward, issue with management listening to staff problems/issues.
Hardest part of the job being dealing with bereaved relatives.
Most enjoyable part of the job for me would be seeing a patient come onto the ward in a poorly state and leave the unit to be discharged onto a ward or home.
Pros
NHS Discount, Pension Scheme, Working conditions.
Cons
Certain Policies, Emotional Upheaval
overall good
Radiographer (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands24 February 2017
pay could be a lot better with new bandings for staff and the chance to improve training when asked would be better for staff members aswell.
volunteer
Meal Time Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton30 December 2016
I enjoy volunteering and believe that it gives individuals a wide range of opportunities to see what nurses do from day to day. also it gives volunteer experience in what working in a hospital is like.
Pros
interact with different people
Poor Employer
Medical Secretary (Current Employee) –  Wolverhampton20 September 2016
Poor management, poorly supported management, appalling HR. A Trust that is not to be trusted as an employer. An HR department who are incapable and unwilling to follow their own policies and procedures, misadvising managers on policy and process and, worst of all, Law.
Wonderful hard working people to work for.
Administration Support Secretary (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton25 April 2016
I really enjoyed my time in the NHS. I wish I could've stayed working for them but unfortunately this wasn't to be. I have learned some wonderful skills that are transferable to any other Administration position I may be lucky enough to acquire. We had some really busy days at work but I managed my time really well and all my jobs got done. I met some nice people and stayed friends with most of them.
Pros
wonderful people to work with
Cons
Notenough budget to extend contracts
Friendly faces and good patient care
Domestic (Current Employee) –  Wolverhampton, ENG19 July 2015
good place to work, friendly staff, very busy environment and fast paced. great opportunities for anyone who wants to further their career.
Fun workplace
Project Coordinator-Health Education West Midlands (Current Employee) –  Wolverhampton29 May 2015
A nice environment to work.Nice and friendly colleagues.

Good It support and information dissemination.

I don't feel like am doing any work.
Interesting work when left to do job
Outpatient Support Clerk (Current Employee) –  Wednesfield19 May 2015
Co-workers pleasant and work interesting but management do not seem to listen and change things around that do not benefit staff or patients, thereby causing disruption and unwilling to provide valid reasons for change.
Pros
Some flexibility with hours and interesting work
Cons
Management not listening
Its a good place to work
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wolverhampton, ENG21 December 2013
Its hard work being on you feet all day but its nice to be thanked by patients for your kindness.
Pros
I have a job
Cons
long hours for not a very good wage