The Royal Masonic Benevolent Institution Care Company

The Royal Masonic Benevolent Institution Care Company Employee Reviews

Featured review
The Royal Masonic Benevolent Institution Care Company selected this as a representative review
Very lovely place to work for
Care support worker (Current Employee) –  Stisted3 January 2019
I have worked for the RMBI for 5 years apart from the 3 months that I left the only reason I left was to try something different I didn’t like it and was welcomed back to the home with open arms. The staff are lovely the management are lovely and the place is just generally a lovely place to work for. I can’t see myself being anywhere else now. I’m part of the furniture you won’t regret working within the RMBI the benefits we get are great and the company is great to work for. The manager at the home is well mannered and very easy to get on with and if you have any problems is quick to deal with things and get them sorted.
I really enjoy working for the RMBI and would recommend the home to anyone who is looking for a care job or anyone who is wanting to start out as being a carer you don’t need experience to work at the home as we will teach you the ropes and the training is great you will learn everything you need to know.
Pros
All meals are free
Productive & Supportive Work Environment
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Hove, East Sussex13 March 2019
I have worked on and off for the RMBI for almost 6 years now - I started as a level 2 carer and then worked my way up to level 3 carer before being promoted to shift leader. We've had a variety of different managers since I started, our current manager is the best we've ever had - she has made significant improvements in the home which have made the environment much more welcoming and relaxed, not only for those we care for, but for the staff too.
Pros
Free lunches and opportunities to progress your career.
fair job fair money
Night Carer (Former Employee) –  Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk13 February 2019
i have worked for the rmbi on 2 seperate occasions the 1 st was brilliant, good management friendly staff free meals uniforms.
2nd time around i worked for 3 years only leaving 6 months ago. i worked night shifts on the dementia unit in those 3 years only ever had 2 breaktimes where you were relieved off the floor as the job is very demanding! the management is constantly changing hands. the staff do their best and are never thanked only criticised. im glad i left when i did. the money was the only good thing, if they paid you correctly. and you get a slice of ham to make a sandwich thats it.
Pros
money
Cons
no breaks
Kind, Supportive and Trusted Care Homes
Trainer (Current Employee) –  Hove, East Sussex4 February 2019
I have worked for the RMBI for almost 3 years now, I have found that this organisation is by far the best I have worked for in the health care industry.
The homes are all individual and unique, with a warm welcoming atmosphere. The staff are always happy to help and guide each other to work well as a team and the management team could not be more supportive.
There is always room for professional development within the organisation which I find refreshing and uplifting.
Overall the RMBI always has their residents at the very heart, everything they do is to provide the best possible care for the residents. The staff are given the training and tool to do their jobs effectively and know if we ask for support we will get it.
Pros
Lunches and uniforms provided, discounts to shops and restaurants

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Royal Masonic Benevolent Institution Care Company. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5