The Royal Household

The Royal Household Employee Reviews

United Kingdom11 reviews
good
It was a good experience, can be a competitive environment but management are helpful. Had very thorough training which was a bit too long. However the workplace culture is very fun and helpful.
Sadly The Royal Household "Time to go".
Sadly, The Royal Household has become unfit for purpose and is now engaged primarily in the generation of events revenue and although it has been kept quiet there have been many job redundancies in recent years to feed the events sausage machine and a "Time to go" mentality right from the top! Perhaps THEY should. Please circulate this and do not apply to work here. All very sad.
A great place to work, but...
Working for this company is great, however there are little to no opportunities to progress up in the company - despite the household receiving the Gold ‘Investors in People’ award. In the time I was posted there the management constantly changed, directions and visions were never solid and you never really knew what was coming next.

Each department varies
pros and cons
I enjoyed the work I was doing but found that there was no support from HR and the office. No progression or support and therefore demoralising. Didn't feel that anyone knew I existed.
Pros
reasonable wages for industry
Cons
no support
A workplace like no other
Unique environment, excellent workplace culture and colleagues, fascinating and diverse work, reasonable pay and great benefits. It was a privilege to work there.
Great experience
Had a lot of fun meeting new people, and developing my job skills.My role insisted of selling merchandise and engaged with international customers despite language barriers whilst maintaining excellent customer service also assisting in setting up and maintenance of merchandise
Pros
free lunch
An Honourable Job
My job as Royal Telephonist was exciting, being able to take calls from the Royal family and Her Majesty was very interesting. Being in charge of the telephone calls in and out of The Royal Household was indeed an experience.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
A lot to learn and remember.
Good company
Overall the Management are lovely people, really easy to get on with. The job though was tough to learn, although the most enjoyable part was to speak to some fantastic people. Lovely benefits.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
working weekends, overnight stays
good experience
Good relation with manager, very nice place, great benefits, team work is great. Meals are fine. very central, easy access.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long standing hours
brilliant
brilliant place to work during the summer excellent vibe as well the work also being very enjoyable. A nice job for summer and students.
Professional and friendly workplace
Within my role I have learned many skills that has lead me to progress within the position.
It is s very customer focussed role in which I feel I excel in providing excellent customer care and service.

I enjoy working for a professional company however I now feel working weekends is not for me.
Pros
free parking
Cons
weekend work