The Roundhouse

The Roundhouse Employee Reviews in London

I really enjoyed my placement at the Roundhouse. I got to see everything that goes on, behind the scenes of my favourite venue. Getting to take part in events organising, one day and then tech support the next, helping with youth policy and engagement, getting to work on the roundhouse radio. I got to do so many things, it was a brilliant experience.
Pros
I got to work at my favourite venue and met Newton Faulkner
Cons
I couldn't stay longer
Training and support were great,no day quite ever the same. Fun environment to work at, worked in different jobs every other day, got to see plenty of live music aswell.
Great place to work just need more reliable hours. Great staff and venue
A typical day meant setting up the bar, replenishing stock, cleaning the work surfaces. Then when the event started (be it a music gig or performance) as a bar worker I was required to serve customers alcohol or snacks. When the event finished I would help in cleaning up the bars and moving any stock that needed moving and would help in counting the money in the cash register.
The Roundhouse has a very relaxed atmosphere but at the same time it is very organised place to work.I learned to work fast and multitask at busy nights and always made sure that all the customers were satisfied with the service that I provided. The hardest part of the job was dealing with drunk customers but I made sure I remained calm and dealt reasonably with them.The Roundhouse is a Venues which has concerts,theatre,circus and many other events,therefore working there can be an entertaining and educational experience.Also the people that work there are very good team workers which made the job more enjoyable.
Pros
the company paid for taxis to get everyone home whenever we finished after midnight