The Roundhouse

The Roundhouse Employee Reviews

fantastic place to work for anyone who had a passion for youth work or the performing arts. Very relaxed environment but also demanding at times. The only potential down side is that its a Zero hour contract which means you are not guaranteed work. This all depends on how keen you are ofcourse. Very good rate of pay too.
Pros
could meet industry people/celebs and rate of pay.
Cons
Zero hour contract.
Good place to work, good pay, fast paste, you need to be focus at all times, nice people, cultural place, good benefits, fun teams, all good recommend to all
Very professional kind caring and very good staff friendly place happy and very enjoyable to work for. I loved working there. I would always go back to work for the roundhouse
Pros- treated well and fed and watered on the shift Cons- very stressful, tiring and sometimes not enough hours. Overall, I enjoyed my time working there.
Training and support were great,no day quite ever the same. Fun environment to work at, worked in different jobs every other day, got to see plenty of live music aswell.
I looked forward to attending work at the café, the staff and the owner were all so welcoming, I got along with them all. The atmosphere was lovely and I enjoyed my time here.
Pros
lovely staff
I really enjoyed my placement at the Roundhouse. I got to see everything that goes on, behind the scenes of my favourite venue. Getting to take part in events organising, one day and then tech support the next, helping with youth policy and engagement, getting to work on the roundhouse radio. I got to do so many things, it was a brilliant experience.
Pros
I got to work at my favourite venue and met Newton Faulkner
Cons
I couldn't stay longer
Great place to work just need more reliable hours. Great staff and venue
A typical day meant setting up the bar, replenishing stock, cleaning the work surfaces. Then when the event started (be it a music gig or performance) as a bar worker I was required to serve customers alcohol or snacks. When the event finished I would help in cleaning up the bars and moving any stock that needed moving and would help in counting the money in the cash register.
The Roundhouse has a very relaxed atmosphere but at the same time it is very organised place to work.I learned to work fast and multitask at busy nights and always made sure that all the customers were satisfied with the service that I provided. The hardest part of the job was dealing with drunk customers but I made sure I remained calm and dealt reasonably with them.The Roundhouse is a Venues which has concerts,theatre,circus and many other events,therefore working there can be an entertaining and educational experience.Also the people that work there are very good team workers which made the job more enjoyable.
Pros
the company paid for taxis to get everyone home whenever we finished after midnight