The Ritz London

The Ritz London Employee Reviews

United Kingdom16 reviews
The company is a great company to work for, well paid and well looked after staff. Only downfall is the management can act like a mafia when they want to get there own way but I suppose this comes with the territory.
Promised a week of training that got cut short to 3 days. Big work loads almost impossible to complete on time so I often missed my break. Many of us worked 6 days a week. Stressful.
Cons
Beautiful aesthetically, but poor management. Treated very unfairly. Pay just minimum to survive. Very stressful. Unable to grow professionally. If you can avoid it, that would be best.
It is slave labour. You will work 10hr+ shifts with only 30 mins breaks (which is illegal) and you will be treated with no respect. It is very much a hierarchy where you have no say so in anything. It is male orientated and it has a very old fashioned way of thinking and the staff are forced to speak to the guests as if they are robots. It is very fake and a very unpleasant environment to work in. Work in a different hotel.
Nagyon jó ! Londonban vak ajánlani tudom mindenkinek !!!
Pros
Although I did stay at The Ritz London for 5 days, I personally found the working place as excellent and I would strongly recommend it to anyone who wants to gain experience quick.
good place for young chefs to learn. beautiful kitchen. bad managers. poor banqueting facilities which lets the place down. zero staff benefits . .....
The Ritz has the "duck" effect. Smooth in the surface and working like crazy behind the scenes. It is a unique experience working at the Ritz and uncomparable with any job I've ever done.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Too stuck in their ways
Iam Working hard.
I have Communication in the kitchen and iam Team worker.

I haveCreative. I like to work the best quality at food and the best level.
Cons
Short breakes
Great old fashioned Hotel. High standards, professional staff, very well trained. Extreme attention to details, quality and guest satisfaction. Very busy.
Pros
Best afternoon tea in England
Cons
To work at The Ritz for over one year taught me what does it mean to work in a five stars hotel, in terms of standards and behavior, also brought me a big knowledge in terms of drinks but what most helped me is in knowing how to deal with important and extra care guests, with complaints and with any kind of issue, how to keep the calm and find a solution. I learnt how to read the guest.
The Ritz is a true institution with rich history. The character of the hotel comes to life with the management and the staff. Staff are recognized for their hard work and are encouraged to provide excellent service to guests. There is a great feeling of pride working at the Ritz.
nice place, even though its very demanding.Nice cooworkers.
I worked in almost all the F&B departments and mastered traditional silver service. I was dealing with very high profile clients on a daily basis and was studying for my diploma at the same time.
With this job I have learned how important it is to be flexible and make use of my own resources. I have gained the ability to work independently or as team, a sense of discretion around confidential information, prioritization skills and multi-tasking ability.
I gained the ability to:

§ adapt to multicultural environments;

§ handle critical situations;

§ manage and plan my job;

§ take over responsabilities and to establish priorities, respecting deadlines and targets.
I work every day from Monday until Friday. On Saturday and on Sunday I'm always off. It's only an internship. When I finished my master in Hospitality and Hotel Management here in London my manager told me to do a stage inside the Ritz Hotel for 3 months and I'm going to finish it the 4 of February. They don't pay me.
I started as hostess in front of the Rivoli Bar, to work as waitress. After a week I moved in the William Kent House for events and private evenings for special guests and now I'm in the cloakroom (just to improve my English).
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no salary