The Ritz London Employee Reviews

The best
Casual waiter (Former Employee) –  London27 April 2018
Great old fashioned Hotel. High standards, professional staff, very well trained. Extreme attention to details, quality and guest satisfaction. Very busy.
Pros
Best afternoon tea in England
Cons
Grateful experience
Cocktail waitress and hostess at the Rivoli Bar (Current Employee) –  London, ENG13 April 2015
To work at The Ritz for over one year taught me what does it mean to work in a five stars hotel, in terms of standards and behavior, also brought me a big knowledge in terms of drinks but what most helped me is in knowing how to deal with important and extra care guests, with complaints and with any kind of issue, how to keep the calm and find a solution. I learnt how to read the guest.
Great place
Hall Porter/ Receptionist (Former Employee) –  London, ENG23 January 2015
The Ritz is a true institution with rich history. The character of the hotel comes to life with the management and the staff. Staff are recognized for their hard work and are encouraged to provide excellent service to guests. There is a great feeling of pride working at the Ritz.
very demandng.
Self-checker maid (Former Employee) –  London, ENG17 September 2014
nice place, even though its very demanding.Nice cooworkers.
training
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London, ENG26 February 2014
I worked in almost all the F&B departments and mastered traditional silver service. I was dealing with very high profile clients on a daily basis and was studying for my diploma at the same time.
Productive and fun work place
Evening Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  London, ENG29 August 2013
With this job I have learned how important it is to be flexible and make use of my own resources. I have gained the ability to work independently or as team, a sense of discretion around confidential information, prioritization skills and multi-tasking ability.
I gained the ability to:
§ adapt to multicultural environments;
§ handle critical situations;
§ manage and plan my job;
§ take over responsabilities and to establish priorities, respecting deadlines and targets.
productive workplace
Cloakroom (Current Employee) –  London9 January 2013
I work every day from Monday until Friday. On Saturday and on Sunday I'm always off. It's only an internship. When I finished my master in Hospitality and Hotel Management here in London my manager told me to do a stage inside the Ritz Hotel for 3 months and I'm going to finish it the 4 of February. They don't pay me.
I started as hostess in front of the Rivoli Bar, to work as waitress. After a week I moved in the William Kent House for events and private evenings for special guests and now I'm in the cloakroom (just to improve my English).
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no salary