The Richmond Fellowship Scotland Employee Reviews

fun place to work
Support Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Fife16 May 2018
meeting a lot of people. helping others, training i have had so far has been really helpful in my work life. i am a lone worker but my senior is always available on the phone if i need her.
Pros
meeting lovely people
Cons
unsociable hours
Long hours and little help
Support Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Glasgow13 May 2018
Have worked for this company for a few years. It started well with plenty of training. The company was good to work for then things changed. Your shifts got changed at the last minute but no one let you know. So you looked stupid. The management were ok but the seniors let the power go to their heads. Think their forgot what the job was all about. Spent time trying to explain to the client about the money side of it. It should not be about that but about the care.
Pros
Meeting lovely clients and having days away and out with them.
Cons
Long hours and not the support for the managment.
Bad place to work
Support Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow30 April 2018
If you value your mental health steer well clear. If you are in with the management you get the less challenging service users and the early shifts. I have worked here for 2 years and I am desperate to get out.Management treat you like a piece of rubbish if your not with the in crowd.
Pros
Service users
Bad all round
Support Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Highland3 April 2018
I am a former employee and worked in a remote part for nearly 3 years. We were left to our own devices. There was no support from management. We would do sleepovers and if the service user was up all night we were expected to do our shift the following day with no sleep. So it would turn into 24 hrs until the next person showed up. Agency was used but they never or rarely showed up. Little training or background information on service users who had challenging behaviour. I tried to leave the job 3 times. I was offered the world but so many false promises. Promotion went to those who’s face fit. No recognition for those good Support workers. High staff turnover. Morale low. I made a complaint to senior management and was told I was ‘throwing my toys out of the pram’ Stress comes hand in hand with this job. Possibly different for Central belt SP’s where facilities are better with good transport links.
Pros
Service users
Cons
Everything else
Lots of years
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Highland26 February 2018
Typical day at Go to work Saturday possibly still there on monday as no cover and on call won't/can't help.what I learned if there was a union oh they would be so up the creek remember a union fought to get workers right including working time directive which they urge you to opt out off management are mostly company first lot client's and staff second and third respectfully watched great people over looked because they would have argued for the clients.workplace culture mmmmm well that depends on what issues the member of staff may have the hardest part is the stuff they ignore bullying seniors giving they're friends cushy shifts staff being moved around because they are useless and no one wants them last bit enjoyable part watching a client go into a fit laughing as 4 log lorries go past you blowing there horns
Pros
Cons
Training ha well almost
Worst company I ever worked for
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow13 February 2018
As stated, horrendous company. Spent 5 years there.
They only care about ticking boxes and not the individuals that were needing supported. You'd come into work not knowing when you'd get finished cause nothing was organised. Pay was shocking for months, told we'd get a wage rise and it never came for around 9 months. Honestly stay away from them.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, bad pay, no care to staff
What's not to like?
Support Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Rutherglen, Glasgow9 February 2018
I have been employed for nearly 2 years and I am loving my job really don't get the negative reviews. I continue to have great training plan have the opportunity to develop in my role, over the past 6 months I have been key worker and completed my svq2 which TRFS paid for, you do it in your own time but I didn't mind as I got a recognised qualification. Everyone is friendly and always makes time for you, I have received great support from my senior, team manager he always makes a point to ask how you are. I attended training with my area manger just after getting a 6 from our care inspection she was full of praise, it was a great achievement and we all got to celebrate this.
You get what you put in and I feel I continue to get all the benefits tbh supporting people to achieve what they want and being a part of this gives me huge job satisfaction. I lone work but have access to managers 24 hours a day. The shifts took me a while to get used to as first time supporting people, first 2 sleepovers I couldn't sleep but that was just me worried that I wouldn't hear anyone get up in need of support but again just due to new job.
I have made this my career and feel that I will continue to progress with trfs.
Pros
Development, friendly, great job satisfaction, brilliant induction training
Cons
I haven't got any i love my job
good employer
Support Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Glasgow30 January 2018
No opportunities to progress.

There was no senior support at times of difficulties

they do provide an excellent training service

salary needs to be improved, but that is the same within every care sector
Pros
rewarding
Cons
no advancement in career
Not the best of companies
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh24 January 2018
I don’t feel that the management teams are equipped to deal with support worked looking to progress into the next stage which would be managing the teams - again some of them aren’t even equipped to be managing teams
Pros
No benefits
Cons
Long hours, no work life balance, rubbish pay
Busy environment
Support Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Barrhead, East Renfrewshire23 January 2018
Good company to work for. You must be flexible and hard working. Good teamwork with excelent support from team members. flexible work life time. good holiday entitlement
Dreadful company
support practioner (Former Employee) –  Johnstone, Renfrewshire29 December 2017
Having worked in the johnstone service for a few years I learned you are not allowed to have a voice.If you speak up your quickly shut down.They ignore some staff bad work practice but throw the book at the hard working staff.If your face fits your laughing.The standard of staff they are hiring these days is shocking.Any port in a storm springs to mind.They expect staff to use there own phones, car, fuel,if they only put half the care and attention into there staff as they do there polices and procedures they might keep the descent workers.
Pros
the service users
Cons
lots and lots
Will never recommend working here to anyone
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Dumfries and Galloway22 December 2017
Long lonely shifts, don't expect to keep your social life with this lot, if you are contracted they own you!! Poor staff morale equals high turnover.
Pros
Can't think of a single one
Cons
Poor management, low staff morale, very unsocialble hours, if you sign a contract they own your life!
Dreadful organisation. I have nothing good to say about them!
Support Assistant. (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow8 December 2017
An abysmal organisation to work for. Union membership is actively discouraged by management and senior staff. Bullying, intimidation and harassment of staff is commonplace. Care packages are disregarded and supported individuals are treated like commodities. Avoid at all costs if you want to work in social care. Made to work unsociable hours and more weekends than necessary. I worked with them for 9 years. They did me a favour when they sacked me!
Pros
None!
Cons
All of the above!
Shocking company
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Scotland3 December 2017
The first couple of weeks were ok then reality set in, you get called in on your days off, the hours are long and very unsociable, no social life at all., the management are an absolute joke and i dont mean in a humourous way, you get chucked in and left to get on with it , no help with things go wrong, no calls back after leaving numerous messages.staff turnover is a complete joke. If your on a shift and someone phones in sick it's then your responsibility to get that shift covered if you can't your stuck and doing double shift. Oh did i mention the management are a complete joke .....worst company I have ever ever... ever.. worked for and anyone that is thinking about applying for a job here one word for you DON'T !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pros
Nothing ....literally nothing
Cons
Everything and much more...
Poorly Managed Frontline Services
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow1 December 2017
Poorly managed in the service I worked; a lack of communication and coherence, inconsistencies in all areas, quite a cavalier attitude towards the staff - it often felt like it was 'them' and 'us'. The management team were unwilling to take constructive feedback or listen to new ideas - on the occasions where this was offered, they became either dismissive or defensive. Either way, it meant nothing changed.
Giving Team Manager's autonomy makes sense, I understand that, but there seemed to be no accountability and there was a culture of cutting-corners, taking shortcuts and only really trying to get things up to standard when more senior management were visiting.
Pros
Decent hourly rate, friendly colleagues
Cons
Terrible management
Avoid
Midlothian (Former Employee) –  Midlothian19 November 2017
Poorly managed company, no respect for the staff or their work life balance. Bullying culture throughout. No career progression. Training is the only positive.
Pros
Training. Ok pay.
Cons
Poor management. Long hours.
Wouldnt recommend
Support Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Dumfries, Dumfries and Galloway19 September 2017
Poor management, lack of support for staff, staff turn over is ridiculously high and they have started employing anyone and everyone just to make up the numbers. No support what so ever regardless of how much you do for them you are never appreciated. The supported individuals were the only reason I stayed as long! Working with the organization caused me a great deal of stress.
Pros
Got my own locker
Cons
Everything else
Not good at all
Support Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow6 September 2017
I was based in a team in Glasgow. Probably the biggest let down was the management, not friendly at all. When you phoned for some support you were supported unless it suited them, while we supported around 30+ individuals the management were only concerned about 2. The team leader spent most of her time talking about how much she missed her old job too
Pros
The team that you work with
Cons
Management and pay
Busy and interesting
Senior Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow1 September 2017
Every day is a different day
Always learning on the go
Professional and robust training opportunities for all staff
Professional disclosure checks completed on interview
SSSC regulations inplace and registrations applied
Pros
Career development
Cons
Work over seven days
Great fun place to work with great training
Support Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Tain, Highland11 August 2017
Having recently started with TRFS I have to say that the training has be absolutely amazing. I have learnt so much through the classroom based training, eLearning, and time spent in the service getting to know the people who I will be supporting.
Everyone I have met has been really welcoming, and offered loads of support and advice.
The hardest part of the job can be be the paperwork , there is too much.
The best part is seeing the people achieving things , big and small, - who knew making a cup of tea could bring so much enjoyment to someone
Pros
The supported individuals
Cons
Paperwrok

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Richmond Fellowship Scotland. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7