The Richmond Fellowship Scotland Employee Reviews

Terrible employer, bullies
Support Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Midlothian East28 November 2018
Shocking to work for, managment bully you for not just laying down to them. Zero work life balance, rotas are terrible expect to work 70 plus hours one week then 10 the next. Flexible working is never honoured unless your face fits and management like you. Complaints are never taken seriously and dusted under the carpet. Steer well clear of this company.
Pros
Non
Cons
Long hours, bulling managment, no social life
Fablous Company to Work With
Support Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Glasgow16 November 2018
I love working with The Richmond Fellowship Scotland. Been with the company for the last ten years. The management team is friendly and understanding. Working with TRFS is enjoyable and I feel proud to be part of this organisation. Its a rewarding job where I feel I am playing my part in bringing change to people's lives.

In house training is the best asset for TRFS. Everyone starting with the organisation goes through a thorough induction course for the first week.

Like every workplace there are good days and bad days but as a team we get through.

Overall it is a happy place!!! :)
Pros
TRFS Rewards, Good team work
Cons
Salary structure but its the same across all Social Care
Great place to learn
Complex Needs Practitioner - level 2 (Current Employee) –  Penicuik7 November 2018
Fantastic place for anyone wishing to learn in mental health and social care. Very positive atmosphere and everyone is very welcoming/appreciative. Relatively new place but fast changing.
Pros
opportunity for overtime
Cons
bad work life balance due to nature of shifts
Terrible place to wok
Former manager (Former Employee) –  Glasgow24 October 2018
Uncaring and out of touch management. Staff turnover very high and morale very low. Shift work very poor and inflexible. Quality of support very poor compared to most other comparable care providers in Glasgow. Stay well clear of this uncaring and selfish senior management team.
Pros
Actual direct support when you can
Cons
No life and no respect given to staff teams
Rewarding Good job
Good job Rutherglen (Current Employee) –  Glasgow8 October 2018
Love my job very nice staff and management don't have any issues at all with people I have been there 4 months amd always felt valued great job I have worked with adults with Autism bI pola and various disabilities and to make them smile and make a difference to them there families and your self what can be more rewarding very happy to have went in to this job and hope to be there for many years.
Pros
Great learning skills and learning alot about my self in the job
Cons
Pay could be better and hopefully sleepover money will go up in march of 2019
Great work place terrible management !
Support Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Aviemore, Highland4 September 2018
This company had to be the worst company I have ever worked for. The list is endless poor management massive safety issues with risk assessments. They have no interest in the staff the management just please themselves and leave staff wide open to problems. Avoid them at all costs they will sing you a nice little song about how great they are but in reality your just a number !
Pros
The people you work with
Cons
Management and just about everything else the company stand for !
Good Workplace
Support Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Dunfermline6 August 2018
Excellent management and strong communication. Learned excellent time management. Hardest part is not being too emotionally connected with the role at hand.

Service users and colleagues are excellent.
Not the best company to work for.
Support practitioner (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow17 July 2018
Money not great for what they expect from you, no support from above.
They don't explain in interview what the actual job entails.
Can't always get 2 days of together and can work for 9 days to get two off together ie weekend.
You only get 30 minutes for lunch and you can be nowhere near any place to have your lunch.
Pros
Cons
Expect you to work extra hours without notice.
Worst place I have ever worked,
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  kilmarnock4 July 2018
I'm a former employee, I worked within service at Kilmarnock for just over 2 years..

-All staff were left to their own devices with each person we supported.
-No support or advice what so ever from the management, I got the impression 2/3 managers didn't really care.
-Long shifts, I done a dayshift then onto a nightshift (WITHOUT AN OPTION), due to another staff member not showing up & one of my manager's phoned asking I had slept due to she never covered my shift the next morning like she promised, yet I refused to do this and walked out to go home.
-I kicked up numerous times at my "supervision" stating that I DID NOT want to do nightshift and they promised me on numerous times that I would get put back onto dayshift which happened for a couple weeks then back onto nightshift.
-Managers were telling staff to come to them if they have any problems, one of the manager's was understanding and done something about it but the other managers didn't do anything expect drink coffee/laugh and joke in their office or go into the office for couple hours then skived into town.
-No recognition for those support workers who knew their job and how to do it correctly.
-Expecting staff on nightshift to do too much, e.g (Paperwork, supporting people and doing building checks every half hour), which when building checks never got done due to a staff member supporting someone we got questioned, in my opinion the building checks were pointless.
-No enhanced payment for those working unsociable hours.
-We had an "Oncall service", which was good if needed advice during the night when
  more... managers were away, (Not that they gave us much anyway), but if it was a manager from another service they couldn't help as they didn't know the service users etc.  less
Pros
People supported.
Cons
Management, long hours, no recognition.
Constant staff changeover not good for people we support
Support Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Glasgow26 June 2018
If you have mental health issues or medical problems then don’t bother applying! I suffer from extreme anxiety and depression at times and was made to feel like I let everyone down! New staff constantly which puts service users out of sorts, new seniors who like to belittle you, constant sleepovers and expected to go to training straight afterwards for full days training, also if you don’t drive, don’t be surprised if you get hounded for not being able to make training ( even though where you’re working before may be miles away) the only good part about this job is the people you help take care of, they really do make your heart happy, even though it can be very challenging! Also, supposed I have at least 3 weeks notice of rota, but don’t be surprised if you have 1 week rota and not get a new one until the day before it’s due to end. And i’d Double check the rota is correct in the first place! Most of the other support practitioners are amazing people, who are also totally sick of the constant changes, and management!
fun place to work
Support Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Fife16 May 2018
meeting a lot of people. helping others, training i have had so far has been really helpful in my work life. i am a lone worker but my senior is always available on the phone if i need her.
Pros
meeting lovely people
Cons
unsociable hours
Long hours and little help
Support Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Glasgow13 May 2018
Have worked for this company for a few years. It started well with plenty of training. The company was good to work for then things changed. Your shifts got changed at the last minute but no one let you know. So you looked stupid. The management were ok but the seniors let the power go to their heads. Think their forgot what the job was all about. Spent time trying to explain to the client about the money side of it. It should not be about that but about the care.
Pros
Meeting lovely clients and having days away and out with them.
Cons
Long hours and not the support for the managment.
Bad place to work
Support Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow30 April 2018
If you value your mental health steer well clear. If you are in with the management you get the less challenging service users and the early shifts. I have worked here for 2 years and I am desperate to get out.Management treat you like a piece of rubbish if your not with the in crowd.
Pros
Service users
Bad all round
Support Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Highland3 April 2018
I am a former employee and worked in a remote part for nearly 3 years. We were left to our own devices. There was no support from management. We would do sleepovers and if the service user was up all night we were expected to do our shift the following day with no sleep. So it would turn into 24 hrs until the next person showed up. Agency was used but they never or rarely showed up. Little training or background information on service users who had challenging behaviour. I tried to leave the job 3 times. I was offered the world but so many false promises. Promotion went to those who’s face fit. No recognition for those good Support workers. High staff turnover. Morale low. I made a complaint to senior management and was told I was ‘throwing my toys out of the pram’ Stress comes hand in hand with this job. Possibly different for Central belt SP’s where facilities are better with good transport links.
Pros
Service users
Cons
Everything else
Long hours, very rewarding at times
Support Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Glenrothes, Fife25 March 2018
Long hours, often short staff, no enhanced payment for unsociable hours, good training, often limited break times when running short staff.. Low pay for level of responsibility. No overtime enhancement, all hours are paid at same rate, No A/l during festive period. Very demanding job but can be very rewarding when service users achieve goals.
Pros
Never boring!!
Lots of years
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Highland26 February 2018
Typical day at Go to work Saturday possibly still there on monday as no cover and on call won't/can't help.what I learned if there was a union oh they would be so up the creek remember a union fought to get workers right including working time directive which they urge you to opt out off management are mostly company first lot client's and staff second and third respectfully watched great people over looked because they would have argued for the clients.workplace culture mmmmm well that depends on what issues the member of staff may have the hardest part is the stuff they ignore bullying seniors giving they're friends cushy shifts staff being moved around because they are useless and no one wants them last bit enjoyable part watching a client go into a fit laughing as 4 log lorries go past you blowing there horns
Pros
Cons
Training ha well almost
Worst company I ever worked for
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow13 February 2018
As stated, horrendous company. Spent 5 years there.
They only care about ticking boxes and not the individuals that were needing supported. You'd come into work not knowing when you'd get finished cause nothing was organised. Pay was shocking for months, told we'd get a wage rise and it never came for around 9 months. Honestly stay away from them.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, bad pay, no care to staff
What's not to like?
Support Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Rutherglen, Glasgow9 February 2018
I have been employed for nearly 2 years and I am loving my job really don't get the negative reviews. I continue to have great training plan have the opportunity to develop in my role, over the past 6 months I have been key worker and completed my svq2 which TRFS paid for, you do it in your own time but I didn't mind as I got a recognised qualification. Everyone is friendly and always makes time for you, I have received great support from my senior, team manager he always makes a point to ask how you are. I attended training with my area manger just after getting a 6 from our care inspection she was full of praise, it was a great achievement and we all got to celebrate this.
You get what you put in and I feel I continue to get all the benefits tbh supporting people to achieve what they want and being a part of this gives me huge job satisfaction. I lone work but have access to managers 24 hours a day. The shifts took me a while to get used to as first time supporting people, first 2 sleepovers I couldn't sleep but that was just me worried that I wouldn't hear anyone get up in need of support but again just due to new job.
I have made this my career and feel that I will continue to progress with trfs.
Pros
Development, friendly, great job satisfaction, brilliant induction training
Cons
I haven't got any i love my job
good employer
Support Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Glasgow30 January 2018
No opportunities to progress.

There was no senior support at times of difficulties

they do provide an excellent training service

salary needs to be improved, but that is the same within every care sector
Pros
rewarding
Cons
no advancement in career
Not the best of companies
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh24 January 2018
I don’t feel that the management teams are equipped to deal with support worked looking to progress into the next stage which would be managing the teams - again some of them aren’t even equipped to be managing teams
Pros
No benefits
Cons
Long hours, no work life balance, rubbish pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Richmond Fellowship Scotland. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7