The Range

The Range Employee Reviews

United Kingdom1,170 reviews
Found 1,170 reviews matching the search
good work place
could have been better. eg
managment to respect there collegues

management not to be so hard on working single mums and try to force them to put the job before there children.

makesure everyone actually has manners and walks around with a smile on there face.

and most managment not to act like there above everyone else and talk about them call them names. think they need more resepct for there worke collegues and less direspect.
Awful, avoid at all costs
Whole place is a joke, the owner is a narcissistic man, the managers they employ are morons, generally unless you're absolutely desperate, avoid at all costs.

Pay delays are common, sudden changes to shift times with no warning, there's a culture of 'health and safety don't matter, just get the job done'.
Double standards
I've been there for about a month now, I've received little to no training to effectively do my job and I'm always relying on the supervisors or management to help me through certain processes but they're all too busy gossiping away half of the time, or trying to bleed customers dry with pushy sales techniques! One person will tell you how to do something one way, the next person tells you off, can't win.
staff not valued by head office
The staff are not paid enough for the work they have to do, during the corona pandemic, they were not provided with protective equipment such as masks and the company hasn’t taken social distancing seriously and are putting their employees at serious risk. However the management at my previous workplace were lovely and it is higher up that isn’t valuing their staff not the individual store managers. The pay is minimum wage however employees are often made to work on a whole department on their own even on busy weekends.
Stressful
Can be very stressful at times, as any job can be, but I prefer to have the support you may need at times, which this job does not have. However some parts of the job are good, I liked the part of the shop I worked on.
Its work and has to be done and love the people I work with
I manage the delivery , make sure goods in and out are documented, keep warehouse free from obstructions whilst keeping within the health and safety guidelines ,documenting goods delivered using the goods scanning gun demiced items on excel, rotating goods in order of need, perform on shop floor duties as needed, supervising staff on implementation of duties roles , dispensing of goods to the designated departments , supervise signing in and out of goods using mark 2 processes,tracking delivery of goods and items , ordering of goods , clearing all card boxes, rubber, polystyrene and rubbish for binding and recycling,recycling of damaged glass items.
Llanelli store
Awful place to work. Left early last year best thing I ever did. The warehouse ‘supervisor‘ needs a lesson on how you speak to people there has been numerous complaints but never nothing done about him. Store manger obviously has personality disorder and bipolar. Calls meeting after meeting and shouts at the staff like they are school children. The whole company expect blood from you! Avoid at all costs!
Pros
Cons
Long hours. Minimum wage
Productive place to work
Much to do in the store. Time management and keep on top of your work load and help other department if required. Happy efficient company to work for. Room to progress if required. Store transfer is an option if you relocate somewhere else. Management are friendly and approachable. Never a quite time in the store, there is always something to keep you busy.
Not worth the side affects
Management are complete bullies. Everything is always your fault and there's nothing you can do to change that. No protection for staff against rude customers. Other staff members were incredibly rude and management did nothing to help. The (very poor) pay is not worth the decrease in your mental health. Multiple times I went home crying due to the negative environment caused by workers and management. Quitting was the best decision I ever made while working there.
Terrible place to work
Awful place to work. Toilets were blocked and makes the whole store smell of poo. Told to ignore it!! The Store manager has his wife and girlfriend working there... very uncomfortable. Massive bullying culture that the SM chooses to ignore completely. Speaking up for yourself is frowned upon and those that ‘dare’ to do not last long. Made to do overtime... or should I say bullied into doing overtime! Avoid at all costs
Draining
The Newport store is the worst place I have ever worked. There is no team effort. None of the staff want to work. There is no loyalty between staff. The manager could not manage and had zero people skills. The staff are always moaning, the whole store is like working under a cloud of negativity.
Whole range of emotions
Frustrating at times as they just tell you what to do, when you already know what to do and say it out loud, in front of customers. Did not really learn anything ,except being informed how much the store took that day and that really made your minimum wage look really good.... of your a few minutes late they dock your pay ,but at the end of eveningcshifts they don't even let you out until maybe ten minutes after your finishingctimes. Moan about it and nobody supports you.
Got laid off not f urloughed. So many thanks for that.
Poor working environment
You not treated fairly.
management hide away from work and are always on their phone - defiantly not acually working.

Lot of gossip and backstabbing

Wouldn't recommend
management always on your back
a lot of work for little pay and don't get proper rest between shifts staff not trained proper and management don't do any work at all just stand around talking all day
Pros
Cons
long hours and not enough rest between shifts
Fun workplace and productive
My placement year for me has given me a true insight into what a business women would face in their everyday life. I can honestly say my placement threw me into the deep end, in which has grown my confidence and given me a chance to display and broaden my business acumen. It has made me face every challenge I do from forecasting sales, to sourcing new products with determination and self belief.
Fast paced
The only thing this company is interested in is making the money. Little training. Expect to learn as you go along. Little to zero support from head office. No climbing up the ladder the position you start with will be the position you stay in. The only way to sum up working for the the Range is Not enough staff, Underpaid and Overworked!
Coronavirus Situation - Staff are put at risk no form of protective mesaures supplied to staff apart from floor markings that customers ignore. Worst company ever!
Recomend this company
If you have good mamagment your onto a winner at this company
Its all about team work

You have be commited if you want a job in retail

Its fast pace you have to be flexible however if request a day off you can arrange with a college n supervisor to change the rota in advance its all aboyt team work
Fast paced and stressful
If you enjoy being stressed and meeting orders within a time limited timeframe then it is the job for you. You work very much on your own and there are limited opportunities to get to know your work colleagues and limited social contact.
Worst place I’ve ever worked
The staff are a group of overgrown, lazy, two faced children, and will have it out for you, while they sit in the warehouse chatting and on their phones.
Pros
Cons
Pay, staff, state of the store.
The range has a lot of opportunities
Work and the at the range can be a challenge at time with have to deal with a lot of customers. But if your hard work and you want to move up the ladder there are a lot of opportunity to do so .
Only apply if you’re desperate
Very poorly run company with incompetent management who are only concerned about making as much money as possible for themselves, with little regards for the people who actually do the hard work.