The Range Employee Reviews

productive
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Bristol19 June 2018
hard work under paid , tell you can progress but never materialises, have to go through three check points just to get out the building which can take up to 30 minutes.
Purely sole-crushing!!
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Surrey Quays12 June 2018
I had worked there for a year & a half, and have to say it was one of the WORST jobs I've ever had. It started out just being unorganised with little training given, however didn't want to quit and end up at the Job centre so I stuck out, but the last few months become unbearable.

Work, work and MORE WORK, regular retail duties, jumping on tills during shift, tidying up during and end of shift after lazy, rude customers ruining the place.

The only positives were the retail team I worked with and being paid at the end of the month. Unless you are TRULY, TRULY desperate to work or come of benefits, AVOID!!!
Pros
A good team of friendly retail staff, being paid at the end of the month
Cons
Everything else!
Good time spent being into the retail sector
Retail assistant for Customer Services (Former Employee) –  Swindon6 June 2018
A normal day at work would usually be either 4 hours or 6 hours, firstly employed on part time basis, later was given extra hours when the store got busy during the seasons like Christmas, summer etc.

Working with people of different nationalities under one roof lets you mix around with all and make the most of it.
Ok if you want retail experience
Shop Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridgwater, Somerset5 June 2018
I started off really enjoying working for this company although noticed instantly staff don’t talk to you not very welcoming there’s not really much as a training program most of the time I had to ask how to do something or was left wondering how I do it the management are very poor the floor managers have their favourites the supervisors bark orders and do little work themselves and spend most of the time critisising about their team not doing this and that not professional in any way at all the staff are expected to work miricals when understaffed never any positive praise for work well done but quick to criticise when something’s not done or to a standard pay is low no Christmas bonus nothing the company is very poor no respect of staff at all !!!
Pros
Retail experience
Cons
Long hours physical work can be tiring working bank holidays
Fun place to work
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maidstone4 June 2018
Employees are easy and fun to get on with. Everything is easy to find. Customers are really friendly and very polite. Sells pretty much everything you will need
Pros
increasing your communication skills.
Cons
Customers can be rude.
boring and repetitive
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grays, Essex3 June 2018
Would be expected to role into work mainly working on the shop floor where I would have to constantly face up products on shelves for hours as well as provide good customer service for particularly odd cuustomer , I didn't enjoy working their at all especially because of the very low pay rate. The management generally was ok most of the time but however, there was one manger who was very strict and a bit harsh on a few workers there
productive
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Bromborough31 May 2018
good employer work was consistent, learned to liaise with customers and problem solving, would of liked more training on the till cash handling would be beneficial to myself
Pros
local
Cons
not much variety
The Range
Cashier/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Southend-on-Sea, Essex25 May 2018
It was a good place to work, great staff and learnt a great deal working there.

I enjoyed my time but left due to university starting in Derbyshire.
Pros
good hours, good pay
Cons
n/a
staff really freindly
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Maidstone, Kent24 May 2018
loved the job and the staff got on with them all was only there a short time tho due to leaving there as was making me unwell because of the heat as there was no air conditioning
Pros
as above freindly staff
Cons
no air con
Energetic and good vibes thrown around
Full time warehouse operator (Former Employee) –  Weston-super-Mare, Somerset24 May 2018
Again poor management on behalf of the warehouse manager due to severe lack of training and enthusiasm any time hard work came he disappeared. The rest of the warehouse team were a happy down to earth bunch of lads.
Pros
Strictly just warehouse work
Cons
Not much of a well balanced work/social life
very productive
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Torquay21 May 2018
the range is great place to work with just because of the people you work with. the only way you can get through the day is with the people you work with because everything else about it is terrible on my opinion.
Pros
discount
Cons
pay and breaks
friendly people
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Devon21 May 2018
nice place to work. i enjoyed my time working there.
didnt like the late finishes or working bank holidays, they made me feel welcome. always extra hours if you needed them
Pros
discount
Busy and productive workplace
Role - Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Andover, Hampshire18 May 2018
A normal day would consist of accepting numerous deliveries, checking them in processing goods in paperwork, liasing with customers and suppliers to ensure timely deliveries and replenishment. Ending with the warehouse closedown, sweep and tidy.
Pros
Busy fun environment
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Clacton-on-Sea13 May 2018
It helped me with getting experience in retail which i did not have beforehand. What i learnt while working in the range i see how they stock up the storage and put it out on the shelf, also pricing up the items.
Pros
Getting New Experience
Cons
Long Hours
Good job can’t support me financially
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Swansea, Swansea9 May 2018
The Range has given me a great insight to what working life is all about and I can’t thank them enough for what they have done for me but going forward I need a job that can financially support me
Pros
Friendly staff, great start job for a young person
Cons
Short staff
Unorganised workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire7 May 2018
It is completely unorganised especially from managers where they just don’t care, no training so you have to teach yourself everything no matter what. You basically learn from your co workers. On most weeks I got less than my contracted hours!
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Unorganised
It depends on the people around you.
Retail Assistant - Arts and Crafts Dep (Former Employee) –  Worthing, West Sussex26 April 2018
Lots of pressure and not a lot of support. This job will depend on the people around you, i worked with some lovely people who were likeminded and i got along with.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Lack of support.
Fun people to work with
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Hull10 April 2018
Typical day at the range is never the same. It can be busyor quieter but it is always enjoyable. Staff are friendly and easy to work with. Management are nice and help when needed.
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Colchester1 April 2018
had a good time working at the Range, enjoyed the staff and also customers. I loved the variety in my role,
A typical day would include team meeting or a basic briefing, working to help customers find the products they were looking for, stock and also some visual merchandising. It would also include working on the tills, cash management and then cleaning.
Great workplace
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Bristol30 March 2018
Great workplace fun and helpful people. Hardest thing about it is you’re always in your feet walking around. Not much time off like working on bank holidays