The Range Employee Reviews

Horrid experience
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aintree, Merseyside15 January 2018
I worked in The Range, in Aintree Retail Park, and honestly it was the worst experience of my life. Being one of the youngest members of staff I was easily targeted by older co-workers and management. Meaning, most of the staff liked to mess you about and tell you to do this that and the other. It was my first proper job and I was so disappointed how it turned out. The managers there were useless! God forbid you ever went to them with a complaint because nothing ever got done about it. They say they 'care' about all of their staff, but that was a lie, they care about the ones whom they pick and chose, mainly staff over the age of 25. Even some co-workers, tried to be above everybody else and had no respect at all. Managers always complained about their jobs that never got done and would always dump them onto their younger staff to save doing it themselves. The boss done nothing but sit in their office all day and never took the time of day to wonder how their staff were doing. To be honest it was just the most appalling time.
Pros
nothing
productive
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pitsea15 January 2018
I do about 4 to 6 hours shift on weekends I would serve people or do stock take or put stock out.
the other employees are very friendly and easy to talk to.
good workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Aintree15 January 2018
At The Range, a typical day would include working behind a till, being on my feet all day, keeping the shop floor and my work space neat and tidy. I did learn how to interact with customers in a proper manor, how to operate a till and handle cash. Management were okay. I think the hardest part of my job was trying to get management to deal with problems, other than that I found the job role fairly easy to pick up. The most enjoyable part of the job, to me, was being moved to other departments throughout the store, not just sticking to tills.
Pros
Some friendly members of staff
Cons
travelling to and from work
Workplace
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kings Lynn13 January 2018
Enjoy the work, like that you are told what to do and left to get on with it.
Love that can interact with customers
I am usually replenishing stock and when need go on the tills which I really enjoy.
Pros
4hr shifts
Cons
not enough money
honestly the worst job i've had
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Torquay, Devon11 January 2018
I only worked here for a couple of months, but it was honestly the worst time of my life.
There's absolutely no communication between the management and the employees, it really seemed as if they didn't care about their staff at all.
When you start you get basically no training and are just expected to know how to do everything yourself.
I was one of the younger staff working there at the time, and the way we were treated by older members of staff was actually disgusting. But, complaining about the terrible treatment got you nowhere because the management clearly favoured staff members who had been there longer.
I really don't recommend working for the range at all, even if it seems like your last option.
Excellent place of employment
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  The Range Corby11 January 2018
I enjoyed working at The Range. I worked well with my colleagues. I was given the opportunity use my own initiative and excel in my role. The management team were fair and understanding and gave clear instruction of what was expected of me.
Productive and fun workplace.
Seasonal department / Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Preston11 January 2018
A very busy shop with lots of work to do...
The staff at the range are very helpful and friendly, and I very much enjoyed working there, the managers are great people and get stuck in with the staff to lend a helping hand.
At times it can be tough physically but that's the kind of work I like.
Pros
Great staff, friendly, helpful.
Cons
Could do with extra personnel in the warehouse.
miserable
customer advisor (Former Employee) –  Rugby, Warwickshire8 January 2018
bad people with a bad environment
manager was not very understanding and always on your case even when exceeding your daily targets
was not a very nice place to work
Pros
non
Cons
everything
treated badly
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bournemouth, Dorset4 January 2018
Gran died and had to take days off unpaid for bereavement. Managers extremely rude and very unsympathetic. Extremely low pay. Only got staff discount after 13 weeks which is 25% and cant get discount on most items ie food.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, discount very limited, managers rude, low pay
Slave driving
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Thorne, South Yorkshire4 January 2018
From day 1 at the range I never felt comfortable and I never felt they saw me as an employee, more as just a number, doesn't taking personal situations into account and expects workers to be robots.
Pros
Set shifts
Cons
Pay, management, workload

Want to know more about The Range?

Ask a question
disorganised
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pitsea1 January 2018
the whole shop is disoranigesed the management only care about what they want they have no people skills and are very arrogant people they make you feel like not wanting to work there but the staff are a very happy bunch of people and make the day go quicker
Management Needs To Appreciate Their Staff More
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kilmarnock27 December 2017
All managers have different rules and ideas so you can get into trouble for following your own manager's daily instructions. Very lackadaisical store standards, often leaving preparations for store visits from the CEO to the very last minute, resulting in unnecessary stress and panic among staff. When issues brought to management's attentions, whether it be poor standards or health and safety issues caused by other staff, often told to "just sort it out" rather than take any action or even speak to the guilty staff to allow them to realise their mistakes and progress from there. Never any appreciate for a job well done - the more you do, the more they expect. Colleagues were fantastic but very demoralized as a result of the poor management. Only two managers strived to do their best on a daily basis.
Pros
25% discount upon passing probation period.
Cons
Expected to do sudden nightshifts, excessive overtime, left to do management's duties.
A pleasant company to work for.
Retail Assistant (Work Experience) (Former Employee) –  Barnsley19 December 2017
I enjoyed working for The Range where I was working alongside a very good workforce and great Management. I learned may things along the way to carry out my job role as efficiently and reliably as possible.
Pros
Meeting customers face-to-face.
Cons
Can be fun but also very stressful, feel as though i am sort of over used and not thanked but that all part of a job at the end of the day.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Swindon13 December 2017
Fun place to work but can feel like a lot of pressure is put on me and at 17 years of age and only being paid £4.11 an hour is a bit downgrading as though i am not good enough. Busy, fast paced environment to work in and never bored as always have something to do.
Pros
Friendly workers, 1 minute away from burger king, people are understanding.
Cons
Too much work and not enough overtime, rubbish pay, too many pushovers.
Do not work for theses
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Blackburn10 December 2017
After working for them for 3 years I did not receive a wage, no did i learn anything

Management is unbelievable no communication, work culture you never get chance to spend time with family so if you have children i advise you not to apply for this job

The hardest part of the Job is working the coffee machine on busy hours as you had to measure all drinks ect

The most enjoyable thing working there was meeting and greeting guests
Pros
Free lunches/ 1 brew
Cons
No communication/ never received wage
Good work place
Retail Assistant (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk9 December 2017
A good job to go into, you gain skills in communication with people and solving problems on a daily basis.
Enjoyed working with the people there.
You deal with hard customers
Meet regular customers
Make new friends
Can be under appreciated
Pros
Gained experiance
Cons
Long hours, unappreciated at times
Not bad
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Doncaster6 December 2017
Not bad place to work easy to got, and good shift patens, most of the management are very good at their job and can be very helpful and understanding with problems that you may have.
Shocking stay well away
ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  SOUTH COAST4 December 2017
poor company to work for stay well away they haven't got a clue how to run a business , CEO SHOCKING, bullying from head office , store managers not got a clue, regional managers demoted store manager stays in the office all day
Pros
Cons
Shocking
terrible
Warehouse operative (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury, Shropshire4 December 2017
we were run on bare bones and treated like slaves, management were self serving and didnt listen to employees, we were just a number, too much about margins
ok place to work
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Weston-super-Mare4 December 2017
wouldnt work there again they take u for a mug make u work out in the rain in the warehouse on shop floor and go in when a family member has died and u dont get no thanks wen u do go in
Pros
nothing