The Princess Alexandra Hospital NHS Trust

The Princess Alexandra Hospital NHS Trust Employee Reviews

United Kingdom33 reviews
It was a good place to work.But they used to send for floating alot around in different departments where i have never worked and there had been days where i was the only experienced staff among others , which became too challenging and i felt as if my PIN is being compromised despite of the fact that i am giving my best.
Pros
Good place to work.
Cons
Travelling was an issue, low staff
I loved working at the pah
Great team great management

Happy to progress your career plenty

Of opportunities working shifts to suit you training is fantastic
Pros
Caring and dynamic
Cons
No care for staff not valued no progression. Work hard while your seniors sit all day on what's app. Poor care bullying culture throughout hospital.ignored by seniors , and higher.
Dont get I'll as frowned upon and punished for it. Discriminatory culture
Pros
Getting paid
Cons
Bullying
The Clinical Administration department provides the audio transcription of Consultant letters and the Medical Secretarial support. As a team they work incredibly hard to deliver an efficient service for patients and Consultants in often stressful and demanding situations. The success of the department is entirely due to the dedicated staff and the team spirit who support one another in this demanding environment.
However the Manager is wholly unsupportive of the team, leads by fear and bullying and has created an unhealthy environment where staff feel undervalued and unappreciated for all their hard work. Staffing is being reduced but pressure to maintain targets and deadlines is burdened on remaining team members. staff morale is low with an oppressive environment entirely created by the Manager. Her poor performance at staff welfare and wellbeing should be seriously assessed and monitored as she is a poor advocate for Princess Alexandra Hospitals values and detrimental to all the people past, present and future who work in this department.
I joined PAH in January 2019 in HR. Since working here I have been welcomed warmly, built great relationships with the team and wards and have been given the training needed to perform my job well. There are great opportunities for progression and new ideas are always welcomed and listened to.
Pros
Flexible hours
Good opportunity to learn end to end cycle of your job, as one person will be doing all the work in the place of two people. No work life balance, work flexibility one laptop for 10 staffs, no update IT systems, no work from home option. No stationery or proper desk provided for the employee, employees need to bring their own stationery to do the work. Information from the HR is misleading about the work.
Pros
Opportunity to learn
Cons
No work flexibility and no appropriate resource to complete the work
This was my first job in the UK, the hospital is a very busy general hospital. It was a good leaning ground leading on to my GP training program. Stressful but rewarding.
From the 1st day I was there they didnt seem to have a clear sense of direction and the department seemed messy.
I was given vague work to do which in the end had not been approved in the budget.
very badly managed, low pay as a locum, no technician support on the ward, was doing all the ordering and covering 8 wards in the afternoon doing tots
Pros
not sure
Cons
low hourly rate
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at The Princess Alexandra Hospital NHS Trust?
This is a good job long g tiring hours bit rewarding at the same time it's fast pace within the hospital end ironing and also not for the weak hearted
Pros
Pension
Cons
Long tiring hours
Start 7.30am, could be floating amongst wards, where employees who have worked there for years have their own ward. Learnt importance of cleanliness/spread of infections. Not able to get to know people due to floating wards. Management not approachable. Hardest part of job, working around doctors and nurses who just let things drop on the floor, forever picking up after them.. Enjoyable part, helping the patients and ensuring their area is kept to a high standard of cleanliness
Pros
good pension
Cons
no flexibility
I loved working in Occupational Health at PAH.
Great team, made me feel a part of them, I felt happy, boosted my confidence. Had a lot of work to do, great social life within the team also.
Pros
Great Team
High and Low dusting, hoovering, damp dusting.
I learnt how important hi spec cleaning was in a highly sensitive and populated building.

the work place is multicultured with everyone working together as a team.

for me there was no hard part of the job.

the most enjoyable part of the job was working with others and also communicating with patients and visitors
Pros
subsidised lunches
Cons
no cons
horrible you would be scrutinised and penalised for every move and choice you would make, this job pushed me away thanks to a certain senior lady who made you feel like you lost your marbles.
very dissapointed
I work with the Cost Improvement Programme to support the Healthcare group to achieve the saving target agreed and to do this changes need to happen and services are reviewed to identify areas for improvement. When the analysis is done, discussed with teams and changes/improvements agreed then project plans and continuous support is provided to complete milestones/tasks to achieve changes planned; along this a continuous analysis is provided to measure improvement (PDSA) to embed and sustain changes to reduce costs and improve productivity.

The Princess Alexandra Hospital has an open culture where ideas are listened and opportunities given to implement those ideas that are demonstrated to make a difference. Learning is part of the process and support is given to try new ways of working, which is the only way to know what works and get the new results we want to achieve.

I enjoy everything I do, I take any challenge I am given or I identified and I work till the job is completed.

NHS is going through a difficult financial position but this makes staff smarter and stronger in the way they work, who is passionate about getting things done has infinite opportunities to make the difference.

I love my job but I am about to retire and looking for part time opportunities to keep providing my experience and enthusiasm in supporting organisations to achieve their goals.
Pros
Continuous learning
Cons
Distance to travel to work
Worked for only a few months producing a video - Staff were friendly and helped us nicely - However, they could sometimes not reply fast enough and not get in contact for weeks although we were creating a video for them - Therefore it is understandable.
Pros
Free Lunch
being criticised about every judgement you make and being belittled, worst place to work
if you want to be depressed than work here.

how they treat locum staff is disgusting
My experience at Princess Alexandra Hospital enabled me to learn a lot about the interactions in a medical environment and how a team of medics cooperates.
I was able to hone my skills and knowledge while working here. Every member of staff was oriented well with work environment. Team work was very well observed and practiced in the ward.
It was a long time ago I worked here but I know that the nursing staff were and still are committed to making every patients care the best they can, I loved this job
Pros
Helping people
Cons
Money
I have been an agency worker here for over 2 years now. The team is great but management not so.

The hospital is in dept so funding is scares. The increasing patient numbers vs the falling staffing numbers puts great pressure on everyone.
Pros
great colleagues
Cons
Commute