The Perfume Shop Employee Reviews

Awful
Supervisor role (Former Employee) –  South Yorkshire2 October 2019
Probably the worst role I've ever had after working in retail for 18 years, boring with lack of jobs to carry out, no staff, incompetent manager first time manager so they are constantly on a power trip, training little to non existent but expected to know everything, hours changed at drop of a hat with little to no notification
Avoid at all cost
Pros
Fantastic customers
Cons
Manager
Poor
Sales Advisor (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Stratford21 September 2019
Can’t say much the company was okay at the time, well wasn’t okay really poor they really didn’t rest staff well and over reacted when things went slightly wrong
N/a
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow21 August 2019
Was with the company for 12 years. Amazing to start with but the pressure on staff was to much. There was never enough money going in the till. Didn't Matter how much it was never enough.
Fun place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Colchester, Essex9 August 2019
A good place to start within retail. I used this as a job whilst I was at college, always hours available and good pay. If you achieved your targets then you would be given amazing prizes.
Pros
Lots of good prizes
Cons
Shop lifters
Great place
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bristol27 July 2019
Great place to work; family-like relationship. Great pay; amazing incentives. Supportive company with future development. Would recommend for future applicants.
No job security
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow22 July 2019
I have enjoyed my time at The Perfume shop but it is time for a change. There is no job security and any time the company loose some money they try gain it but letting staff go.
Interesting and fun
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Barnsley17 July 2019
Working for the perfume shop was exciting as it was something different everyday interacting with customers.You receive so much knowledge about the products and training to incorporate within sales.I loved how it was a personal service for customers to ensure they found the perfect product!
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Long hours over Christmas eve
It was okay
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire13 July 2019
I was only a Christmas temp and it’s very busy at Christmas time but I enjoyed it towards the end but then had a horrible experience
Pros
discount
Cons
Long hours, no break or short break
normal retail job
sales (Former Employee) –  Stratford, Greater London7 July 2019
i learned things i didnt know about perfume
but it would not be a job i would consider as long term
the job its self is very boring and not enough social actives with staff
Expect to know everything fast
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Aylesbury30 June 2019
I worked here as a supervisor while the manager was away for a few months and had very limited support or help. I was very upset all round working here. I was only allowed a day off if they could cover me from another store, therefore having to work over 2 weeks at times. I was promised more support and help with everything having to do the managers role and being paid as a supervisor but it took months of me being there and 3 separate meetings with my area manager for something to actually be done. Some of the sales assistants made my time a lot more difficult than it needed to be as well and didn’t seem like they new what they were doing half the time. I had worked in other stores as cover and trading and did have better experiences in them stores. But overall I do not recommend it at all, very unorganised and unprofessional.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Being sick and not being able to leave, unorganisation, untrained staff, bad communication
good for a first job
Multi- Property Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Reading26 June 2019
good compnay for a first time job, however internal jobs are difficult to get such as head office jobs. Get some really lovely cutomers though

hard industry to be in
Pros
discount
Cons
can be long hours
Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Romford25 June 2019
Fairly enjoyable. Staff were friendly and helpful. Most shifts went by quickly. Learned how to sell products quickly and efficiently, up sale and close a deal quickly.
Loved it
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Exeter24 June 2019
The staff are so welcoming, lovely and friendly. The two managers are legends and I always enjoyed coming into work. The only doe said was the pay but I’d rather enjoy the job, which I did, than hate it and the pay be better.
Pros
Lovely staff
Cons
Pay
Bad management
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff23 June 2019
Managers would expect you to put the shop first before your life. Team was lovely and made some lifelong friends however, managers are inconsiderate and do whatever benefits them
Pros
Incentives and opportunities to win perfume
Cons
Pretty much everything else
A very good compant to work for
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Merry Hill19 June 2019
a friendly staff
professional team, a clean work place and a clean job my favourite part was the perfume . coming home everyday smelling amazing . was a treat of a job
Could’ve been better
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Croydon14 June 2019
I liked working here but personally the management could’ve been better. Friendships had obviously been established before my working there but it created a separation and bias towards other co-workers. Regardless of how bad a worker you are, if you’re best friends with the manager you could get away with anything and it made me feel horrible. I’d get disciplined for things other colleagues would do and there was clearly hate towards me. I was spoken about to other colleagues but directly to my face. I’m glad I left because I would’ve been unprofessional and argued with this particular individual. Working with my friend made it worth whilst because she kept me sane. Moderate pace workplace so it’s manageable and you meet some great customers.
Pros
Competitions to win free perfumes, flexible in hours
Cons
low pay rate, back two faced employees
Terrible employers
Sales assistant (Current Employee) –  Glasgow2 June 2019
They hold you back, fired all deputies and gave rest of staff a raise from the save salaries. Created new job titles to pass it off. Keep incompetent people at the top and don’t reward the hard working staff. Pay terrible, don’t motivate you, rubbish bonus scheme and get blamed for uncontrollable circumstances.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Low pay, incompetent managers, idiot CEO/Directors
amazing place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Livingston29 May 2019
I loved loved loveddd working there! you get 20% discount and you get to small amazing 24/7. Gets quite busy during festive times but its worth it. Amazing company to work for!
Pros
smell amazing all the time
Cons
Have to stand all day so you get sore feet and the uniforms terrible
Wouldn’t bother
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sheffield29 April 2019
Can be a fun place to work at Christmas, other than that the shop is usually empty and gets boring, with not many jobs to do. Lack of hours for the amount of staff members, breaks were short and unpaid, a lot of thefts so be prepared for dealing with thugs. If you work less hours or need to do this for studying or caring for example, you will be made to feel awkward or left out. Some of the staff members aren’t very professional when talking about other staff members who aren’t on shift which can get awkward and gossipy. Overall not the best place to work; you gain experience in retail, I would recommend this as a temporary job if all you’re looking for is experience!

20% off everything including discounted stock is probably the only bonus.
Pros
20% off and some of the staff were amazing
Cons
Cliques/favouritism within management, lack of hours, lack of physical training (all done online and expected to know everything practically), professionalism of HR, lack of incentives
Christmas Temp
christmas temp (Former Employee) –  Birmingham17 April 2019
Being a Christmas temp, I didn't get much of an accurate feel for the company, only worked there for a little over 2 months. From what i did experience I discovered that the Area manager and your line manager are very involved in helping to sell and improve your skills and interactions with customer.
Pros
1 Hour Lunches
Cons
Pay isn't great

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Perfume Shop. Our community is ready to answer.