The Perfume Shop

The Perfume Shop Employee Reviews

United Kingdom278 reviews
Highly recommend, one of the best jobs I’ve ever had, the staff were lovley, the customers were the best it was also very easy too learn once you got the hang of it, it was very simple.
Pros
Staff discount, decent lunch breaks, friendly staff
Cons
Early mornings
Always on your feet doing something, keeping store well-stocked or selling to customers. Can feel very stressful and hectic but good support from management when learning.
Pros
discounted perfume for staff
Cons
rude customers, stressful
A lot put on you especially during the busier time’s of the year , no incentives , contradicting management some staff no idea why they came , usually late miserable and lazy , and speak to customers with no enthusiasm whatsoever shame really shame really cause it could have been a great place to work
I have a great time with the company,For me was very easy because I speak English fluently.
The management on this place was very handy and nice they was explained all the time making sure that all the employers understand exactly what they have to do.

Was a new experience for me
Probably the best places I’ve worked! The best people you get to work with as you spend a lot of time with them as you always get more hours than what you are contracted. The days tend to go quick depending on where your shop is based as there is always something to do and people to serve. I’ve learnt a lot in the years I have worked for the company and most of all I’ve gained confidence. Management is great, do your job well and they will treat you well. The hardest part of the job is probably the rush at peak times such as Christmas but it gives you a rush because you are providing a service to customers and making them happy. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people - staff and customers. If they are happy it makes you happy.
Great company, cares about their employees with excellent benefits. Reasonable working hours, shift patterns, great staff and attracts great customers
I really enjoyed working here. The other staff were very friendly and made me feel welcome and part of the team. There were plenty of tasks to complete too so i was not just stood doing nothing.
Love my job, been here for a year on and off as started as Xmas temp and was re offered a job some time after my contract ended. The staff are friendly and we fully embrace teamwork.. Whatever end of the scale employed as. Very fair management, they look after you. Love when it's busy and really enjoy getting to know my customers to get their fragrance on point.
Perfume shop is a very good company to work with, good salary and perk. Management team is very easy to talk too and they look after their staff. They give bonus fairly.
When I first started in The Perfume Shop I found it difficult to adjust for the first week as I was getting used to the layout of the store and getting to know the other employees. As more time passed I found myself enjoying the job more as there was always something to do during the first couple of months and I am not one that enjoys a slow paced job.
Within the first couple of weeks I was asked to do a cover shift in our Swansea store which for the first time was quite difficult as I had never met anyone from that store, nor had I visited the store itself so it had a completely different layout than my usual Llanelli store, however the more cover shifts I did there, the more I enjoyed myself and looked forward to those shifts.

My current favourite time whilst working there was the Christmas period as every shift was always busy and was non-stop serving customers and meeting their needs.

The hardest part of the job was having to do tasks I had never been shown how to do, however my supervisor and other colleagues would help me in those situations. What also helped during those situations was how understanding the customers were about the fact that I was new and still learning.

Since my employment there I have learnt more about how important customer service is.
Good perks and discount. A lot of pressure these days to deliver targets.
A lot of different things the company want you to track. Conversion, signing up customers to a loyalty card.
i leant patience from this workplace because of how stressful some days were, and some of the indecisive customers. i enjoyed my time there and would want to work here again if i ever needed to.
I love working for the perfume shop everyone is very friendly and polite. I have loved meeting new people and learning new skills and about fragrance. Be yourself.
Pros
20 percent discount
Cons
no cons
It’s a good job but the company has cut everyone’s hrs, it’s a good place to work everyone works as a team and are friendly and help each other obtain targets
Pros
Not far till travel, everyone is friendly and work as a team
Cons
The cutting back the hours
Overall a nice place to work, the sales team and team leaders are the best thing about the job. Unfortunately the store manager I worked with made the place unbearable. She spent more time sitting down out the back than actually doing any work. She hated customers and hated her sales team even more. It’s unbelievable she even got to her position, bad tempered and wasn’t afraid to let anyone near her know she was having a bad day
I enjoyed working there it was calm even though sometimes it can get a bit busy but that is what happens if you work for retail. I would recommend anyone working there.
I’m my opinion I loved working there but I didn’t think it was for me the staff were really nice and was very welcoming everyone got on and were never standing around
Fun, fast paced environment. Very friendly colleagues&great management. Each day is different which is good. Lots of different shift patterns to suit you.
A good atmosphere for beginners. The team leaders are caring and reasonable. The level of support and respect for beginners is highly positive.
Good work done is highly acknowledged.
Management and permanent store members are Selective with who they treat with respect,the store I was at was blatantly racist and undermine you in front of customers
Good job when young don’t let managers walk all over you contacts are only 4 hours which is a joke should be 16 but make sure stand yourself with more hours Cos they give away to people they want
Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Perfume Shop. Our community is ready to answer.