The Parts Alliance Group Ltd

The Parts Alliance Group Ltd Employee Reviews

United Kingdom33 reviews
Very stressful job, hours been cut but the customer service is still expected to be the same. Working through lunch everyday. Expected to run the warehouse, control what the drivers do, respond to emails, organising returns, the list goes on all for NMW.
Exhausting place to work for with no help or support from above. Definitely a split between warehouse, drivers and sales. Sales gets pay raises to just sit there, everyone else killing themselves
Excellent marketing department led by an experienced and understanding boss, this is a great place to work. The technical knowledge and skill is high and there’s a good, friendly yet professional atmosphere.
Pros
Friendly, professional, good work/life balance.
Cons
Limited promotion opportunities
The only people that are looked after at this branch are the sales people in main office and managers. No support for drivers or warehouse staff, no heating in the winter in a freezing cold warehouse while the office staff get all the heating then moan about how cold the warehouse is! The higher management are complete bullies, If you make one tiny mistake you are reminded about it for the next month and ridiculed about it in front of all the staff and customers. Expected to work through your lunch break, even the drivers are expected to not have breaks sometimes which is dangerous and illegal. This place is really bad for your health - AVOID AT ALL COSTS.
Pros
nothing
Cons
stressful, get treated like dogs
Unfortunately not the most supportive of training,

additional help was given three months in not at the start even though no experience of job when taken on.

Lack of support from management and not enthusiastic to develop and improve you.
Good company to work for. There are chances for progression and the hours of work are good. Pay is decent compared to other Motor Factors out there and I enjoy working with my team they're a good bunch of people.
Made to feel welcome and settled in but not a huge amount of training offered.

Can get quite stressfull at times due to staff levels and not enough back up support.
Made some very good relationships whilst working for TPA. If only there had been a branch more local to where I live, I would have stayed.
My line manager was not only very knowledgeable about the business but also extremely helpful.

I would recommend TPA as a place to work.
Faced paced retail environment, everyday is different and I enjoy coming to work.

Family culture which makes coming to work more exciting, especially as each day is different.
A great company to work for.. with lots of opportunity for progression.
I believe we are a business that genuinely cares about its colleagues and regards its people as its biggest asset.
Was given a feeble excuse as their reason to terminate my contract, which wasn’t true.

I then discovered after I left that between 60-100 staff had been made redundant too? So maybe they’re in financial difficulties and are finding the going tough and are having to cut jobs to save the pennies!

I wouldn’t recommend anyone to work for them, as there are too many Chiefs and not enough Indians. Here’s hoping they go under very soon!
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at The Parts Alliance Group Ltd?
Covering the whole country for Servicesure. Recruiting, Training, and managing the national team.

A great experiance but cut short by an orcestrated redundancy, perhaps a victem of my own success.
Stay away as there all back stabbing each other and management were uslesss all they talked about it the weekend and cocaine so not ideal if your not into that kind of thing
Lack of staff spoiled my time working here ,no support from some managers but most staff were brilliant.contract hours didn’t match the hours quoted changed lunch break to suit the hours they needed .
No parking available on site ended up with two parking tickets due to lack of any ware to park.
I used to work for CES which was a good company, until we were bought by American company
Rapidly went down hill,

New branch manager who hasn't got a clue with a bad attitude towards the staff, always under staffed, rewarded with a pay cut...

Reduced hours management called it a work life balance, very stressful company where you are not appreciated for what you do stay away from here
Good management and a pleasure to work for. Relaxed work environment just wish it was not so far away from home. Loved the ability to work on the profit and loss.
was promised the correct training that wasn't the case, lack of support from above management and directors, no concern for health and well being, no thanks for effort put in, very two faced, very disappointing with cuts at the lower end of the line leaving branches stretched and happy to employ overpaid staff that don't support sales team, i was happy with staff and had a great relationship with customers was gutted to leave but my health came first.
The team if staff is amazing, However company cuts mean that drivers hours have been cut with the wage already at minimum.
Not a bad place to work and have shown appreciation for work but left some things to be desired.
High quality agency, high volume of jobs and friendly staff
- Mainly warehouse work

- Standard industry practices

- Management quite reasonable

- Diverse, engaging culture

- Hardest part is type of work (warehouse)

- Enjoyable flexibillity
Collecting parts from the despatch area and ensuring the order is correct (far to often orders are picked wrong), then safely drive in the company vans (most of the vans are in need of work to be carried out to drive safely) to the garages and then deliver your order with a smile.
I learned in this company that the old staff who have been there years or the staff who are having relationships with management are up each others backsides and are in each others pockets, good liars!!! There was and still is very low staff morals and unfortunately the staff turnaround is huge. If your face does not fit then you may as well leave before they sack you or they tell you that you have not passed your probation.

The management of the company ABM and MANAGERS do not support the staff they lie to their faces and are most definitely two faced.

Hardest part of the job is the staff, some of the drivers(good staff) have been sacked or left on their own accord due to the bad management

Their motto is NOT like the musketeers

"All for one and one for all, united we stand divided we fall"

The job itself is brilliant driving around having a good rapport with the customers listening to radio or your downloaded music and being stuck in traffic

This is called a sandwich the bread is the good points and the filling is the bad points, do not eat it throw it in the bin.
Great group of people I work with for the most part, although branch manager leaves a lot to be desired!!
Lots of changes happening, drivers losing hours and pay, lots forced to leave due to this.

Moral is low.
worked at gsf/parts alliance for many years they expect one person to run a warehouse and look after a number of drivers aswell has a large amount of stock coming and going into the warehouse and after many years of working hard they are now planning on cutting hours to save money but still expecting staff to go the extra mile they offer no real benefits and upper management arent bothered about staff
Pros
people i worked with are great upper management arent worth having
Cons
not enough staff expected to work through lunch break
Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Parts Alliance Group Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9