The Original Factory Shop

The Original Factory Shop Employee Reviews

United Kingdom287 reviews
informal structure
very relaxed environment but withy challenges to keep the store tidy with good presentation require
customer service standards had to be met

tough challenge to increase sales
Pros
relaxed enviroment
Cons
salary could be better
Productive and fun
A very hard working staffing environment. Staff were well rostered and working cooperatively to get all jobs done on time.

A high sales turn over and stock taking rate with new efficient perfect supply in all new deliveries and high reduced to clear turnover.
Manager job
Terrible higher management, HR, no support at all, I had a new baby they would not be flexible about working hours. I made a complaint about an area manager that abused me but I was ostracised as he was having an affair with the HR head so they moved him from the area and made my life hard.
I enjoyed the work and the people. Most of the staff were nice, but, Manager was impossible to work with and for!
Manager was impossible to work for, no people skills whatsoever. Now I know why such a high staff turnover!! Had the worst job experience in 27 years of employment. Shop itself was nice to work in as where other staff and customers.
Very good environment to work in not alot of opportunities
Had a good 6 and a half years to 7 years to work in a environment where it was quite relaxed. Was never appraised or rewarded for jobs you achieved and didn't really progress fast enough
Retail
Fast paced, need to be hard working. Both physical and mentally challenging. Work shifts and must be multi skilled and able to work as a team but will be given individual tasks.
Unappreciated by management
Great team but unapproachable manager, as assistant manager I spent more time in store than the manager. I worked 90 percent if bank hols and weekends but if you spoke to area manager you got nowhere. Managers talk about each other!
Pros
Team, customers
Cons
Everything else
Hands on job
Hands on job with tight budgets but very rewarding working in a friendly environment with good customer service and customers would be nice to get more time off
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at The Original Factory Shop?
desperate for anyone to work for them
If you speak to management about a problem most of the shop will know, if you are fast worker you won't get any credit or help, if you are slow useless and do hardly any work they'll talk about you but never sack you,the staff has been cut down but same amount of work, so some knacker themselves and some just pretend to work. Management often scream at you on the shop floor,If your off sick alot nothing will happen to you but if ya never ill and have a voice your called in the office, I think you now get the drift of how the job is there , and they have a high turnover of staff.I know look 10 years younger in my new job
Too much pressure to achieve targets, rude.
They say 1 team 1 goal, no help when needed, was regularly ignored by area manager.no advice no assistance. Too many jobs, moves to do. Change mind about tasks too often and lack of communication from so called support centre.
Good chilled place to work
Liked working there as it was always.
Customer focused.

And relaxed, management was excellent.staff chilled

Great place to work.

Shame such little hours
original factory shop
8-5 shift monday to friday. picking packing stock from spread sheet, clean and tidy enviroment to work in, worked in a team, was able to follow manage management instructions..
Happy place
Light, fun, playful and happy atmosphere to work in. Providing the best service for the customers that could be possible. Enjoyed arranging new stock when it arrived.
Good
Overall a good company fast paced and hard working love to meet deadlines and they look after them who look after the company’s best interests aswell .
Not very good
The managers want to control every aspect of the day to day running and wouldn't put trust into its Key colleages to ensure that there department ran smoothley, When the mangers are telling you your job when you have done it longer than them.
Worst time of my life
This company is a complete joke to work for. Awful pay and no life to work balance, managers expect you to do everything whilst they spend 90% of the day talking on the phone and chain smoking.
I doubt this company will be around in a few years time so don't bother thinking about having a career with these people.

On a positive note, most of the staff are nice.
Bad place to work
Managers are all for them selves.and are not willing to take any ideas from staff to improve the quality of work or speed in which we can send out stock.
Great for students
I worked at the original factory shop while I was at College, hours were fully flexible and staff we're easy to get on with. During times of bad business, management would often point the blame and head office set some unrealistic goals. For this reason, I wouldn't suggest working their full-time, particularly if you are professional and impatient. But for a student wanting a little extra pocket money, the job is perfect! 4hour contracts, fully flexible hours and extra hours covering shifts and during holidays. Staff offered training and advice and there was the opportunity to progress within the company.
Awful experience
You should only apply if you are a strong minded person, never appreciated, not treated with respect and professionalism is constantly questioned. Horrible place to work full stop.
No hours
I worked there for about two years, easy job, nice people. However hours were terrible and there was no process in the job. Got boring as there was difficulty or challenge within the job.
Shocking company to work for
Extra hours have to be covered by management so you will end up working for less than minimum wage. No support from area manager makes all sorts of promises at interview but doesn’t stick to them. Little chance of progression area manager just seems to like yes people. Wouldn’t waste my time with this company in a management role as they are all take take take
Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Original Factory Shop. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8