The Original Factory Shop Employee Reviews

Generally a good place but not always
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Diss2 May 2018
While I will admit that at many times I have been very found of those who I work with some members slack and do nothing but stand there when it is quiet. This has happened even while I've been working and certain members of management do nothing a bout it even after it has been brought to their attention. Overall going into this job you should expect to have little pay with mostly good and fun colleagues to work with. However do be reared to have work chucked at you left right and center if you are one of the people willing to take on the work you are paid to do. But if you want to slack a bit after becoming familiar with the company and the people then go right ahead.
Cons
lots of work
The Education
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melksham18 April 2018
This was my first job. It made want to more work. The team was fair, but they taught me what I needed to know. The management team was first class and if the the same team was in place I would happily go back and work for them.
No complaints
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Northern Ireland12 April 2018
I enjoy my job. Yes the pay could be better but I live in hope they will reward supervisors better in the near future. I get complete job satisfaction, but I'm lucky as I've a great team and an excellent manager.
No job is perfect and for those slaying the company..... if you hate it that much just leave! For those that have left..... Not everyone will experience the same negativity you did.
Pros
Staff discount, job satisfaction, excellent manager
Cons
Pay
Original factory shoo warehouse in Burnley
Packer (Former Employee) –  Warehouse in Burnley10 April 2018
Horrible place, 99\100 of worker in packing section are from Poland most of them don't speak English including supervisor, and most of them doesn't like to ask then anything about work, because they don't feel confident when you speak with them English
Good place to work if you want to progress.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  United Kingdom5 April 2018
I'm 19 turning 20 and I'm a Assistant store manager for The Original Factory Shop. This is a good place to work as you get a lot of training to progress further in the company. The colleagues are brilliant and the area manager is really nice. My day to day would be anything from running the store doing rotas, to working the delivery. The salary is alright but can't complain as I'm only 19. I would highly recommend working for the company.
Pros
Management skills, pay, benefits
Cons
Nothing.
amazing working place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Argyll and Bute5 April 2018
everyone is so nice there couldnt of asked for anything better, my best job so far. the stuff are so nice everyone listens to what you have to say any ideas you have they will take on bored.
Horrific company, stay away, , bullies
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Burnley, Lancashire26 March 2018
The factory shop has from experience working here a prolific history of bullying . Head office talk to staff like trash,treat staff like trash, exploit staff, lie and cheat.Couldnt give a hoot about their stores or staff. They are arrogant and obnoxious. Constant bulling, threats made to try and get people to leave. They shift blame and refuse to take responsibility for their own wrongdoing. Ended up leaving because of they way they are. Stood for 8 hrs at minimum wage and told to take days cant do or be sacked when been there years making them money while they drive around in fancy cars doing nothing. should be closed down. Only gave 1 star as didn't give option of no stars. I would have rated minus stars otherwise. Relieved to have left and nothing more to do with them.
Pros
nothing at all
Cons
head office, incompetent colleagues, a gang of bullies
Friendly atmosphere amongst staff and customers.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Harwich9 March 2018
I work as part of a team. Greeting and serving customers in a happy, friendly and professional manner assisting them with any queries they may have, which I enjoy.
Pros
Possibility of promotion.
A lot of work with little pay
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Horley, Surrey1 March 2018
An OK starting job but not worth staying around for. You get little pay and hardly any benefits. The management was unprofessional and you sometimes wont get your rota till the day before.
Joke of a company to work for
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dumfries, Dumfries and Galloway24 February 2018
Shocking company to work for pay is below supervisor pay rate compared to other companies, I worked for them for number of years yet got no thanks or praise from them for doing my job there always stick by the women and don't listen to men and are very sexist company. The building full of asbestos as well manager doesn't have a clue how to run the store either she's of there for the pay check at end of it6
Pros
Cons
Take staff discount away from staff to save money ha
Mixed bag
Sales Adviser (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Dalry16 February 2018
Same as many shops distribute stock, serve customers & tidy.
The hardest part was Some level of management changed & they took away a lot of the employee benefits & work hours they also neglected to pay & process a resignation which lead to troubles later on in life. However it was not all levels of management & the rest of the staff were good to work with & we all helped eachother.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Poor people management
Good part time work
Sales assistant (Current Employee) –  Wick15 February 2018
Good retail experience with flexible part time hours, welcoming staff and excellent management which provide a comfortable environment to learn and work.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Short contracts
Good job
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dunbar24 January 2018
Great job, I enjoy retail so the reason for my move was to go onto Aldi, while I was at the factory shop I won awards in display work definitely a good environment x
Pros
Short hours
Cons
Lively, Exciting and full of lovely staff
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  March10 January 2018
This was full of amazing opportunities for me to fulfil. I learnt how to work a till, how to correctly stack shelves and how to speak to customers in the correct tone. The hardest part of the job was the amount of hours as i completed an 8 hour shift from 9-5 which meant I had to make sure i was ready in time. The best part of the job was meeting the staff and learning how to work all of the tills.
Pros
Nice staff
Productive and enjoyable
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sheerness22 December 2017
A typical day at work would be serving customers and sorting through stock that had come in from deliveries. My manager has quoted my levels of customer service being the best in the store, which I'm very thankful for. I learned a lot and my confidence has definitely developed while I was in employment there and the manager was very supportive and understanding so I couldn't have asked for a better manager.
The workplace culture and general feel of the workplace was amazing as it was understood we could have a laugh and a joke with one another as long as we were working.
The hardest part of the job was the deliveries as they were very large and our deliverance area was rather small so there was little room to work with, but the job got done regardless.
The most enjoyable part of the job would be the customers as I can only say I felt satisfaction when meeting the customers needs time and time again.
Pros
An excellent team and great support
Cons
Minimum pay, often dragged-out days
best placement
Work Experience Placement (Current Employee) –  Cleethorpes12 December 2017
everyone is warm, friendly and understanding , we all work together to get the job done. everyone Monday and Thursday we get a delivers so I spent them days getting the new stock out pricing and putting them out in the right place and dealing with customers.
Pros
learing on the job
Cons
only get one break for lunch
Not a brilliant company to work with
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bexhill26 November 2017
I was a sales assistant for the Original factory shop,
they didnt explain the roles and responsibilities correctly they where very vague , I was supposed to intervene on boosting sales but i didnt know how was not taught about it, And was not taught about how to analyze the profit and loss diagram , i was treated as a mere customer assitant , Not a sales assistant which was in charge of sales
I wasnt trained at all , and wasnt trained suitably for the role.
In the end i had to ask collegues what to do
The collegues where better then management
Pros
Cons
manager wasnt good, Short live contract, Inhuman deadlines, poor working conditions, Not Explained at all
Job with may benifits and ways to advance
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ross-on-Wye15 November 2017
As a young sales assistant i was still given large responsibilities in the job which gave me a much greater job satisfaction, it was a fun team based work environment and helps build greater costumer service which i found helpful in future jobs.
Poor management
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norwich26 October 2017
I worked in TOFS clearnce store in Norwich castle Mall, the management was very poor and weak, no principles at work, very lazy staff, hard till work. When they had promotions was very busy compared the amount of work the pay is very low. The manager has no any control over staff behaviour. All staff trying get away from till work when it was busy. And manager just put one pearson on the till, because none of the staff listened to the manager. Everything is mess and no organised or any principles. Don’t work for this place, very low pay compare too much work and had to deal with the worst customers because is cheap and we had very rude and nasty customers.
Cons
Low pay and poor management
Fun and bubbly
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Walsall21 October 2017
I like working for the factory shop everyone is so lovely and we all work well as a team.
I restock shelfs a d deal with customers and money.
I work five days a week but on shift work so not long hours at all
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
Not long enuff hours