The Original Factory Shop Employee Reviews

Good workplace
Shop Assistant, stock, facing up and banking (Former Employee) –  Amesbury20 February 2019
Working for The Factory Shop was very enjoyable, they gave me the experience to work on the tills at a high rate, manage my time more efficiently. Working in the cash office provided a level of trust in the workplace.
Friendly work place
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mablethorpe7 February 2019
Nice place to work, lot of team work, good management but can get very busy in the summer and hectic so need to be good at multitasking, everyone dealt with fairly and equally
Nice place to work
sales assistant, supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bearwood27 January 2019
Worked here for a few years loved my job as always with customers which was great. Job suited my family with the hrs they always helped if I needed the time off due to my kids been sick. Loved management.
Pros
Staff, management, hours, pay
Cons
Place shut down so made redundant
Loved this job
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bolsover23 January 2019
Really nice job and great team of people very busy environment and not enough hours in the day to do all that is required sometimes targets are unrealistic
Productive, fun and friendly workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salcombe, Devon10 December 2018
A very nice friendly environment to work in, easy to fit in and get to know the place and how things work, all staff are lovely people you can get on with from the start. Overall a fantastic place to work!
Pros
Staff discount
Stay clear
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Newquay, Cornwall2 December 2018
Avoid this company! No job security. This company has its loyalty’s all wronge. Should be with members of staff no customers trying to pull a fast one. The manager in Newquay store will just be on the phone all day leaving you to do all the work and doesn’t follow company policy avoid.
Pros
Team members
Cons
Managers. Pay.
its ok
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Helston24 November 2018
i had a really nice manager at my store but alot of changes happened from high up that saw our benefits get reduced and breaks get reduced so it ended up not being nice to work for. staff are last on the list of priorities
Pros
staff discount although it got reduced
Cons
tiny contracted hours
No life outside of work
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fraserburgh, Aberdeenshire9 November 2018
Rotas are given not early enough so it's close to impossible to make plans and if you say you can't do certain time then be ready for lots of huffing and puffing, said I can't do an overtime shift (which was just added to my rota without asking first) due to personal reasons and got pushed to actually say what the reason is because 'its not good enough' and then had to face the assistant manager raising his voice at me over this, also they don't care if you're in pain, broke an arm? You can still work you'll be fine! Management doesn't care about anything, do you have a different belief wmdue to which you should have certain day off? Guess what, you can still work. If you want holidays then you have to apply many months prior and you still may not get it, only one day off for Christmas (incredible you even get that one day), rate of pay is not even reaching the minimum, awful hours (one week you could be working 20 just to do 12 the next), while in the warehouse you can freeze your limbs off as there's no heating, not even in winter, music in the shop is so depressing and repetitive that you just want to die, new employees are not properly shown what to do and then shouted at for not doing things right.
Pros
Fun employees
Cons
Management, hours, rate of pay, overall treatment of employees, basically everything
Fun workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Headcorn, Kent6 November 2018
Typical day at work would be to clean the shop floor and make sure all aisles are free and clear of obstacles so customers can freely walk around the shop.
Dealing with deliveries of stock and stocking up low products,serving customers at the till and dealing with refunds and complaints
Pros
Got to socialise
Cons
Long hours left at till to serve
Efficently Ran Company
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Halstead2 November 2018
The company was ran effectively by management, it had some good opportunities for employees with offering perks. This made it an enjoyable workplace for all involved.
Love customer service
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Royston, Hertfordshire14 October 2018
Love the day of customer service, and challenging overall shop floor replenish. Also working with a fantastic team. I have learned how to problem solve under my self esteem but also know I can rely on my managers to assist me and my sales team in a more challenging problem.
Pros
Free parking and not far from home
Cons
Not the right hours any longer for as I have a young child now.
Nice friendly work environment
Sale Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cinderford2 October 2018
Loved working here I only did short hours but the staff and management were extremely friendly and helpful.

Most of the time I was unloading deliveries an stocking shelfs and putting prices on items.

Was a nice relaxed atmosphere
Pros
Nice staff free parking
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warwick25 September 2018
Started off as a 8 hour contract but with my hard work I progressed to 16 hours was giving jobs I hadnt done brfore staff were friendly amd outgoing great place to work .
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow24 August 2018
There is always something new to learn, and always something to do. Management will always find something to improve departments or keep members of staff occupied.
Fun workplace
sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Dingwall22 August 2018
Has it’s ups and downs but with the job! Brilliant people and customers, friendly environment. Great help when it comes to working around personal problems.
work hard and play hard
store manager (Current Employee) –  Barry, Vale of Glamorgan22 August 2018
If you were organised with the daily tasks , it would be straight forward unless they emailed extra tasks then it would be a little pressured . They do believe in making you work for your salary You have to be a hands on manager as you are short staff due to costing's . The staff in Barry store are great we all work as a team . The best part of the job is working with the great staff and the diversity of the customers we have.
Pros
the team work
ok
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fife21 August 2018
work experience only, team environment, not enough hours for paid work.. staff and team were supportive. general customer services tasks, etc. good company
Nice place, gave me a chance
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aylesbury19 August 2018
Working at TOFS greatly boosted my confidence working on tills and with customers, we were a tight team at my store from early on. It was a bit of a dead end in the long term, but for what they are I'll miss them.
Socail and rewarding job
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Heathfield, East Sussex18 August 2018
I look back on this job very fondly and miss seeing my regular customers and having a laugh with them and fellow co-workers. The pay was minimal, but this was made up for by the dynamic nature of the job and the joy of making a customers day by locating thier favourite chocolates.
Also it is satisfying to work somewhere vibrant and well organised.
I did also recieve one bonus of a £50 voucher!
Pros
Christmas is great fun!
Cons
Minimum wage
No advancement opportunities.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Cleethorpes, Lincolnshire9 August 2018
Very poor, borderline illegal management. Staff regularly not paid. one two three four five six seven eight nine ten eleven twelve thirteen fourteen fifteen