The Orders of St Johns Care Trust Employee Reviews

Amazing place to be and work
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Oxfordshire21 June 2018
Worked for the company for a few years now in ECH.
Never looked back. Love everything about my job, the people we care for, the care teams and the management are all amazing.
You feel valued and appreciated, the pay isn't amazing, but what care job is....?? The benefits you get walking through the door and making a difference to people's life's is priceless though.
It Would take alot for me to leave,
I enjoy every day that I help to put a smile on the clients faces with the help of everyone else that truly cares.
Pros
Its like an extended family... x
Cons
Feel sorry for anyone that hasn't given ECH a try
Lack of respect
Cook (Former Employee) –  Linconshire9 August 2018
Some senor staff rude and disrespectful. Always having to help out other departments when short of staff but never any given to kitchen when needed . Lots of criticism little praise and god forbid any body losing weight first to be blamed is the head cook
Pros
Not much
Cons
Lots
Shocking - if you have any sense, you'll stay away!
Activities Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Wiltshire26 October 2018
No thanks
Felt extremely undervalued
Terrible management
Lack of staff
Rude and unfriendly staff - towards other staff and residents!
No Teamwork within my own team

I feel really sorry for the service users as they as stuck there - at least I got to go home!
Pros
Lovely residents
Cons
rude management, teamwork seriously lacking, understaffed, overworked
Excellent company to work for
Senior Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Grantham, Lincolnshire5 October 2018
A typical day for me is allocated care staff on shift to meet the residents needs. I also have a lot of involvement with multidisciplinary teams and families advocating on behalf of the residents.
I have not only refreshed my skills in all aspects of care been have learnt how to manage a team.
The workplace is a very non institutionalised home that dedicates its care in looking after people living with dementia.
The hardest part of my job role is grasping the concept of the complexity in mental health.
I love managing a team and being able to example my expectations of care needs to other carers
15 October 2018

We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience of working with us. It's clear you are very passionate about what you do which is wonderful and we're so happy that you're enjoying you job. We wish you all the best for your future with OSJCT.

Thank you!

OSJCT Recruitment team

Waste of time
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chippenham26 November 2018
Management not understanding of personal problems. Personal problems regarding my mental health which saw me off work a lot, which was also the reason I got dismissed. Always short staffed, always the same people giving out medication on rounds and generally ssdd.
Pros
Lovely residents lovely food
Cons
Short staffed, no respect for personal problems.
7 December 2018

Our management team always strive to work with employees to explore what adjustments we can make to support them and their personal circumstances.

Understandably we have to put the care of our lovely residents first and our recruitment team are working hard to make sure that we have enough people to do just that.

Like a family
Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Witney, Oxfordshire7 November 2018
I have worked for the trust for 6 years working my way up the company I love my job, the staff and especially my residents good support from above and good prospects. People complain they are short staffed I think it is a national shortage our home never run short and rarely use agency staff ( no offence to agency staff) myself and the manager are always helping care staff on the floor. Definitely recommend OSJCT as a company to work for
Pros
Chance to move up the ladder and encourament
Cons
Pay could be a bit better
9 November 2018

Thank you for your lovely comments. It's great to hear that you love your job and enjoy working for OSJCT. It sounds like your career is going from strength to strength which is brilliant - well done and long may it continue!

All the very best

The OSJCT Recruitment Team

So short staffed all the time
Carer (Former Employee) –  Malmesbury, Wiltshire18 September 2018
I began working here a few months back.
Thrown in the deep end after only a couple of shadow shifts. Care certificate training kept getting changed dates. I have left due to personal reasons but I sure won't be going back to an OSJ company again. Lack of staff meant either running units alone or being given agency staff who you have to chase up after as leaving rooms a mess etc so doing double your work. Always getting asked to work extra shifts sometimes allowing 1 day off. I love the care side of the job but not this no staff bull
Pros
The residents
Cons
Short staffed
27 September 2018

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience working for us.

We are disappointed that you felt the home was understaffed and you were often asked to work extra hours at short notice. If you would like to talk through this with us, please don’t hesitate to contact HR on HRhub@osjct.co.uk.

Providing personal centred care for our residents is at the core of what we strive to do, and we need great people to help us do this. That means we need to provide support during your induction and make sure you have the right training to confidently do your job. It sounds like we have let you down on this occasion but I am sure our new manager in the home will make sure this is a priority for him.

Many thanks
OSJCT Recruitment team

A wonderful improvement. A pleasure to be working here.
Carer (Current Employee) –  Marlborough, Wiltshire1 May 2018
After working here for a number of years, I can really see a big change within the home. I have gained a lot of knowledge and training, the home are always looking to progress staff who are wanting career progression. The staff are amazing, they all work really hard to promote the well being of the residents. The management are supportive and accommodating to suit changing needs. It is such a pleasure to see the residents happy and well cared for.
Pros
Working full time over 3 days a week, Enhanched pay at weekends
A mess
Care Assistant for the Elderly (Current Employee) –  Lincolnshire7 September 2018
Rude unprofessional management. Minimal activities for residents. Training is poor. Pay is poor. Dominated by a few "favoured" staff who have an inflated sense of their own importance. Terrible place to work. Overall a mess.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Poor management
Give something back.
Nursing, Hospital, Residential Home Manager (Current Employee) –  Chipping Norton4 November 2018
Charity that provides a home whatever your back ground. Wether you can pay for your care or not. I loved the fact that I knew all the hard work and effort was for the resident's and patient's.
Pros
Laughter.
Awful !!!
carer (Former Employee) –  Oxford, Oxfordshire7 May 2018
Was lied to from the start was told id get full time day permennant hours but all they gave me was night shifts and failed to tell me it was a zero hour contract when i said i couldnt do more then 2 night shifts in a row they told me in front of a new starter well train your body to get used to it.... no wonder i became sick they were so short staffed i had to do 4 night shifts in a row. You have no time for anything on the odd occations i did evenings shifts you where always in a rush no time to properly do the job and was thrown in the deep end 4 days after training. Times of calls totally messed up.
staff and managers so nasty and clicky was hard to go to anyone for help.
Avoid this will be my last care job as im sick of how this industry is going... no care anymore or time for clients
Pros
Lovely clients
Cons
everything
Underpaid from day one
Professional sucker (Former Employee) –  Goring, Oxfordshire TOWSE COURT7 October 2018
DO NOT WORK FOR THIS JOKE OF A COMPANY, if you have any respect for yourself and value your health , sanity and finances. Don't choose them as a care provider for your loved ones either. STAY WELL CLEAR!
18 October 2018

Thank you for your comments which we were sorry to hear this as the experience described does not reflect the Trust values we strive to achieve. We value all of our employees and their contribution to the well-being of those we support, we endeavour to ensure our pay is fair and in line with typical pay rates in the area by conducting regular salary bench marking reviews.

We would like to discuss your feedback in more detail with you to help us understand further and would appreciate it if you could please contact our HR team - HRhub@osjct.co.uk.

OSJCT Recruitment Team

Carer
Night Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Thornbury, Gloucestershire15 September 2018
Beautiful home lovely residence but manager need to sort things out very under staffed not s happy home rotas alway changing at last min I could say a lot more
Pros
Resident i
Cons
Staffing
Bullying with no consequences.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Marlborough12 February 2018
I’ll start by saying I adored my job here. Management were really good with my frequently changing hours needs due to personal reasons. And my original department head was the nicest boss i’ve had.

The issues started when they were replaced, their replacement was someone who for some reason hated me (literally from the second they were assigned.)
This person gave me nothing but hatred. I did everything I could but no matter how I tried to approach the issue and fix it it did no good. They bullied me out of the job.

I was signed off at one point due to the stress and was informed something would be done about it (which it never was). I left after a bout of illness and it’s been a huge load off my mind.
Pros
Not many
unprofessional
Housekeeper/Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melksham, Wiltshire16 March 2018
worked here for a while and never was really appriciated by managment. i was on bank staff and i went back to work after my baby was 3 months and was willing to work sometimes 3 nights a week then without any communication they didnt have me in for over two months and i had to approach them to ask and they were very rude so i terminated my employement. the management are rude and very small minded
Friendly care team
Night Care Lead (Current Employee) –  Goodson Lodge6 April 2018
Care team are amazing, home is brand new all residents have access to cinema and tea room can fault care team at all management changes can disturb the staff but the team are always very welcoming
Pros
the staff are so friendly
Cons
long 12 hour fhift breaks are none exsisting
Rewarding
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lydney12 January 2018
Enjoy supporting and assisting residents with care and provide high levels of dignity, respect and listening to their views and needs required from myself. Arranging with local companies for support and charitable donations. Talking to local media to promote our homes. I learnt Emergency 1st Aid training in Adults, Dementia Awareness via Alzheimers Society was really helpful. Enjoyed attending all courses possible as love to learn new things to provide the best care i can provide. Long shifts but that comes with the job. When i finish my shifts i feel a great satisfaction of hoping i have made someones life easier and happier.
Pros
feeling happy to have helped at least 1 person
Cons
feeling i cant do enough as not enough carers sometimes to fulfil the needs of my residents.
dont work there
care assistant (Current Employee) –  Malmesbury, Wiltshire1 May 2018
A horrible place to work, bullying staff, manager wont do anything about it. as there friends of the manager.
Managers should not have close friends as they cant do there job correctly .
Area managers never talk to staff on a one to one.
Pros
Cons
everything
the people i work with are great but the stress in very high
Cook (Former Employee) –  Melksham11 March 2018
Its hard work but most days its ok. managment are ok . the people work really hard but there is never enough staff .Its hard when there is not enough staff as the people that are being cared for are not getting what the deserve. the staff are tired but put on a brave face.
improvement
Carer (Current Employee) –  Marlborough, Wiltshire3 January 2018
this group urgently needs qualified professionals to work in the lack of professionals and very large due to the high number of workers who are friends of management sub-management and leaders, so it becomes very difficult to try to impose something like quality of work or work discipline.
Pros
could be a great company if there were professionals
Cons
with self index of friends working and impossible quality of work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Orders of St Johns Care Trust. Our community is ready to answer.