The Orders of St Johns Care Trust Employee Reviews

Amazing place to be and work
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Oxfordshire21 June 2018
Worked for the company for a few years now in ECH.
Never looked back. Love everything about my job, the people we care for, the care teams and the management are all amazing.
You feel valued and appreciated, the pay isn't amazing, but what care job is....?? The benefits you get walking through the door and making a difference to people's life's is priceless though.
It Would take alot for me to leave,
I enjoy every day that I help to put a smile on the clients faces with the help of everyone else that truly cares.
Pros
Its like an extended family... x
Cons
Feel sorry for anyone that hasn't given ECH a try
Awful !!!
carer (Former Employee) –  Oxford, Oxfordshire7 May 2018
Was lied to from the start was told id get full time day permennant hours but all they gave me was night shifts and failed to tell me it was a zero hour contract when i said i couldnt do more then 2 night shifts in a row they told me in front of a new starter well train your body to get used to it.... no wonder i became sick they were so short staffed i had to do 4 night shifts in a row. You have no time for anything on the odd occations i did evenings shifts you where always in a rush no time to properly do the job and was thrown in the deep end 4 days after training. Times of calls totally messed up.
staff and managers so nasty and clicky was hard to go to anyone for help.
Avoid this will be my last care job as im sick of how this industry is going... no care anymore or time for clients
Pros
Lovely clients
Cons
everything
A wonderful improvement. A pleasure to be working here.
Carer (Current Employee) –  Marlborough, Wiltshire1 May 2018
After working here for a number of years, I can really see a big change within the home. I have gained a lot of knowledge and training, the home are always looking to progress staff who are wanting career progression. The staff are amazing, they all work really hard to promote the well being of the residents. The management are supportive and accommodating to suit changing needs. It is such a pleasure to see the residents happy and well cared for.
Pros
Working full time over 3 days a week, Enhanched pay at weekends
dont work there
care assistant (Current Employee) –  Malmesbury, Wiltshire1 May 2018
A horrible place to work, bullying staff, manager wont do anything about it. as there friends of the manager.
Managers should not have close friends as they cant do there job correctly .
Area managers never talk to staff on a one to one.
Pros
Cons
everything
Welcoming and friendly
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Purton15 April 2018
Have not been a volunteer for long but enjoy going each time, always someone to talk too and always show appreciation for help. The residents are really nice and sweet and so are the workers
unprofessional
Housekeeper/Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melksham, Wiltshire16 March 2018
worked here for a while and never was really appriciated by managment. i was on bank staff and i went back to work after my baby was 3 months and was willing to work sometimes 3 nights a week then without any communication they didnt have me in for over two months and i had to approach them to ask and they were very rude so i terminated my employement. the management are rude and very small minded
the people i work with are great but the stress in very high
Cook (Former Employee) –  Melksham11 March 2018
Its hard work but most days its ok. managment are ok . the people work really hard but there is never enough staff .Its hard when there is not enough staff as the people that are being cared for are not getting what the deserve. the staff are tired but put on a brave face.
Overall good
Care leader (Current Employee) –  Wiltshire28 February 2018
I have worked for the trust for 7 years. Good team but poor communication. Pay is OK. Have met some wonderful people. It is just ashame that I find it is more about marketing then the person centred care that they promote.
Bullying with no consequences.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Marlborough12 February 2018
I’ll start by saying I adored my job here. Management were really good with my frequently changing hours needs due to personal reasons. And my original department head was the nicest boss i’ve had.

The issues started when they were replaced, their replacement was someone who for some reason hated me (literally from the second they were assigned.)
This person gave me nothing but hatred. I did everything I could but no matter how I tried to approach the issue and fix it it did no good. They bullied me out of the job.

I was signed off at one point due to the stress and was informed something would be done about it (which it never was). I left after a bout of illness and it’s been a huge load off my mind.
Pros
Not many
The one thing that makes it good;
Day and Night Carer (Former Employee) –  England16 January 2018
are the staff that work there.
Because they all care deeply for each individual.
Everything else, needs working on.
Lack of staff, every shift- hard to provide individualised care if there are only 2 carers on the floor. No support. Discrimination in the workplace.

Had a severe affect on my mental health.
Pros
The Residents and permanent staff
Cons
Nearly everything else

Want to know more about The Orders of St Johns Care Trust?

Ask a question
It was a great place to work
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Royal Wootton Bassett, Wiltshire14 January 2018
I had to leave that job due to me moving to chippingham and the shift pattens I was in able to get there as I don’t drive and with me having my child I was also unable to make the shift as I had to drop him off at school I would love to work for this company again
It’s was very welcoming , friendly , and the way they promot the care for the residents I loved every aspect and the opertunate they off and the training they provided
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Shift hours
Rewarding
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lydney12 January 2018
Enjoy supporting and assisting residents with care and provide high levels of dignity, respect and listening to their views and needs required from myself. Arranging with local companies for support and charitable donations. Talking to local media to promote our homes. I learnt Emergency 1st Aid training in Adults, Dementia Awareness via Alzheimers Society was really helpful. Enjoyed attending all courses possible as love to learn new things to provide the best care i can provide. Long shifts but that comes with the job. When i finish my shifts i feel a great satisfaction of hoping i have made someones life easier and happier.
Pros
feeling happy to have helped at least 1 person
Cons
feeling i cant do enough as not enough carers sometimes to fulfil the needs of my residents.
improvement
Carer (Current Employee) –  Marlborough, Wiltshire3 January 2018
this group urgently needs qualified professionals to work in the lack of professionals and very large due to the high number of workers who are friends of management sub-management and leaders, so it becomes very difficult to try to impose something like quality of work or work discipline.
Pros
could be a great company if there were professionals
Cons
with self index of friends working and impossible quality of work
Very Badly Run
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Hykeham, Lincolnshire15 November 2017
Beckside North Hykeham has a very high turn over of staff to due to Bullying issues from staff members mangement are reclutent to help you out.
Left on your own , a lot to mange residents.
Residents quite often go without things due to the high turn over of staff.
If you want a life so not work here
Cons
No support staff in tears
Official response from The Orders of St Johns Care Trust
27 November 2017

We were extremely disappointed and surprised to read this review, as it does not reflect the feedback we receive from colleagues working in the home. The safety and welfare of our residents is paramount, and we are committed to ensuring they are well cared for. We take allegations like this very seriously and strongly urge you to contact the Trust so these allegations can be investigated thoroughly.

Very fulfilling career with l;ots of benefits
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cheltenham, Gloucestershire17 October 2017
Lovely staff, very welcoming, freindly and helpful. Lots of hours and overtime available to work. Good wages. very fulfilling job. lots of training available to widen your skillset and get qualifications.
Pros
Freindly staff
Cons
can get busy if working in the kitchen
Osjct
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Lincolnshire2 October 2017
Nice company to work for, friendly staff and management. I enjoy working for OSJCT and have worked over a variety of home. All training is provided by the company.
Very hard work
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cheltenham23 September 2017
You start very early at 7:30 and it is quite difficult to be on time for people without their own transport. The most enjoyable part of the job is your break
Cons
paid meals, long hours
Big organisation
Carer (Former Employee) –  Salisbury10 September 2017
They have lots of homes throughout the UK.

Reputable and reliable.

Provide quality of care.

From the reports of others, they are a good company to work for.
Pros
Big company
Cons
busy enviroment with no support
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oxford, Oxfordshire1 September 2017
my typical day was to carry out personal care ,, make beds assisit with cleaning rooms and keeping a safe place to work ..i learnt alot of skills working there ,,ive learnt about helping residents with there physio ..the management are there ,,i worked along side nurses which are the ones incharge of carers on duty ,, the hardest part of the job is the work load ..the enjoable part is to see residents improve and go home its very rewarding
Pros
clean and friendly
Cons
shifts could be better and more support
Work place
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stroud23 August 2017
The care home I worked in was a nice place but it lacked good leadership and management. If you booked holiday and someone was ill they would cancel your holiday and make you work instead of giving you a choice.
Pros
The clients were lovely
Cons
Staff were too clicky

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Orders of St Johns Care Trust. Our community is ready to answer.