Play YouTube video button
The Orders of St Johns Care Trust

The Orders of St Johns Care Trust Employee Reviews

United Kingdom189 reviews
A good organisation to work for
OSJCT put care at the centre of everything they do. You are not generating profit for the Board or Owners. Staffing levels are better than you would see in a commercial organisation
Bad management
I've never worked in such an awful place, bullying by senior staff members. I found senior staff discriminated against me as soon as I walked in the building, that's when the bullying started. There was no training nothing, they just expected you to get on with it. When I brought this to management attention I was told if I don't like it get out the building. I come from a safeguarding background and this was horrific.
Terrible company
Worked here as a cleaner. Staff always grumpy. The bully you if you arent part of their close network. Managers dont care and never sort anything. The manager's are as offish and moody as the staff and for me i coukd never approach my manager as she was always on one. Heated every day here.
Pros
Cons
Management. Staff. Atmosphere. Everything
productive and fun
A great place to work with a vast amount of training and support for individuals entering the care setting. the manager and other staff worked within a team
Poor care
The management insist their aim is to improve the care of the elderly, yet only came out of their office to get their lunch, having little insight into what was going on with the residents. Staff use their mobile phones while working, found this extremely unprofessional. Some staff ignored the basic needs of residents, such as being washed and dressed. I would not put any vulnerable person in this care home.
This Company is a great place to work and have some of the nicest people I've ever met working there. I feel valued and cared for whilst working here.
Personal care for residents, serving food. The residents have alot of knowledge and enjoy talking and having company, compassion, ànd fun at times.
Working for this order has been an eye opener. The staff and management are all supportive. It can be difficult at times but it also has its rewards. Helping the residents settle in and enjoy their experiences within the new environment they are placed in.
Worst company I’ve ever worked for
OSJCT is the worst company I’ve ever worked for and I don’t say that lightly. I was based in head office where there is a horrible bullying, blame culture. They know the carers are miserable but they don’t realise how soul destroying their head office is too. Despite being over qualified for my job, management ruined me and my confidence. My new job brought me back to my old self that OSJCT destroyed. I needed a lot of guidance from friends and family after my stint with OSJCT. I’ve never had a job do that to me. I told HR about my experience, twice, but there was never a follow up. Please avoid.
Enjoyable
Although the work was sometimes stressful there was always someone there to help you
I enjoyed my time working as a carer and learnt alot whilst doing it, if I didn't move across the country I would probably still be with the company now
Good conpany
Good company to work for. Enjoyed working for them and better pay than some other care organisations. They are a charity so less bothered about making money and more about supporting residents which makes a nice change in care work.
Not what I expected
I only worked for OSJCT for a short time. Some of the staff were very nice and professional. However some of the care leaders and deputy were unprofessional and rude to other staff members.
The induction was poor, medication training was virtually non existent. It was rushed and in my opinion was poor practice. I could go on. I'd avoid working here
Awful Place Don’t be fooled
When I first started here , I really thought I’d made a good choice to move jobs here. However don’t be fooled , it doesn’t matter how hard you work, how good you are at your job . If the Head of Care doesn’t like you , your out. They will bully you, put you down, expect you to work over your allocated hours on the basis that if you don’t , your putting the residents at risk. There is no empathy towards staff, you are just a number. There is no work life balance. If your friends with management your fine but the minute your not needed you are easily replaceable by agency staff. So many staff have now either walked out or have found other jobs, I’m surprised the HR or Top management are not looking at the pattern. It’s a shame as their are some lovely staff their, but they won’t end up stsying.
Ok
I enjoyed the job and adored the residents most staff are alright to work with. Two senior members of staff were not. One was a bully the other thought he was gods gift to women. Management was not helpful when I complained and I felt let down on a number of occasions.
I eventually got dismissed for poor absence levels but feel that could of been different if the manager cared about her employees.
Worst place ive ever worked
Awful place to work. Staff wouldn't speak or was rude. No time to be shown properly how to do paperwork or staff schedules. No proper training on medication. Didn't no what shifts i would be doing. I was told on a day to day basis. Only stayed for 2 weeks. Didn't even work my notice.
Fast paced but like a family caring environment
I love caring for residents
I work with some lovely carers

Management have high quality expectations which is good for residents and our reputation

Carers work well as a team to complete all daily tasks
Unprofessional working environment
The team are incredibly undermining of all new starters and are unfriendly and difficult throughout the job. Everyone makes sure to make each others life difficult by creating a really hostile working environment and having to navigate through that was worse than the job itself. Incredibly unprofessional.
Lovely people
Lovely people at all levels . Can be very busy with times of quiet . No 2 days the same .I love working at Grace care centre as a handy man , I have been here for 2years
Pros
Nice people, nice place
Official response from The Orders of St Johns Care Trust
2 March 2020
We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience as a Handy Person working with us at Grace. It's clear you are very passionate about what you do, which is great to read and we're so happy that you're enjoying you job.
horrific management
worked as bank, offered contract then taken away, given shifts which were then taken away without reason, notice or warning, zero communication from manager... worked here 9 months and spoke once briefly on phone. Do not recommend, the stress the manager here will put on you weekly is enough to give you a mental breakdown. some managers here would rather call agency than use their own bank workers
Official response from The Orders of St Johns Care Trust
2 March 2020
Thank you for your feedback. We were very sorry to hear about your experience as what you described does not reflect the values that we strive to achieve. If you didn't return the exit interview sent by HR when you left, please do get in touch so we can understand more about your experience. You can contact our HR Hub via email at HRHUB@osjct.co.uk. Thank you.
Unsupportive company
Very high turnover of staff, not supportive company if you worked for them,and left for transportation reasons.
Will not consider you again when you apply for a home nearer where you live.

Very disappointing!!
Great work place
Trust Values are very important and being not for profit shines through! Great pay and work/life balance. Friendly team and residents needs are always put first which is great
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Communication not always great
Major job satisfaction
I absolutely love my job. Making a resident smile is the best feeling. I am new and learning alot as I go about OSJCT. My management team is great as are the nurses and carers.
I look forward to my future progression
Pros
Work life balance, pay and job satisfaction
Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Orders of St Johns Care Trust. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8