The Oak Inn

The Oak Inn Employee Reviews

-Staff Management, allocating responsibilities and conflict resolution -Staff Rotas, allocating more staff for certain events -Safe checks, making sure the cash and the safe is balanced, transferring the information onto the cash check sheet in Microsoft Excel -Payroll, paying wages and using the payroll software -Administration work, paying bills, managing the spreadsheet and master takings from the past 2+ years, preparing the documents for the quarterly audit, basic bookkeeping, making digital adverts for the pub -Stock Management, keeping an eye on details and preparing more stock for certain events -Maintaining and collecting payment for car parking -Dealing with customers, some of them intoxicated and aggressive -Event management, managing and organising different events at the pub (Freshers, Quiz, Karaoke) -Food preparation -Beer line cleaning, to maintain the quality of the beverages.
very fun work place, busiest in the evening but overall a steady pace, the management were great, very accommodating to everybodie's social life. overall a great place to work
Rude staff, management horrific. No perks. Drinking on duty. Some of the customers are nice. But you couldnt pay me enough money to step foot in that place again.
Pros
Leaving
Cons
new management, wages are good for starting rate, shifts can be irregular and not guaranteed. If you cant do a shift they are helpful in finding you cover, otherwise they are really relaxed as long as you have a good standard of work
Pros
flexible
Cons
long hours, irregular shifts
I did not like working at the oak inn for many different reasons. firstly the staff were rude and just drank alcohol all day. I did not stay here very long.
busy pub in a city centre location. open til very late every night. the oak is a quiet pub in the day serving food but gets really busy after midnight when other venues close.
The management at The Oak Inn were very supportive in my wishes to learn new skills and develop my knowledge of the job role and higher roles within the company. I enjoyed working with my co-workers on busy nights, but generally I preferred working independently. I learned how to deal with different and varied clientèle, including those with challenging behaviour.