The Mermaid Inn Employee Reviews

Busy & hectic.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Newquay, Cornwall28 September 2017
Lovely people to work with, free meals on certain shifts. Very busy but everyone has a good sense of humour & gets through it together. Lots of people passing though every day.
Fun Workplace
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Ellington, Cambridgeshire7 September 2017
A typical day involves a high pace and busy environment. I have learnt to stay calm in stressful situations, be positive and be friendly and smiling at all times. My fellow colleagues are all extremely friendly and a pleasure to work beside.
Busy Cotswold pub
Barmaid/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Burford, Oxfordshire7 April 2017
Friendly atmosphere and good working relationships with other staff. Staff changes are quite regular in the front of house team which is unfortunate but managable
Great Place to work
manager (Current Employee) –  East Sussex2 November 2015
I have enjoyed my time at the Mermiad spending many years here working my way up the managment ladder, i have leant alot of skills here and the abilty to work well under pressure, I have enjoed working close to the owners to inprove all standardds of the hotel.
A different experience
Grill Chef (Former Employee) –  Newquay, ENG5 October 2015
A very busy work environment easy pub grub cooking but very stressful and very busy during the summer great staff shame about the owners
Pros
$8ph
Cons
long hours and no appreciation
I love this place
Waiter,Supervisor/Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Rye, ENG11 December 2014
Place, where you have to keep your self busy. Hardest part of the job - preparation. Will be it for service or for breakfast.But, good preparation is a half win !
Most enjoyable part of job is to do service and see our guests happy.
Very good location- middle of town.
Very nice owners (directors)
busy enviroment whilst still relaxed and enjoyable
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Newquay, ENG13 March 2014
working in a very busy environment and staying on top of all the staff was a challenging but also a highly enjoyable job , I lead a high role in the restraint area due to being head waiter.
Pros
free lunch and dinner, easy going staff
Cons
very busy during the hot seasons
very smart and formal
Barman, Waiter and porter (Current Employee) –  ENG19 September 2013
my day at work would be from the morning to night which would include serving customers there food and taking orders. plus setting up for other people to come into the hotel.
I have learned to work well as a team member and on my own. my great customer skills comes from this job as we have all different kinds of people come in and we have to suit there needs.
all my co-workers all get along working as a team as we all have to help each other out when the hotel gets busy.
the hardest part of the job is only being able to see my family twice a week as I am always working from morning to night and the job is very demanding with long hours.
I most enjoy working with the people and working as a waiter as its the only skill I mainly have but I am really looking forward to starting a new career.
Pros
free dinners and a long break
Cons
long hours, too far to travel everyday