The Local

The Local Employee Review

A great laugh and a pleasure to have been part of this branch
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Debden, ENG22 January 2015
*Everyday was a fulfilled day with plenty of work to be done. Dealing with customers and maintainance of an very busy Off Licence.

*I have learnt a lot about different types of alcohol brands, flavours, textures, where they came from and memorizing the information too. This helps to give customers a better service. Working lottery and paypoint machines as well as the old tills we used with having to do the opening of the shop procedures that involved typing up stuff on the till along with banking, stock take and promotions.

*I had a great relationship with my boss and to this day I still in contact after the shop unfortunately went bust in late 2009. I really got on with my manager and very satified with her management skills.

*I could not ask for such an amazing team. I seriously had a great laugh with everybody here at The Local, my main branch. I was also in contact with other members of staff from other branches and done some shifts for the Chingford Hatch and Woodford Bridge branches.

*Working within an Off Licence may have many difficult parts of the job, I can all honestly say, within these branches I worked in, I could not say, there be a hard time. Maybe, only one I can think of right now, is informing customers about certain products not in stock nor discontinued, especially near the end of our closing down date.

*I love greeting and meeting people and I thoroughly enjoyed making new friends in such a small area, it was like everybody knew us here at our store. I have such a great memory I would often get their order ready under the counter before they
  more... reached it. I really miss many of the regulars of all different ages.  less
Pros
Different amounts of staff discounts on particular products
Cons
Selling tabacco products.

Other The Local Employee Reviews

Not a very good company to work for.
Senior Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Southend24 January 2019
Expected to work long hours on minimum wage with no manager. when things don't go right the lowly workers get the blame and because of their position within the company they were dismissed.
The company have since gone bankrupt!!!
productive and fun workplace
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Southend16 August 2018
serving customers restocking shelves, taking in deliveries. after a few months i was closing the shop a night and opening in the morning which kept me very busy. The best part of the job was getting to know all the customers.