The Local Employee Review

fun work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Basildon, ENG16 February 2015
i loved my job at the local because the staff and management were very friendly and easy to get along with which made me enjoy going to every shift.

the hardest part of my job was dealing with all the drunken customer that would come in on a friday/saturday evening because some of them would get very angry when we would refuse to sell them anything.
the most enjoy able part of my job was being able to have a little bit of a laugh with my co-workers when we were restocking and also being the person that some of my customers would open up to if they were lonely, it felt good that i had cheered them up by giving them a few minutes to ask how they were and just taking an interest in their day.

i learned how to cash up my own til and how to become a team player.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
drunken fools

Other The Local Employee Reviews

Not a very good company to work for.
Senior Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Southend24 January 2019
Expected to work long hours on minimum wage with no manager. when things don't go right the lowly workers get the blame and because of their position within the company they were dismissed.
The company have since gone bankrupt!!!
productive and fun workplace
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Southend16 August 2018
serving customers restocking shelves, taking in deliveries. after a few months i was closing the shop a night and opening in the morning which kept me very busy. The best part of the job was getting to know all the customers.