The LEGO Group

The LEGO Group Employee Reviews

United Kingdom24 reviews
A very calm and casual working environment that supports remote working and independent working. A very supportive team that give back to the staff through lots of team engaging activities and events.
Worked at LEGO as a consumer service advisor for about 9 months as a transition period, commuting daily from London. Office located in Slough not so close to the station. Bit of a walk but shuttle available for staff. Excellent colleagues in a very collaborative and multi-cultural atmosphere which was very cool. Training and career opportunities were provided for those wishing to progress. Fair management. Only real issue was dealing with certain clients at the times and lateness policy, perhaps too strict given the office location.
Pros
Staff discounts, paid overtime
Cons
Weekend shifts, early starts (8am)
A culture of 'jobs for mates' and creating a competitive atmosphere that fosters distrust among low level employees in order to make higher ups look better and advance THEIR careers. Job opportunities are slim to none, and even then its who the manager is mates with that gets it. Poor pay and zero work/life balance. They'll change shifts on a whim and without asking you first.
I kind of did enjoy my time, other staff members were nice (not all). The best thing about is dealing with the parents and the kids; seeing them all happy did generally made me feel happy.

The thing I hated was the manager. He spoke about being fair and that's why we have rules in place. I will always follow the rules, the fact of the matter is, I see you break the rules.. Best hope I don't get proof of you breaking them. That manager knew this and knew how some staff members were just absolute devils to other staff members and so I complained about it. I was told off in front of everyone. Oh well, he'll just have to keep trying to do that.

I just left. They weren't listening and weren't being fair with me. Couldn't even go to school at the time because they changed my timetable last minute. The management was a nightmare.
DO NOT APPLY TO WORK AT THE LEICESTER SQUARE STORE. They do not care about their employees' mental health or physical health. You are only treated well if you suck up to management. Don't bother even thinking you'll work there long term. One week in and you'll regret ever applying for that store. They'll offer you a 16hr contract but you'll be forced to work 30hrs plus. There's nothing good about that store.
Working for the LEGO Group is a privilege. The family involvement is felt through all areas of the brand, and staff feel recognised and valued in all roles.
The most enjoyable, fulfilling and supportive job I have ever had. If it wasn't for the fact I had to relocate to an area without a LEGO store, then I would have remained with the LEGO Group for as long as possible. If another store ever opened in a commutable distance, I would apply instantly
This is a great work place that I had an internship in it was fun and creative and everyone was welcoming and interesting. They were very welcoming and helpful.
Adoro trabajar para Lego, el ambiente es agradable y mis compañeros muy mables
Gives you excellent training where you learn lots about customer service. Treat you well, allows you to have flexible hours. Work colleagues are really friendly. Overall, great place to work.
Pros
good pay, flexable hours, good training
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at The LEGO Group?
Every day was completely different. It was busy yet fun environment. My colleagues were lovely and we got on well. As employees we got to take lego sets home to build and bring for the display. Our customers were mostly young children and I learned how to be super patient.
Managers are awesome, colleagues are really nice as well. It's an easy job, good staff discount. Customers are lovely and you finish your shift happy every time!!
Great company, provides excellent training and the team building is second to none.

The management team sadly turned out to be a complete liability.
Great brand, great company.
Recent culture shift impacting current performance.

People and culture very strong in business units.

No two days the same.
Pros
Brand, Product, People
Cons
Corporate management
Normal customer servce office job with repetetive work under time pressure and a bad service quality check system.
If you get lucky and stay long enough there might be some oppertunity to grow within the company though and it really depends on the team leader.
A great and fun place to work with other like minded colleagues. The culture is great and immersive and allows you to develop your personal skills.
A typical day would consist ofor delivering a high standard of customer service and making sure the products are to the customers satisfaction. Gaining NPS to reflect on how to better the customer experience. I also gained knowledge on how to work tills and ensure that I am always enthusiastic about my work.
It is a well known brand but workload is very heavy; especially during seasons e.g. Christmas.
Employees must often work longer as there is not as much staff employed, as required.

Usual workdays are balanced with enough breaks and a not-so intensive work routine.
Pros
free gym membership, team
Cons
lower salary for so much work
LEGO ... ! Une entreprise comme je n'en avais jamais vue ! LEGO se soucie énormément de ses clients mais aussi de ses employés. L'un ne va pas sans l'autre, et ils l'ont compris.
Groupe danois qui ne cesse de grandir, beaucoup d'opportunités professionnelles et d'évolution rapide.

Très belle expérience pour ma part !
Pros
sets promotionnels LEGO gratuits, ambiance relax, LEGO partout sur les bureaux, team spirit
Cons
objectifs quotidiens, culte du "meilleur élève" ...
The company was a great company to work for, there was new challenges daily which you had to adapt to quickly, sometimes even on the spot, which helped me to better myself. I had a great team of colleagues and management working alongside me, who were in themselves supportive and helped you to improve youreself and the company. I worked in management myself whilst I was there, which let me develop my skills and improve on what I already knew. It was an enjoyable company to work for, and the staff were well looked after in every aspect. It was a shame it had to move.
Pros
Friendly welcoming colleagues
Really fun place to work at. Management and team members were fab and the work philosophy was great. Cardiff Lego store is a fab place to work and the company really looks after you as an employee and as a customer.