The Landmark London

The Landmark London Employee Reviews

Opportunities
This is a good Hotel for opportunities for training of the Front Line staff, but once you reach higher levels, this seems to stop. There are very little opportunities for advancement.
fun workplace
The Landmark London was a great experience for me as it was my first job in the hospitality industry. I learned a lot from my time there and the knowledge has helped me a lot. The workplace culture is great as it is diverse.
Stressful environment
Back of House departments is very stressful department. Managements shouting on employees. Chefs don't care when you tell him something is missing, he simply says "I don't care" ...
Hard work, beautiful environment, good location
Even though the work was physically and mentally challenging, the environment was beautiful and the management team friendly and helpful. Also, the uniforms were very nice.
Robbery at The Landmark London Hotel
The hotel that is known for its great hospitality is now deliberately giving nightmares and horrifying experiences to its customers. After the recent incident of robbery, all that they claim seems absolutely false.
The Landmark London hotel was booked from 24th June for 7 nights for my family, including wife and children. During breakfast on the third day, my wife's handbag was stolen from our table the moment we stepped away from the table to the breakfast buffet. My younger son was still sitting at the table. When we questioned about how is this possible that we come in for breakfast and within 5 mins the thief comes and flicks the bag, the manager started shaking and then he said oh this all is the biggest coincidence and you are extremely unlucky. Surprised….have u ever heard a hotel manager call his guest unlucky. We were ill-treated by the hotel staff after the incident of the robbery due to the indifferent attitude towards Indian guests.

In total, we lost more than 2500-pound 5000 euro in cash, jewelry, credit cards, etc. We were shocked and shaken by the incident, however, the value of the loss is not what concerns me the most. My intention is not to get something out of the hotel. What is lost is not really of too much consequence to me. But the loss of our sense of security, peace of mind, as well the prejudiced attitude of the staff, even at the highest level, has left us with a sense of outrage at how the situation was handled.

Worst hospitality and safety & security of the customer’s properties. Beware of The Landmark London Hotel and especially the manager
 - more...
clean and friendly
Amazing team and well worked as a team. I really enjoyed there working as a supervisor.. It was pleasure working there and learning new tasks and great training.
Pros
free meal
Cons
flexible shifts
Very experienced team and I learnt a lot
I got this work experience from my mum who worked there for a couple years and I was well looked after and learnt loads. It was 5 days working in all the kitchens.
Not too busy and great salary and commission
Enjoyable enough and lots of staff events and awards. Opportunity to progress into various areas of the hotel and everyone is approachable and friendly
Pros
Staff recognition and events career progression Free lunch good team spirit good tips and commission
Cons
Hr will not support you if you have any issues with management
okay place to work
no job work/life balance, salary and benefits are okay, no organisation, management not taking care of employees, ------------------------------------
The Landmark London
Bardzo profesjonalna firma z miedzynarowowym zespolem pracownikow. Bardzo wymagajaca i profesjonalna kadra zarzadzajaca
Productive and Joyful
On a normal day I would meet with my co workers and embrace the nature of teamwork by serving weddings and other big events. It can get very busy so everyone is always helping each other to lessen the stress. The hardest thing about the job is I have to lift heavy tables and chairs.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when you get a compliment from a customer who recognises your efforts.
Pros
Free lunch provided and dinner
Cons
Previously as a workplace it was great full of fun, but new management made it stiff,putting lots of restrictons. A rigourous rules made the business easy but hampered team work combinations. It was friendly environment then, now have no voice or choice, demoralised environment and minimum wages do not put any good impact to the employees.
Pros
Increased work force
Cons
Lack of motivation Favouritism
Bittersweet experience
Fast paced environment, with rude management and kitchen staff, understand the stress to an event but swearing and etc is not professional and only further adds to the stress. Complete Gordon Ramsey like vibes.

Very long hours, often messed up pay, however, I did enjoy the events and serving clients. 5-star hotel so it was common to see celebrities

Because it is the 0-hour contract, many students work here which is great because I too am students.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long hours, terrible management
Fun
This hotel is very big and beautiful. A lot of consideration has been taken into designing the place. I love the diverse events that happen on a daily basis such as weddings, charity event, award ceremonies, proms etc.
Pros
Meeting famous people
Cons
Bad management
Active workplace
Very activate place with not a supportive management system. Over loaded with work but not enough staff.
I am a handy working with the Landmark hotel. My day to day job can vary from changing toilets,sinks and taps to changing light bulbs and fixing door closers.

One thing i have accomplished within the Landmark is my plumbing course and learning new skills with different tradesmen.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Low salary
Hotess and Waitress
Typical day at work: arrived collect daily briefly get to the podium open the system, collect Breakfast report from frond desk and newspapers from concierge and cash From sales. Collect all menus for the service and check all email and reservation and print report for the kitchen. At 7:00 ready to run the day. Breakfast, lunch, afternoon teas service.

What did I learn: English, Guest care, High quality of service, How to be a Hostess.

Management: Well organice

Co-Workers: Professional team and very strong as individual team players

The hardest part of the job: None hardest part

The most enjoyable part of the job: The experience with all Guest and all my co-workers
Multicultural workplace
My duties include provide high customer service, using specialised skills in regards to service such as lunch service, dinner and afternoon tea (conferences, meetings, weddings, birthdays, charities), set up the ballrooms and training staff if required. Appreciating customers by identifying the range of their needs and demonstrate knowledge of the services offered by The Landmark London Hotel and ability to respond to the needs of customers to minimise conflict.
Multicultural workplace.
It was energetic, fun ,rewarding and productive work place.
Our typical day at work was preparation for the events, helping guests and serving them. I have learned 5 star silver service Landmark way, became more confident while I am dealing with guests, learned how to help , deal and train the colleagues. I had good managers with excellent guidance and good with staff. I had very good co-workers with all different countries had good friendship. Hardest part of the job was working long hours and tight turnarounds
between the events and enjoyable part is when event goes very well and satisfaction for the client.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Landmark London. Our community is ready to answer.
The Landmark London Reviews by Location