The Hunny Nurseries Ltd

The Hunny Nurseries Ltd Employee Reviews

Featured review
The Hunny Nurseries Ltd selected this as a representative review
The entire staff were kind and friendly. They assisted me well, as I was only working for college placement. The children were all kind and the children were always the staffs first priority.
Pros
Flexible hours
I started working at the Hunny Hive in November, the staff and management are very friendly and welcoming. Every nursery is different but I have never felt so comfortable and supported to learn the Hunny Hive way! I would highly recommend this nursery, whether it being for work or for your child to attend. My daughter attends the preschool, she settled very quickly and loves her days at the nursery as the days are jam packed with fun filled activities and the staff are brilliant!!
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
19 January 2021
Staff and management are all very welcoming and accommodating. There is is a high standard of care provided to the children staff and parents involved in the setting. Amazing company to work for!
Pros
Great staff and management, fun and enjoyable place to work
19 January 2021
Fantastic place to work. Both staff and a management are friendly and efficient. Children are at the heart of everything. I as a parent would be proud to have my child attending such a setting. Management do their very best to support all of their staff and parents. Colleagues are more like family.
Pros
Management, colleagues, parent partnerships
19 January 2021
The hunny nurseries are a fab company to work for. They are caring, supportive and professional.No questions big or small are too much and they are always looking to better their staff.The way the staff are trained to best support the children's learning and development is the best I've received from any other nursery.No matter what the children come first :)You are treated as part of the family.
Pros
Supportive management.
Cons
Not a job for the uncommitted.
19 January 2021
Such a lovely, welcoming atmosphere to work in. Fast paced and very busy with consistent high expectations throughout but no two days are the same. The staff and my colleagues at the settings have become my extended family and I wouldn’t want anyone else to bring up my children (both have attended the settings) The directors and management are passionate about teaching and learning and ensuring care needs are being met. This enabling all children have the best outcomes for future life. The staff are dedicated, committed and compassionate towards every child and make them feel at home (especially during the current covid climate!) The atmosphere is always positive and happy and there are always ways to boost our moral and show our efforts are acknowledged, from room challenges to staff buffet lunches and employee of the month where we are praised and rewarded for our hard work throughout the months. I have worked for this company for my entire childcare profession, from starting as an apprentice and working my way up throughout the company. Progression is always something the management is keen to support and to develop your extensive skill set further. I have no intentions on leaving and I am proud to work for such a wonderful company.
19 January 2021
Can now see why there is a high turn over of staff with this company!It is really badly managed!, very disorganised and bad communication from all. Work environment is toxic, lots of belittling and undermining going on.Don't believe they take pride in what they do, is definitely not high quality service they provide, the children should be getting the best and they aren't!. Would not recommend anyone to work for this company!
Pros
Only working with the children
Cons
Bad disorganised management, vile staff, very poor service provides!
19 January 2021
I'm truly sorry that you did not like our management team. We have worked really hard to ensure we provide a welcoming environment for all of our staff. It saddens us as a company that you felt that you needed to put a review on a recruitment site rather than talk to us personally, as a whole we have many staff who are happy and enjoy their time at work.
The management was so poor that she’d come home crying after every shift! They don’t look after their staff and bully and favourite staff, so if you aren’t the favourite staff member then the work environment will be terrible for you, this place is awful I wouldn’t apply to work here and I definitely wouldn’t send your children here it’s not something they need to be around , overall a bad experience.
Pros
Cons
Poor management
15 December 2020
The best children and families ever! Each day is packed with fun learning for the children and me. I feel valued and supported everyday as the company want the best for us all.
Pros
Fun, enjoyable, best team, supportive managers, feel valued.
If I could leave no stars I would. Awful place to work, horrible atmosphere and so much pressure put on the girls for pennies! Managers are not nice to staff and what a shame as a nursery is meant to be a lovely place of work
Pros
Children
Cons
Managers
15 December 2020
I'm truly sorry that you did not like our management team. We have worked really hard to ensure that we provide a welcoming environment for all of our staff. It saddens us as a company that you felt you needed to put a review on a recruitment site rather than talk to us personally, as a whole we have many staff who are happy and enjoy their time at work.
The staff and management at the hunny bear are lovely and all work so well together. They have high standards for caring and supporting staff, children and parents. I have been working here for nearly 7 years now and have enjoyed every second of it.
Pros
Everyone works well as a team
Cons
I have worked within the Hunny Nurseries now for 6 and a half years, I have worked my way up from an apprentice and have enjoyed every step of the way. Management are there for support when you need it and staff all have a welcoming approach. They have been a lovely company to work for and have helped build my confidence up!
a typical day is very stressful, staff do not appreciate the struggles people go through and when this impacts on work life it can make the job more stressful. when something went wrong the staff criticised people. the management are just the same judgmental, not one ounce of compassion when a member of staff is struggling.
Pros
wages
Cons
management
19 January 2021
The Hunny Nurseries have supported me in my career development allowing me to progress a number of times. They deliver an outstanding training package and cascade down their wealth of knowledge to ensure the settings are running to a high standard. I have worked here many years and have always felt supported not only in the work place but also on a personal level. The team in all of the nurseries are welcoming and display a caring manner to the children and their working team.
I am currently working at the hunny nursery for 6 months now and I have loved every moment of it. The support I am receiving from directors, managers and staff members is amazing, it is the best nursery I have ever work for! The open door policy works wonders and the manager is always there if we need a chat 😁.
The nursery work ethic they have for the children's learning and development is amazing. The practitioners, room leaders and management work so well together and have a high standards on caring and supporting the children. Cannot praise this nursery enough. Truly flawless.
I had worked for the Hunny Nurseries for a few years. My son also attended one of the settings. Whilst I was there I was offered nothing but support from the directors and management. The training they offer is second to none and there is opportunity to progress if that is what your looking for within your career. I couldn’t have worked for a better place. As a nursery I couldn’t praise them enough. They supported me with my son and the care he received was amazing. The care for the children is paramount across all the Hunny Nurseries. The standard is high and I would expect no less.
13 January 2020
Thank you for taking the time to give us a positive review. As a company we do set high standards to ensure the best outcomes for the children and their families and it is reassuring to hear that you appreciated working in an environment where you were encouraged to strive to be the best!
I have worked for the company for 6 years and I endeavour to continue to in the future. The company has a huge focus on staff development and training, I started as a practitioner and have now completed both my level 2 and 3 qualification but learning does not stop there. The directors lead training often which is so supportive when changes occur and also for future progression. I feel massively valued as a member of staff and there are lots of opportunity for healthy competitions against rooms or employee of the month awards which prizes are given. Recently my room won an award for the best display! Management are very supportive and understanding and always on site, you will also see the directors on site which is different to other companies I have worked for. To work for the company you need to be driven and eager to learn to provide the best care for the children, but hard work pays off and you will be rewarded for it.
13 January 2020
Thank you for taking the time to give a positive review. We value all employees; current and past and we are happy to know you are finding your time at The Hunny Nurseries an empowering one.
I worked for the Hunny Nurseries for 10 years, Within this time I received various different training opportunities, the training within the company is of a high standard because they want the children to receive the highest quality of care whilst within the settings. The management team are professional and hands on always offering the staff support and encouragement. My daughter will continue to attend the Hunny Nurseries as the care and development support she receives is the best and she loves her time there. If the opportunity came up for me to rejoin the Hunny Nurseries I wouldn’t have to think twice about it.
13 January 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. As a company we strive to achieve the best outcomes for the children we care for and develop our staff to their full potential. It is nice to hear that despite now leaving the company you had a positive experience working for us.
I worked at a Hunny nursery for two years before leaving for my own reasons. This Nursery group is outstanding and treats workers with the respect they deserve, they give the best training and there are always opportunities to further your career. In any setting managers are put in situations that are difficult and sometimes need dealing in ways people do not like if they are on the recieving end of constructive criticism, but it is always done to help workers, keep to the Hunny way and most importantly keep children safe, because in the hunnies eyes the children are always paramount. In the 2 years I worked here children were looked after amazingly and had opportunities to grow and develop. I would definitely recommend this employer and would go back myself in the future if it was right for me.
13 January 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a positive review. As a company we do set high standards to ensure the best outcomes for the children and their families and it is reassuring to hear that you appreciated working in an environment where you were encouraged to strive to be the best.
I have worked for the Hunny Nurseries for 12 years because they are a fantastic company to work for. Over the years they have supported and helped me achieve all of the qualifications I needed to fulfil my role. As a single parent they have always been flexible and understanding of my needs, bending over backwards to accommodate me when I needed help and support. They are always fair and are open to listen and are very conscious of their employees well being. I couldn't imagine working anywhere else.