The Hillingdon Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

productive
Health Care Assistant / Seconded Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  London14 October 2018
It is crucial to start your working career as a nurse in acute sector . I've learned basic nursing, hands on, decision making under pressure. 24/7 open business / shift working.
Student Physician Associate (Current Employee) –  All the clinical divisions5 August 2018
Hillingdon hospital is a great place to learn. Have been lucky to do most of my clinical placements here. The consultants are very willing to teach students. There are numerous teaching sessions organised, either in the mornings before start of the shift or at lunch time. You also learn alot during ward rounds.
Consultants are also happy for students to sit-in during outpatient clinics or shadow them doing clincical procedures such as surgery, endoscopy, scanning etc. Patients don't mind students sitting in during their consultations in the outpatient clinics as well as observing them during the ward rounds. Most patients are happy for students to go back after the ward rounds and take histories as well as examin them which is wonderful since we dont get such opportunities in the university to see actual pathologies.
As a student I feel have learnt and still learning alot here. I would recommend Hillingdon hospital to other potential students.
Pros
Learning opportunities
Cons
Bully junior doctors - some, not all
Good place to start your career
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Uxbridge, Greater London1 August 2018
Hillingdon is a good place to start your career...but not to stay.
You get burned out quickly and there is no care for the staff.
Hr is very slow and management doesn't care not even that you're not signed off to do things or you don't have a uniform and so on.
The workload is ...massive epecially in A&E dept.
Pros
Enhancements
Cons
Long hours ....too long...from 7 to 8 15pm no paid breaks etc
Medical Administration
Administrator (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon27 March 2017
I have awful memories of working there. I've never worked so hard and I was left anxious and burnt out.

I've worked in similar roles before and heard the usual complaints from staff about workload but we all seemed to muddle through. However Mount Vernon is always oversubscribed resulting in an unsustainable workload.

There was satisfaction dealing with patients and being part of their care, putting them at their ease and keeping them informed.

All subsequent jobs have felt like a walk in the park.
Pros
Support from other secretaries
Cons
Too far from local shops for a good break
Challenging
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hillingdon, Greater London27 March 2017
Very challenging environment to work in due to the fast paced nature and lack of funding etc, but the rewards are there if you actively try and help the teams and patients