The Hillingdon Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

Unprofessional, Bullying and Awful place to work
Corporate role (Current Employee) –  Hillingdon, Greater London14 January 2019
This is the worst Trust I have ever worked at. It is unprofessional and way behind the times. The management culture is appalling and there is a lot of bullying and harassment. There is no career development just lots of false promises. There is little regard for due process and as a results patient safety is compromised. There is a complete lack of learning incident after incident and senior management has no regard for it. The people on the ground are well intentioned but burnt out bullied and not supported. CQC were polite with an inadequate rating. I’m hopeful with the new Chief Exec the trust can turn a corner but there needs be a reality check and reshuffle between mid and upper management- not all are bad but it’s a case of an exception to the rule. If you want to progress your career this is not the place.
Pros
Cons
No support, bullying, poor systems and processes
Nice Workplace
Hospital Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Uxbridge9 January 2019
Was quite nice to work in such a friendly environment with lovelt staff members who were ever so friendly and kind. Overal had a lovely experience in the days whihci I was there
Bank- Healthcare Assistant
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  London7 December 2018
I worked bank (agency) shifts as a health care assistant in various wards within Hillingdon Hospital. Throughout my time spent withinn this establishment I providing excellent care and support to patients, families and members of the multidisciplinary team assisting in the holistic care of patients.
productive
Health Care Assistant / Seconded Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  London14 October 2018
It is crucial to start your working career as a nurse in acute sector . I've learned basic nursing, hands on, decision making under pressure. 24/7 open business / shift working.
Hillingdon THH
ADMINISTRATOR (temporary contract) (Former Employee) –  Hillingdon, Greater London18 August 2018
Excellent place to work, great valued experience gained. Eye opener into the world of Health Care organisation.
Good team work, all around, and lovely environment to work in.
Good Place to work
Ward Administrator (Former Employee) –  Riverside centre8 August 2018
The team I worked with always friendly, polite and helpful. Management very approachable, fair.
Most enjoyable being part of a team that were happy to help, want to help.
Pros
Good Team
Cons
Its a job
Student Physician Associate (Current Employee) –  All the clinical divisions5 August 2018
Hillingdon hospital is a great place to learn. Have been lucky to do most of my clinical placements here. The consultants are very willing to teach students. There are numerous teaching sessions organised, either in the mornings before start of the shift or at lunch time. You also learn alot during ward rounds.
Consultants are also happy for students to sit-in during outpatient clinics or shadow them doing clincical procedures such as surgery, endoscopy, scanning etc. Patients don't mind students sitting in during their consultations in the outpatient clinics as well as observing them during the ward rounds. Most patients are happy for students to go back after the ward rounds and take histories as well as examin them which is wonderful since we dont get such opportunities in the university to see actual pathologies.
As a student I feel have learnt and still learning alot here. I would recommend Hillingdon hospital to other potential students.
Pros
Learning opportunities
Cons
Bully junior doctors - some, not all
Good place to start your career
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Uxbridge, Greater London1 August 2018
Hillingdon is a good place to start your career...but not to stay.
You get burned out quickly and there is no care for the staff.
Hr is very slow and management doesn't care not even that you're not signed off to do things or you don't have a uniform and so on.
The workload is ...massive epecially in A&E dept.
Pros
Enhancements
Cons
Long hours ....too long...from 7 to 8 15pm no paid breaks etc
Lively and different
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hillingdon Hospital9 May 2018
The work days are always different. The main jobs included checking patients observations, and looking after their overall welfare. On a normal day I would look after 5 patients, but if understaffed, I would have to look after up to 10 at once. Most staff are friendly, I was on 'bank' which meant I would be in a new ward every shift. Hardest part of the job are the hours and the nicest part is the meeting of new people.
HR Business Partner (Former Employee) –  Uxbridge, Greater London25 April 2018
Busy working environment but rewarding supporting mental health services. Enjoyed working with the service lines I looked after. Hardest part was the culture
Pros
Canteen on site
Cons

Want to know more about The Hillingdon Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust?

Ask a question
Friendly and productive workplace
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Middlesex16 February 2018
At the Hillingdon Hospital league of friends, it was a volunteering opportunity. I was able to serve customers with tea and coffee to customers. The workplace culture is very friendly and calm and it was enjoyable to say the least.
Pros
Volunteering
Cons
short hours
Satisfectory
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London21 October 2017
i have been working in hillingdon hospital since 2014 as phlebotomist. working as team staff are excellent helpng each othets most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
lunch in canteen get 20%staff discount
Cons
8 hours
fast pace hospital
Patient Flow Coordinator (Former Employee) –  London18 September 2017
Lots of opportunity to move within the nhs. Pay scale better in Devon. Staff and workplace nice environment. Worked here for 9 years before moving to Devon. Miss is loads.
Pros
lots of opportunity
Cons
expensive for staff parking
A friendly atmosphere with hardworking colleagues
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London30 August 2017
A typical day at work could be either mundane or very exciting. However, most of the times, personally I have tried my best to make my moments at work extremely delightful. I have learnt how to work effectively and how to motivate myself.
just experience
Experience (Former Employee) –  London Borough of Ealing, Greater London2 July 2017
not paid work just experience nothing much to sai. i just shadowed a couple of doctors and a few of the hospital staff for a couple of days. it was interesting to observe patients
Okay if you are able to handle long hours
Student Midwife (Former Employee) –  Hillingdon6 June 2017
The job itself is very rewarding. However the long hours can take a toll on you. Furthermore, depending on which mentor you get they are very helpful or extremely unhelpful. It could go either way. The CPF's are amazing!
Pros
Feeling of fulfilment
Cons
Long hours and no pay
Nice workplace
Ward Hostess (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London30 April 2017
Part time role Serving dinners to patients in wards. Learnt the structure of hospital operations. Management was suportive. Hardest part was seeing seriously unwell patients
Challenging and fun
Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  london hillingdon11 April 2017
I did a week of work experience which allowed me to shadow an admin assistant, this experience allowed me to develop my communication skills as well as time management as I went around the hospital delivering uniforms to various departments. as well as this I learnt how to fill in uniform forms and fill out the data base spreadsheet. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting loads of different people on a daily basis, the hardest part of the job was being able to try and recover the back log of deliveries that had to be made.
Medical Administration
Administrator (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon27 March 2017
I have awful memories of working there. I've never worked so hard and I was left anxious and burnt out.

I've worked in similar roles before and heard the usual complaints from staff about workload but we all seemed to muddle through. However Mount Vernon is always oversubscribed resulting in an unsustainable workload.

There was satisfaction dealing with patients and being part of their care, putting them at their ease and keeping them informed.

All subsequent jobs have felt like a walk in the park.
Pros
Support from other secretaries
Cons
Too far from local shops for a good break
Challenging
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hillingdon, Greater London27 March 2017
Very challenging environment to work in due to the fast paced nature and lack of funding etc, but the rewards are there if you actively try and help the teams and patients