The Hillingdon Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

The Hillingdon Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

United Kingdom42 reviews
Challenging environment to work in which allows you to develop your personal skills.
Fantastic opportunities to develop a firm clinical foundation as a band 6 rotational pharmacist.

Little management support or encouragement for existing long-term staff to undertake professional development to improve work-based skills due to permanent short staffing

Management is very slow to incorporate modern ways of working and switching to digital technology for speed and efficiency

Very friendly staff and department
Pros
Staff benefits as per NHS
Cons
Only willing to allow flexible working / work from home for certain staff members
Good to work here.some people are really friendly.have to work hard to achieve targets.work with tight deadlines(quarterly) and working proactively on daily basis.
busy place but interesting
Teams are really collaborante

caseload really heavy most of the time

community midwifery should be more supported

safeguarding context really heavy
Hillingdon Hospital is a fast paced ever changing environment. It requires the ability to adapt to changes and working with staff/patients at all levels.
From the moment I walked into this Hospital I knew the culture was what I wanted to be a part of. The staff are all so warm they greet you with a smile. It’s so important that you feel valued and appreciated in your job. I feel this at this Hospital. I came as an interim but was made to feel like I belonged there.

Well done and keep it up.
Working for admin assistant for Hillingdon hospital do not go near

The management is the worst I have seen

They Have u over working and doing jobs that are not part of your contract

Nothing. More to. Say
Pros
Work colleges
Cons
Manger
Lovely people but staff who leave are not replaced, and work is being given to everyone to do. No pleases or thank yous. Lots of bad managers. Very stressful. Stayed at work after hours, took work home to complete, No time off in lieu. No pay rise for past 6 years.
Pros
Lovely staff
Cons
Too many to mention
Did enjoy working with this company. Very relaxed and flexible place to work. Salary is also good and a lot of room to work up the ladder. Management is also very friendly
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Long shifts
The hospital needs overall improvement in the installations. Friendly atmosphere with colleagues and low stress level. Unsocial hours are minimal in the surgical nursing posts.
This is the worst Trust I have ever worked at. It is unprofessional and way behind the times. The management culture is appalling and there is a lot of bullying and harassment. There is no career development just lots of false promises. There is little regard for due process and as a results patient safety is compromised. There is a complete lack of learning incident after incident and senior management has no regard for it. The people on the ground are well intentioned but burnt out bullied and not supported. CQC were polite with an inadequate rating. I’m hopeful with the new Chief Exec the trust can turn a corner but there needs be a reality check and reshuffle between mid and upper management- not all are bad but it’s a case of an exception to the rule. If you want to progress your career this is not the place.
Pros
Cons
No support, bullying, poor systems and processes
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at The Hillingdon Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust?
Was quite nice to work in such a friendly environment with lovelt staff members who were ever so friendly and kind. Overal had a lovely experience in the days whihci I was there
I worked bank (agency) shifts as a health care assistant in various wards within Hillingdon Hospital. Throughout my time spent withinn this establishment I providing excellent care and support to patients, families and members of the multidisciplinary team assisting in the holistic care of patients.
It is crucial to start your working career as a nurse in acute sector . I've learned basic nursing, hands on, decision making under pressure. 24/7 open business / shift working.
Excellent place to work, great valued experience gained. Eye opener into the world of Health Care organisation.
Good team work, all around, and lovely environment to work in.
The team I worked with always friendly, polite and helpful. Management very approachable, fair.
Most enjoyable being part of a team that were happy to help, want to help.
Pros
Good Team
Cons
Its a job
Hillingdon is a good place to start your career...but not to stay.
You get burned out quickly and there is no care for the staff.

Hr is very slow and management doesn't care not even that you're not signed off to do things or you don't have a uniform and so on.

The workload is ...massive epecially in A&E dept.
Pros
Enhancements
Cons
Long hours ....too long...from 7 to 8 15pm no paid breaks etc
The work days are always different. The main jobs included checking patients observations, and looking after their overall welfare. On a normal day I would look after 5 patients, but if understaffed, I would have to look after up to 10 at once. Most staff are friendly, I was on 'bank' which meant I would be in a new ward every shift. Hardest part of the job are the hours and the nicest part is the meeting of new people.
Busy working environment but rewarding supporting mental health services. Enjoyed working with the service lines I looked after. Hardest part was the culture
Pros
Canteen on site
Cons
At the Hillingdon Hospital league of friends, it was a volunteering opportunity. I was able to serve customers with tea and coffee to customers. The workplace culture is very friendly and calm and it was enjoyable to say the least.
Pros
Volunteering
Cons
short hours
i have been working in hillingdon hospital since 2014 as phlebotomist. working as team staff are excellent helpng each othets most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
lunch in canteen get 20%staff discount
Cons
8 hours
Lots of opportunity to move within the nhs. Pay scale better in Devon. Staff and workplace nice environment. Worked here for 9 years before moving to Devon. Miss is loads.
Pros
lots of opportunity
Cons
expensive for staff parking
Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Hillingdon Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. Our community is ready to answer.
The Hillingdon Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust Reviews by Location