Play YouTube video button

The Guinness Partnership Employee Reviews

United Kingdom192 reviews
Featured review
The Guinness Partnership selected this as a representative review
I started working for Guinness Care around 2 years without much experience, and have to say I felt very welcomed by the staff team and the training I recieved was outstanding. I have since gone on to complete my level 2 RQF in health and social care and due to be starting my level 3 in the next few months. The Management team are continuously looking for ways to improve their services and always take on board your ideas and suggestions. It's a fantastic company to work for and I would recommend them to anyone looking for a career in care.
Management in positions that clearly have no idea. Employees act and treat other employees as job worth’s. So unprofessional at every stage from offering a position to you leaving. Low paid and treated like a jobseeker. Would steer well away from any position and highly recommend anyone think twice prior to accepting any job with this bunch of cowboys. In fact, I think I’d rather be on the dole rather than work for these. You might as well go to work everyday with ya pants down because ya gonna pineapple’d because they really have no idea.........
Pros
None apart from the managers are think So ya can get away with anything
Cons
To many to list
Assessing buildings for structural and compliance defects and carrying out building surveys for planned maintenance. Duty’s included communicating And dealing with members of the public and contractors. Preparing and inspecting quality / quantity sheets for building materials.
Stay clear. You have no hope with progression unless you’re one of the favourites, in which case you and the work you do goes unnoticed. Need extra training? Don’t ask for help to help you improve the job you do, you won’t get it. They’ll make excuses in the way of high work volume coming in but will give more training to staff that have already been in the company for years who don’t need it.

HR are only there to support the managers and never there to help the employees. Company claims to have mental health first aiders to support struggling staff - Rest assured if you have mental health issues you’ll be pushed out of your job rather than getting the support you’re entitled to from a decent manager.

Managers have been known to behave inappropriately with other staff members during work hours on the premises and still get to keep their jobs, yet those who do their job and Keep their record clean are pushed out without warning.

Horrendous company to work for, stay clear unless you’re prepared to sleep your way up the food chain. No wonder there is such a high turn over rate with staff, anyone with half a brain wouldn’t put themselves through the toxicity of Guinness management.
Pros
Salary
Cons
I don’t have enough hours in the day to list
The CEO hasn't a clue how to run a social housing association, New broom sweeps clean. They dont care about the staff your just a number and line managers bully and patrionise good hard workers.
Pros
Cons
It is a con
I loved my time working for Guinness they supported my through adjusting rotas to benefit me being a mother, they offered me lots of training, manager were always there when you needed them. The home was always kept to high spec by staff and the customers were supported fantastically. Amazing staff team and customers.
Pros
Loved it all
Cons
Lack of staff
I enjoyed working for the Guinness Partnership. The work was varied so it was never boring.

I started as a temp but was offered a permanent position through the restructure. It was great to start with but the team leader that was employed was very poor and had very poor leadership skills.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor management
Excellent place to work.good support from management. Training is a big issue, plenty of scope to develop. There is always good updates on the intrrnet such as support for maginal groups. Plenty of activities in and outside work to take part in.
Pros
Good salary and benefits
Cons
Too many managers
Not a great culture of support for employees within IT. Backward looking in terms of training and investing in people...

Good points are its a great cause to be working for.
Temp contract, I had issues with the building I worked at, management didn't care about the elderly. Health and safety issues re leaking roof and asbestos.
Receive tasks for the day on the previous evening and check this against any issues that may arise with management. The expert planning and organisation result in very few phone calls to management being required. Majority of work involves repairing walkways for elderly or infirm tenants who are mainly classed as vulnerable. This work is very enjoyable.
At the time tI was there the HR department wasn't the best environment to work. There were lots of office politics and the management team at the time were quite draconian.

There was no flexibility and this fed down through the staff which didn't make a great working environment
I was self employed for 12 years then joined Guinness on the tools and it was best decision I ever made. I might not be earning as much but it’s regular decent pay without worrying when there’s dips in work coming in. I went from working 7 days a week at all hours to working five 8 hour days and feels like I’ve got my life back to spend time with my kids and you can’t put a price on that.
Some nice people and overall relaxed atmosphere but hard work doesn't seem to pay off. The more you do, the more they expect....very much a culture of if you can cope, give you extra workload.Lots of false promises, which make you feel undervalued.
friendly team, and managers are friendly, but the work can be repetitive with difficult targets. It is completely dependant on what you enjoy though, the work can be stressful
Interesting a varied roles at this organisation. Good social purpose. Good benefits. Plenty of training and regular 121's with your manager. Lots of different offices to chose from.
Management push you out when you report things!! Your expected as senior to give up life outside of work! Money is worth more than well being of service users!
At last, I thought a Company that really cares about it's Staff, but that soon changes. They talk the talk but they're not as nice as they make out. No different than any other Care Company.
A great working environment and the opportunities to learn and develop. You must have a can do attitude and be prepared to go the extra mile. Strong customer focus is essential.
Forward looking dynamic company. Allow innovation and ingenuity. Friendly atmosphere, but busy environment. Colleagues are eager to help.
Line Manager very supportive. Company provides tool to work. You are allowed to find an innovative and efficient way to solve identified challenges of your tasks
Very fair understanding and excellent company to work for if I had not moved to Wales , I would still be working for them unfortunately they have no positions in Wales.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Guinness Partnership. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7