The Guinness Partnership Employee Reviews

Brilliant Place to work
Facilities Administrator (FTC) (Current Employee) –  Crewe, Cheshire16 March 2018
A really nice place to work, an absolute pleasure to work for with warm and friendly staff. Could not work for a better company. I have really enjoyed my time here at Guinness and will be sorry to leave.
I just hope I can work for as nicer company in the futre.
Pros
Everything, workload, managers, staff, benefits, location
Cons
Shoking complany, poor management no progression
Environmental Officer (Former Employee) –  Oldham, Greater Manchester7 March 2018
I worked here for 5 years and the business just got worse and worse. it became about making a profit and they didn't care who they stepped on to get there whether that be tenants, contractors or their own staff. Micro managed within an inch of despair, constantly picking holes in you as people and in your work life. Absolutely awful company - working here had a serious detrimental affect on my mental health after being bullied by my manager and having absolutely no support from HR. Absolutely the worst company I have ever worked for. Please apply with caution
Pros
Cons
bullying; no progression; clicky;
Micro Managed To Within An Inch Of Your Life
Customer Accounts Advisor (Former Employee) –  Oldham, Greater Manchester11 February 2018
Stressful boiling pot and constant pressure.

Went to TGP believing what they say about it being a great place to work. I was really lioking firward to getting settled there. Worst. Move. Ever.

My advice. Do not go to for a job in CAT (customer accounts team) or CSC (customer service centre).

Heavily targeted, micro managed to within an inch of your life, low morale - experienced staff have fled to other departments or left.

Staff turnover in CAT and CSC is ridiculous and that speaks volumes.

No matter how much you do, or how hard you work it will never be enough!!

1-2-1s every month, 6 months AND yearly, like writing covering letter for cv every month. It's time consuming, draining, and serves no purpose.
Yearly review = assess yourself and say all the great stuff you did.....then your manager puts yours scores so low no one other than top management get the yearly bonus.
True story.

'Just Say' , the staffs confidential whistleblowing procedure is NOT confidential AT ALL.

Staff question why they can't book annual leave on Saturdays. Staff told they can book Saturday's if they like..... but they will be made to work more Saturdays if they want that option !!! So no option was given really... just an exercise so management can say to senior management that they gave staff the option!!

Monthly rotas given out one week prior to beginning new monthly rota. Cannot plan ahead.
Staff told by Department Head they are "naive to try to plan Saturdays ahead" !! Whaaaaat??!!!

Targeted on number of outbound calls made per hour, cash collected per hour (and
  more... weekly, monthly), setting direct debits, repayment plans, call handling time, after call handling time, call quality - as in - tick boxes for buzz words such as prompting DD, escalating accounts , doing Income & Expenditure checks, to name but a few!

More spreadsheets and target trackers than you can shake a stick at.

Constantly made to feel like your job was under threat.

Please don't get sick, you will have more meetings about it than you know what to do with!

I did meet some nice people but it's hard to make friends when talking is not allowed, oh, and when you complain they are trying to give more 12-8 shifts your team manager will tell you to "suck it up". I speak the truth :(
Pros
Tram stop. Morrisons.
Cons
Car parking is a nightmare unless you get there by 8. You need to be a 'yes man' to get progressed
Dont get a job here!!!
Electricians Mate (Former Employee) –  Oldham, Greater Manchester11 January 2018
When you start a new job you should be made to feel welcome and at ease,these people are jealous of new faces, I was made to feel very very awkward straight away! I worked in the electrical department and the electricians think they're something special because they've been there for longer than you,they're also bad backstabbers I tried everything to be nice and had to really bite my tongue everyday, in the end I left as if I didn't I would of ended up smacking a few of them!!My advice would be to steer clear but if you do get a job there remember this review because trust me they'll be the same with any new face!(as one of only 2 decent lads in the whole firm informed me!!!) BE WARNED!
Pros
Leaving!
Cons
Too many to list
Very good company.
Estate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes9 January 2018
I've worked for Guinness for nearly 2 years now and I must say that I can't fault them at all.
Training is first class,Management support is top notch at all levels and departments.
I've gained more recognised qualifications here in 2 years than at my previous 2 company's over a 15 year period.
I'd recommend to anyone working for Guinness for career progression/training and happy working environment.
Pros
Training and Support.
Cons
Zilch!
Hard Working and Fun to work for
Apprentice Business Administrator (Former Employee) –  Oldham6 January 2018
This Company are a very busy and hard working company within all this they like to keep things fun so that you enjoy coming to work everyday and it is such a nice environment and the people and kind and caring there.
Pros
Couldn't fault
Worst Company i've ever worked for
day care and support enabler (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, Devon6 January 2018
Worst Company i've ever worked for.
Low moral of all the staff, management is to busy trying to get one up on each other to worry about their staff or customers.
Timings to get to houses are ridiculous and they pay rubbish for the amount of petrol you use.
They expect you to change your plans to work on your days off.
You don't get any extra for bank holidays
They pay wrong and it takes a long time to sort it out.
Management are rude.
I was very stressed working here and i hated every second of it.
I would not recommend this company to anyone.

I left after two months of being there and when i handed my notice in it was with immediate affect. I started a new job within the hospital and needed a reference. They refused to give me one and passed it on to the head office which then passed it back. Also when my new company rang they said that Guinness still had me down as employed with them. I rang Guinness and they knew nothing about it, finally in December when leaving in October they finally accepted my leaving notice.
Pros
meeting some lovely customers
Cons
management, timings, pay
Committed colleagues and hard working
Housing Officer (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, Derbyshire7 December 2017
The role I work in is very reactive and rewarding. There are some challenges which are due to the company being so large however, the people there are great to work alongside.

At times, there feels like a constant change is needed with reviews taking place every 18 months. This can be difficult to ever feel settled.
ok
Homes To Let Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greater Manchester9 November 2017
not a bad place to work, working with contracts not great.
met some nice people, not the best environment, probably better in other places. learnt a lot
Housing (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London7 November 2017
Having worked for other housing associations, they have some way to go.

A lot of restructures happening and looking to move on due to lack of job security,

Want to know more about The Guinness Partnership?

Ask a question
Awful
Senior Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cheltenham, Gloucestershire29 September 2017
I started with this company in 2014 and loved it. Changed management in 2017 and it has fell apart. No respect from the director, rude And ignorant. HR is poorly run, rude and aggressive towards staff if we have problems, Guinness will cover up lots of safe guarding issues, concerns from carers and family complaints.

You'll be lucky if they pay you correct or even at all.
Under paid by £2000+ company refused to pay
Pros
Nice clients
Cons
The company
Good Pay and Benefits.
Customer Accounts Advisor (Current Employee) –  Oldham20 July 2017
I have been here almost a year now and it has overall been a positive and productive experience .Initial Training was a bit patchy to be honest .I'm from a long collection & recoveries background which equipped me well to transition to this role but was new to housing- so had to learn as I went along.
The pay and benefits are really good and you would be hard pushed to find the same salary for the same or similar job elsewhere. No trouble booking holidays apart from March (year end ) which is blacked out and is a bit of a bind. Variety of shifts and you are able to swap with colleagues.

There has been a considerable amount of change and restructuring but the company seems committed to providing an excellent customer experience and maximising income which will ultimately benefit everyone. The amount and frequency of change and restructuring in Income recovery some times makes your head spin. I have moved desks 6 times so far.

Physical working environment is decent - top notch loos, break out areas and kitchen under refurbished. Good staff restaurant and cash machine on site. OK to park. Very handy for metrolink - right next door!

The managers I have had have been great- supportive, easy to get along with and helpful. I've met some really nice colleagues as well and really get along with my own team members.

Annual pay reviews and increase to established rate after 12 months.
Pros
Pay; holidays, facilities, managers
Cons
Constant change and restructuring.
Great Support
Housing Options Officer (Current Employee) –  Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire15 July 2017
Colleagues and Management are a great support- Lots of e-learning and courses to attend.

Probation period 6 months I have undertaken 3 Months- Job involves financial knowledge which I did not know about and do not have these skills
Pros
train fares paid to meetings
Cons
some parts of the job not known before I applied
Large Housing Association that felt too large geographically at the end!
Housing Manager (Former Employee) –  Manchester3 July 2017
I got into housing to make a difference within communities and to people's lives. Sadly, cutting back on local offices and constantly changing the set up of the business - left a hollow business - people just there to do the job with less and less feeling! Very much focused on London and the South. Flexible working had been taken away which caused moral and working attitude to shift towards 9-5 grunts - whereas before you got in early and stayed late depending on the work you had on. I learnt a lot about housing management and progressed somewhat but sadly, the most enjoyable parts of the job were stripped away.
Pros
People i worked with
Cons
Constant reviews!
Fast working environment, A lot of pressure no rewards
IT Helpdesk Advisor (Former Employee) –  Oldham, UK26 June 2017
You are not valued as an employee and even the littlest mistake is the end of the world for them.

Very bad management and Contracts are temp

The hardest part is putting up with the management
Pros
Good money
Cons
Very bad management
Passive aggressive environment - be careful
Manager (Former Employee) –  North West13 June 2017
the organisation has worked hard to provide a great work environment, and has attracted some really talented staff, I have seen many excellent people leave, the management and senior management culture doesn't match the operational aspirations of a caring sharing charitable organisation. There is a clear them and us. with reducing confidence and trust and senior managers, You are definitely just a number in this organisation and will be asked to leave or be removed at the drop of a hat. Don't make a mistake here. There are directors with tunnel vision the type that wont make eye contact with you when they speak. you'll be lucky to even get a response to an email if you're not another senior manager, they are far too busy and important to help or direct you to where you need to be looking, managers and senior managers follow directors attitudes in this play ground,
Pros
free parking, subsidised canteen, good salary and holiday package
Cons
no job security or stability - large staff turnover
Rewarding/ never boring/
Senior Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Forest of Dean, Gloucestershire2 June 2017
I am a senior carer have been in this role four five years started as a carer eight years ago I work with a brilliant care team they all pull together my team leader is brilliant and my care manager is fantastic we are the best in the forest and we all work as a team a really rewarding job so come and join the best .the best job I have ever done .never a boring day
Pros
Job satisfaction' rewarding meeting wonderfull people
Cons
Long hours can be emotionally draining
Great company to work for
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Forest of Dean, Gloucestershire2 June 2017
Fantastic company to work for with great benefits and management.
Very supportive managers who encourage progression within the company.
Training programme in house for any care need.
Pros
Supportive managers and Team's
Wonderful place to work
Complaints Advisor (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire23 May 2017
I enjoyed working at Guinness because of the management. They allowed me to finish my tasks and do the job to the best of my ability. They were always on hand to help me and were patient with my progress. I was given feedback on my work which allowed me to do better next time around.
Pros
Team players
good place to work
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, UK14 May 2017
very good place to work enables you to progress into you next career development. every day was not the same as you supported customers to ensure that

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Guinness Partnership. Our community is ready to answer.

The Guinness Partnership Reviews by Location