The Guinness Partnership Employee Reviews

I love it
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire26 July 2019
I lasted only because of workmates and customers the staff are all nobody's with no friends and love the little bit of power they have . Not one of them after 10 years have any morals my whole life has benefited from leaving that hole
Cleaner whitehawk Brighton
Cleaner Operative (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex25 July 2019
Worked here for few weeks ..manager on site compete power freak and lazy git but workers were good laugh ..job was dead end pay diabolical .forced to wear steel toe capped shoes to sweep staircases...your sent up to London on pointless courses that completely utterly pointless . So so much red tape involved in your job ..
Pros
Cons
Dire company
Wouldn't let my worst anymore work here
IT (Former Employee) –  Oldham, Greater Manchester11 July 2019
I would avoid like a xenomorph is chasing your backside
Pros
Salary
Cons
The managers are all bullys
care assistant
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cornwall23 June 2019
worst company i have worked for, don't understand privacy and confidentiality, managers were rude and are bullies. a typical day at work would be driving 40 mins to a clients house if you can't find it thats your problem and you can keep driving and wasting your fuel because its your fault that you don't know where to go although its your first visit here. the clients are all really nice but management were awful such a shame they really need to sort it out instead of gossiping!!
Cons
management!!
A great place to work
Business Analyst Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester18 June 2019
Really enjoyed my time with Guinness. They do a lot of good things especially in Guinness Care. Would recommend working for them. Interesting work and passionate people. Perhaps more focussed on IT change than cheaper process change is the only down side but this may not be a negative for you.
Not a great place to work
Property Maintenance Administrator (Former Employee) –  Marsh Barton5 June 2019
as per above- the location was very hard for me to get to as I do not drive and there is no direct public transport to the office. The management were badly organised.
Considering the jobs I have had, as a temp employee-this is an amazing lace to work
Customer Liaison Officer (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London28 May 2019
Looking at some of the reviews that have been written about this company-I can understand what people are saying.

It’s a charity, that acts as a social landlord but is ultimately a business.

The one thing that is important is the fact that my direct manager is on point with nearly everything that he/she does. The time get behind them 100 percent as they have our back all of the time. There is a blame culture, definitely is-but at the same time there is no blame to give if you do your work.

Extremely happy even though I’m in a temp contract and happy to leave and come back if I need it.
Pros
I have a decent manager
Cons
No office/mobile working
If you care, please dont work here
Care Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Bristol23 May 2019
I can't tell you enough. Do not get a job here. The company as a whole have no idea about care and how to build a successful caring business as Guinness is full of corporate, power hungry controlling management.

They will drain you and they will except more than any human could give, then when you give your all you will recieve no appreciation at all or the above management will just take the credit for it. And if something goes wrong, time isn't made to resolve the issue, it is just a game of who did what wrong and who's fault it was, whilst the poor customers suffer.
Customers get no justice as everything is hidden and so fake for CQC visits.

Meeting customers and giving care is amazing and there really is some incredible customers. But then you have to sit and watch these people not get the care they deserve as the ABOVE management and housing are too busy getting one up on eachother to pay attention to care. - so if you do care, believe me, this is a hard pill to swallow!!!
However, the internal compliance team are amazing and have such great high standards and only want the best for the customers.

If you are unlucky enough to get a job here don't ever think about raising a concern because the above management will work together to either get you gone or will make your work life so uncomfortable to the point of almost bullying that you wish you were fired.

I'm glad I waited to put this reveiw out until I was settled in a new job. My mental health has never been better, just by working for a company that is caring and appreciate you and actually supports
  more... you!! I can't get over the difference and just how much happier I am. The only thing I feel for, is the customers and carers.

I hope this helps and you work for a much better company. However I hope it gets better for the customers and they start learning from mistakes.
Pros
Being able to brighten up a customers day. Free coffee.....
Cons
Poor communication. Pay isnt great for what you do. Blame culture. Negative environment.
HORRENDOUS leadership, terrible hours, letting down customers
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  South West15 May 2019
Management are rubbish, never want to cover and always harass you to go out and cover at all hours. Management cancel customer calls and leave them without care! Regardless of how many times you raise an issue, you get the same answer every time ‘we’ve been really busy’ even when it’s serious issues such as meds etc. Care plans were out of date when I arrived and a year later are still out of date, describing routines etc that aren’t possible anymore as that persons mobility has declined and needs increased so newbies have no chance. They send new people out as soon as they possibly can, you do get training in a classroom but after a day or so shadowing you will be guilt tricked by managers to go out by yourself. Managers don’t appear to show any duty of care towards staff- give you 5 minutes travel time for a 20 minute plus journey then when you let the know it’s not good enough they deny it as if you really are stupid. Managers don’t listen to customers and just do whatever suits them best- not person centred at all. Higher management are aware of issues however take no responsibility and do not try to sort issues or reassure staff. Whilst I was there, managers forgot to give customers a visit at all, not even giving them notice they wouldn’t have care. On the plus side, my colleagues were brilliant and a true credit to the company! It’s a shame they are being put in a position where they question whether they want to work for Guinness as I know each one cares for the customers a lot
Pros
Colleagues are brilliant and lovely customers
Cons
Everything else
Great office
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hollinwood25 April 2019
Man, I wish i could work there again. Great office. Great toilets. Cool staff. Easy to travel to. Weekly pay if you get a jobs via agencies. Great canteen area.
Poor
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester8 April 2019
Avoid at all costs.
I was a cleaner and was contracted out to Guinness from another agency.
I turned up for work as usual and was greeted by 2 people who were from Guinness .
They were rude and abnoctious towards me.
Cons
I have a can do attitude but very little or no support from the management
Scheme Manager (Former Employee) –  Rotherham2 April 2019
No two days the same. Needs change daily for the elderly. I attended several courses on customer service but couldn't carry things through due to
very little support from the management.
Pros
opportunities to progress if you wanted to
Cons
long hours at times
People I worked with were fantastic. So much support and the salary was good
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, Essex8 February 2019
Really enjoyed my time there. The office was relaxed and friendly. Everybody supported each other and there was training for everything. The only downside was the fact it is a very large company and they decided to centralise everything so we were all made redundant.
Pros
Convenient and salary
Cons
being made redundant
Ok place to work
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oldham, Greater Manchester20 November 2018
GP was ok to work at, generally good colleagues but often poor leadership and people promoted via favouritism.
Lack of training offered to enable people to progress.
Pros
Good colleagues
Cons
Lack of progression/training
Good company to work for
Senior Administrator in Finance (Redundant) (Former Employee) –  Chadderton, Greater Manchester26 October 2018
Colleagues are lovely

Learnt accounts

Enjoyed team competitions

Hardest part was keeping to deadlines and chasing other department for information as they were busy as well.
Competitive salary accompanied by a demoralising management team
CSC (Current Employee) –  Oldham18 October 2018
The core of TGP is the management team. This team tends to steer clear of any aspects of their role which involve liaising with customers.

Ultimately, this leads to a lack of experience in the field they are trying to manage.

I.E. A Manager who refuses to take calls from customers will be advising their team how they should be taking calls from customers.

This nonsensical approach to running a team will always lead to it's downfall. The Executive Team are completely oblivious as to how the company is run on the ground and I'm unable to see any potential for improve in the near future.
Pros
Competitive Salary
Cons
Poor management
Don't judge a book by its cover
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Oldham, Greater Manchester2 October 2018
The company is behind times in terms of its outlook on technology, transformation and how it should be delivered effectively.

The managers who sold me the job were certainly convincing that this was an evolving workplace but upon joining I was very disappointed at the poor leadership, favouritism and the technical incompetency of some staff.
Reviews never let you down
Officer (Former Employee) –  Bower House20 September 2018
Just before joining Guinness I was slightly sceptical due to the online reviews, however as an adaptable individual I thought I wouldn't have much problem 'fitting in'.

The managers are pretty 'one' if your not sucking up to them then you won't be recognised.

Luckily, I made an early escape.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Poor management, Micro-managing, Bad culture
Will not like to work here again
Business Applications Analyst (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester24 July 2018
Guinness is not a bad place to work in terms of salary and benefits.

Your overall experience will depend on your manager and other senior managers. They can make life difficult for you there as they have been given too much power.
Pros
Free Partnership days - 4 days between Christmas and New Year
Badly Organised
carer (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, Devon8 July 2018
Positives; Loved the job, customers and fellow carers and training was exceptional and you are encouraged to advance further.
Negatives; Management is awful. Constantly pestered on days off to work and even rang me when I was on holiday. Some staff are doing 15 hour shifts with NO breaks. Customers are suffering from constant time changing and disorganisation and using my fuel to go to visit a customer only to find out another carer had already been. Happened more than once. Could be such a good place to work if was better managed.
Pros
rewarding job
Cons
bad management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Guinness Partnership. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9