The Growth Company Employee Reviews

toxic
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Manchester Central, Greater Manchester17 May 2019
diversity and inclusion does not exist in this company. no role models at all. I don't see myself working for such a company forever. ………………………………………………………….
Review Summary
Job Coach/Learning Mentor (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester29 April 2019
Agile working enviroment, friendly and professional colleagues and fantastic working conditions. Self management style role with management contact when needed.
Enjoyable job
Employment Consultant (Former Employee) –  North West21 March 2019
No opportunity's to self develop or grow with in the service. The work company were the poor relatives .

Job role very enjoyable, great team, and flexibility with working hours.
Pros
nice team
Cons
no progression/ lack funding
okay on the whole but can be stressful and not great money
Employment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Manchester27 February 2019
High targets , high workload for the money
Staff on the whole good
Management on the whole good, but like anywhere there are bad managers that seem to get away with it
Lack of training for new managers and staff
Lots of training , but mainly online training these days which is not so good
in the past lots of really good training
Did gain many qualifications through growth company which is a plus
Can be very stressful as they put too much work onto staff but do not enumerate for it, for the level of stress and high workload they should pay better
Worked there for years with hardly any pay rises - I think in 9 years only had 3 grand more
Pros
HR good, training ok, colleagues nice
Cons
stressed, high workload, low pay, no pay rises
Great Place
Subcontracting Manager (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester11 February 2019
Solid culture with strong philosophy in social commitment. Business strategy is facing difficult times however managers and workers are dedicted and willing to work hard.
fun place to work where i was able to progress
Lead Employment and Training Consultant (Current Employee) –  Hull City Centre, East Riding of Yorkshire7 January 2019
i have thoroughly enjoyed my time at the growth company. I have learnt so much and have been given lots of opportunities to move forward in my career.
The Growth Co.
Support Co-Ordinator (Current Employee) –  Manchester21 December 2018
Working for the Growth company is enjoyable whilst being quite demanding. The people you meet are supportive and work together. Support is offered throughout and there is always somebody to help.
Learning Support Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester24 October 2018
The Growth Company is a great place to work. It is a decent salary but most of the jobs require you to hit targets. I’m a single parent and work full time and being able to change my hours to fit around family life was a big bonus for me.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
No Christmas bonus
productive
challenging
team working
very supportive
great environment
plenty of training to get you up to a good standard
Flexibility
HR Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester31 August 2018
Good team spirit among different units, and flexibility on start and finish times, the pay is not good compared to the job market but it is a good environment to work.
Excellent company to work for
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Manchester8 August 2018
I have been on a six month contract as a Functional Skills tutor. I have worked a flexible work pattern which has worked well for my clients, myself and the company as it gave a good work life balance.

Approachable management structure compared to previous employers.

Good support links with colleagues in my sector. I have learned a lot about apprenticeships and would be able to use this in further jobs.

Most enjoyable - the six months that I have worked in the community meeting people who have not attempted English and maths for many years and seeing their faces when they pass the necessary exams.

Hardest thing- will be leaving in September.
Pros
been in the community
Cons
getting to grips with the roads
multi faceted business organisation
Careers Inspiration Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Manchester8 August 2018
The Growth Company can be a an excellent company to work for but as the organisation is made up of several different business units the culture can be varied across the different teams.
Pros
Good quality office facilities, city centre base
Cons
Job security contract based, HR support is mainly for the benefit of the employer not the employee
The Growth Company
Compliance Officer (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester19 May 2018
Good company to work for. Support and further training provided on a regular basis. Management work to ensure good day to day tasks are completed efficiently.
Time management
HR and Payroll Administrator (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester26 October 2017
During the employment period I am liaising with staff from head office and other branches in order to deliver efficient service to client.
I have learned how to organised myself in a busy environment and improved customer service skills.