The Growth Company

The Growth Company Employee Reviews

United Kingdom31 reviews
Had the wrong job specifications, not been given adequate training at the start of employment, lack of motivation. No directives to training, lack of integration with manager felt unfairly treated. These leads to my poor health that I had to resign
Pros
Get on well with team members
Cons
Poor management
A good organisation with the opportunity to develop and evolve when new contracts are won. Good opportunities to learn with the CPD available to staff
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
It
I have now worked for the Growth company for 3 years, excellent team members, room for Growth, very good company to work for, the job is very target driven, achievable targets and very rewarding for customers whom we support,the management are very supportive, i enjoy being part of a team.
Pros
working as part of a great team
Cons
no free lunch
An established Manchester company working from a small and dingy office in Sheffield, Narrow minded management with no people skills whatsoever and a 'big brother' attitude that they are constantly watching you and whatever you do is not good enough.
We have so much extra work put on us. They increase the work load but will not increase the staff.

A lot of penny pinching by management. Yet a lot spent on temps.

They do not care about their staff at all. They want the contract and money... so called not for profit
The management culture is lazy and relaxed towards each other. The staff are pushed around and confused regularly by the mixed messages and poor guidance and instructions delivered.

The hours were very good and the informal dress policy was excellent.

No promotional opportunities if you work hard, it is who you know not how you perform.
Whilst working there was informed that my contract was safe and secure by senior management only to be informed two weeks into March that my contract hadn't been secured or extended and that I was going to be unemployed at the end of March. It was only my line manager who managed to get a months extension working on a temporary contract until I found my current role
I didn’t stay here long due to the way the centre was run. A very cliquey environment.

Expectations on this particular centre were sky high and out of line with the rest of the business. Staff worked to the point of breakdown.

Focus on funding rather than students or staffs needs. This company culture was detrimental to my health
Colleagues are great & everyone supports each other.
Opportunities to learn new skills and regularly offered training in different area's.

Working hours are fully flexible but pretty good as standard.
started working there in August and have been working hard to get a place in an apprenticeship , always on time and hard working , great teachers and helpful colleagues
It is OK as a working enviroment. The staff work hard and are commintted. The issues sit within the SMT and the arogance and lack of understanding of the business make it hard to complete your role. They also bully and intimidate staff.
Pros
Good benefits package on passing probation
Cons
Poor leadership
The Company have changed their name but not the female Managing Director. I was bullied and the manager had to have mediation. Didn't improve things became worse. No empathy for me as I was going through a divorce due to domestic violence. Even got sent home on garden leave without HR knowing.
Great place to be, great culture with agile working encouraged for work life balance. forward thinking company with good ethics
Head office at Oxford Road is modern, plush and relaxing with many amenities to help you feel comfortable while at work it has it's own cafe many break out areas and lots of hot desking facilities.

Many opportunities to develop and grow and gain new skills
Poor morale, management that are not supportive and rude. High staff turnover that reflects the poor atmosphere.
No focus on quality or students needs. Money making is the only words you will hear.
The growth company is a govenrment funded enterpirse to help people back into the workpalce.
It is voluntary.

Its is desinged to help with anything related to getting you back into work,for whatever reason.
Good company to work for, good opportunity for progression.
Many different areas of the business, non for profit organisation doing a lot in the Manchester area for people of Manchester.
Working at The Growth Company was fun and productive, meeting new people from different cultures was good as you got to learn about their background and what they liked.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
diversity and inclusion does not exist in this company. no role models at all. I don't see myself working for such a company forever. ………………………………………………………….
Agile working enviroment, friendly and professional colleagues and fantastic working conditions. Self management style role with management contact when needed.
No opportunity's to self develop or grow with in the service. The work company were the poor relatives .

Job role very enjoyable, great team, and flexibility with working hours.
Pros
nice team
Cons
no progression/ lack funding
High targets , high workload for the money
Staff on the whole good

Management on the whole good, but like anywhere there are bad managers that seem to get away with it

Lack of training for new managers and staff

Lots of training , but mainly online training these days which is not so good

in the past lots of really good training

Did gain many qualifications through growth company which is a plus

Can be very stressful as they put too much work onto staff but do not enumerate for it, for the level of stress and high workload they should pay better

Worked there for years with hardly any pay rises - I think in 9 years only had 3 grand more
Pros
HR good, training ok, colleagues nice
Cons
stressed, high workload, low pay, no pay rises