The Grove

The Grove Employee Reviews

United Kingdom11 reviews
Wasnt the best job i had but it helped pay the bills.

the events that went on where good to work with and loved the customers that come in.

the customers that come where great to be around

i enjoyed the happy atmosphere
Pros
flexiable hours
Cons
not good communication
The grove expected me to work over Christmas and on Christmas Day this isn’t something to ask a 17 year old that’s working part time while trying to balance school, home life and work life.
Great family vibe, free lunch, free use or the gym, free annual stay, discount on food, there’s a nursery, plus plus plus. Everyone is so friendly and helpful and plenty of career opportunities to develop. And it’s local .....
Pros
Fantastic company benefits, friendly team
i would not recommend any one to go work there i gave a lot to the organisation and got nothing but slack back. I am so glad i have moved and and do not have to go back there to work ever again.
I have been working here almost 1and half years. I'm really enjoying it really friendly environment staff and people. The staff benefit is really good and incredible. The have learn so much good things here . It is a wonderful place to work .
Pros
Free lunch, spa facilities free for staff, gym, 50% discount on food etc.
Cons
8hrs shift
This was the first bar work i had, i learned to serve drinks, use the till, talk to customers, also taking deliveries, stockings fridges, staff were friendly management great, i also learned how to clean a pub
Pros
leart a lot
Typically it is very booked up. There is a lot of massage to be done but they limit the number each therapist does generally. There is training and regular chances to update your skills.
The management at the top is strong and you work closely with the gym team who are in the same part of the building. The culture is one of customer service.

The turnaround time between clients is very tight and this can be challenging due to the length of the corridor because you need to move briskly yet quietly with in unhurried appearance!

There is a good rapport among the therapists which is enjoyable.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
The spa is underground which means you often don't see much light especially in the winter months.
Very high end, excellent quality and i have learnt a lot whilst being here, upselling is one of my key skills that helps me as well as building relationships with the guests
Pros
Free food in canteen, money off hotel and golf course
Cons
limited hours
Whole hotel works together to deliver a five star experience to all guests. The staff are offered many opportunities to advance and are encouraged to complete training sessions.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at The Grove?
I really enjoyed working with all my co workers they were cooperative and well mannered. Human Resources were treating everyone equally.
Get in go into the store cupboard get the cleaning products out start cleaning the tables then hoover the floors. Then go in and clean the toilets and sinks. Then clean the bar along with the pumps and mopping the floor behind the bar, then put all the cleaning stuff away.I learnt how to clean a bar and toilets properly. The manager was very nice. I worked on my own. Their wasn't a hard part of the job. Making friend with the staff and manager.
Pros
learned how to clean the pub from top to bottom