Play YouTube video button

The Good Care Group Employee Reviews

Featured review
The Good Care Group selected this as a representative review
Incredible company to work for
Carer (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London3 August 2018
I have only been working with the good care group for a short period but they have been one of the best care companies that I have worked for. The training is wonderful, lasts 5 days and incredibly detailed and leaves you feeling very prepared. The managers will contact you instantly if you have a problem, and you have regional managers who will not hesitation in coming out to see you if you have any issues with your client and it feels as though everyone at the company really cares about you. The company has its own psychiatrist team that will support you, who do not disclose any confidential information you tell them back to the company unless you ask them too. The CEO is also down at ground level and likes to meet all employees, which I feel shows a lot about a company. They also help you to attain a first aid qualification and the care certificate.

I had an issue with my client where, for personal reasons, I was really struggling, and about 8 members of the company contacted me, checking I was okay and listening to everything I said and working together in order to help with my situation.

The pay is excellent and you have the ability to grow with the company. Your rate of pay increases along with your qualifications, and they have a mach scheme which puts you with your ideal client matched on personality, interests and tastes.

It is so nice to work within a company that actually cares about you as an employee, just as much as their clients.
Pros
continuity of care, breaks, good rate of pay, good rate on mileage
Cons
no overtime
Very good company to work for
Care manager (Former Employee) –  South West25 September 2019
Very client focused forward thinking always looking for a better service for the clients.
Carer focussed making sure carers are well supported and can lose focus on the care managers
Pros
Good wages
Cons
Can mean lose. Work life balance
2 October 2019

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your views. We are pleased you feel there is a great focus on clients and supporting the professional Carers to do great jobs. It's equally important that our Care Managers feel supported and if you ever have any concerns, please bring them up with your Regional Manager. You are part of what makes this an Outstanding organisation, thank you for all your hard work.

Good compsny to work for. Excellent staff and training given.
Professional carer (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, Aberdeen City24 September 2019
The training given at this company is second to none.
Intense, informative, training given by fantastic staff.
Office staff are fantastic, caring and do their utmost to look after employees
All in all a great company with great experiences available for people looking for a live in caring job.
2 October 2019

Thank you very much for your comments. It's great to hear that you enjoyed the training, support and interaction with your colleagues. As a team we work really hard to constantly improve - and thank you very much for the part you played in this.

Never received breaks for 5 weeks
Live in care worker (Former Employee) –  Cornwall13 September 2019
Worked 15 hour days which took me below minimum wage. They got as much money for me being in my placement as I did and had minimum input. Treated like a Child by Carer services. Saw my Manager 3 times in a year. Wage below average.
Pros
Cons
Carer Services
18 September 2019

We are concerned about your comments and would love to talk to you in more detail to understand your situation. We have 2, 4 and 6 week rotas so it is difficult to comment on the 5 weeks without knowing the specifics, however, what we can say very clearly is that we pay a daily rate, our DAHA (daily average working hours) are 10 or 12 and our Carers are instructed that they must alert their Care Manager if they find they work more hours in their placement so that we can review what support is needed. We are extremely proud of our professionalism and Outstanding ranking in all 5 categories by the CQC and this could not be achieved without our whole team feeling happy and supported in their jobs. We very much regret hearing your views and hope you'll give us a chance to understand the circumstances in order to address any potential shortfalls. You can email HR at Steven.Brown@thegoodcaregroup.com

Ads. and work environment do not corispond
Carer (Former Employee) –  Wimbledon and East Sheen1 September 2019
T.G.C.G. At the time I worked for them did not adhere to what they advertised. There main belief was in themselves not staff or clients. Constant reminders of their achievements which did not show up in their care of staff or clients. They were happy to allow carer to work 24 hrs and expected her to go to next assignment immediately. Some managers have a culture of bullying ( not all ). As this was some time ago hopefully things have changed.
2 September 2019

Thank you for your comments. We are saddened and surprised to hear how you experienced working for The Good Care Group. The feedback we have from the majority our colleagues is very positive. Having achieved an 'Outstanding' rating in all 5 categories from the CQC earlier this year was very much due to how all colleagues work well together. We value our professional carers highly and have a culture of openness and respect where we encourage feedback to Care Managers or Regional Managers if Carers are more comfortable with that. Our Carers are also welcome to contact HR.

Demands outweigh job satisfaction
Professional Live in Carer (Former Employee) –  Based from London27 August 2019
Training was great, there are lots of placements all over the country. Whilst I absolutely loved my job and felt very privileged to have been part of someones life and made a difference, I felt management and work conditions were going through some difficult stages and changes, and the processes were not person centered. This made the job difficult at times.
2 September 2019

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review. First of all we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the training you went through before your placement. It is disappointed to hear you felt processes were not adequately focused on the individual, but can assure you that we work very hard to look after every employee and we value our carers very highly. We achieved an 'Outstanding' rating in all 5 categories when we were inspected by the CQC earlier this year and believe it was very much down to the professionalism and dedication of all our colleagues. Great to hear you loved being a professional carer, thank you again for your comments.

Disappointed, always felt like I was on my own dealing with very tough situations.
Live in Carer (Former Employee) –  Various2 August 2019
Worst experience of my life. So hurt by the office staff as they so often made me feel like I was either stupid or bothering them even though I was hardly ever in touch with the office.
Management was unsupportive.
I was often put with clients that was truly unbearable and I've dealt with very challenging behaviour in the past but just they way they would send you somewhere and not give you any help and support you really feel alone.

So, so glad I left. Best decision I made, just sad I didn't make it sooner. I wouldn't advice anyone work with the 'good' care group.
6 August 2019

We are saddened to hear how you have experienced The Good Care Group, and deeply concerned as this is not the usual feedback we get from our Carers and other employees. We always encourage our colleagues to escalate any concerns to their Care Managers or their Regional Managers, if they feel more comfortable with that. We consistently score highly in employee feedback and would welcome a more direct conversation with you, if you wish. Please contact HR - steven.brown@thegoodcaregroup.com

Excellent employer
Head Office (Current Employee) –  London UK4 June 2019
I work in the head office and I'm proud to be part of an organisation where everyone are completely dedicated and focused on providing a fantastic service. Employees are well supported. There is a culture of transparency and openess that I value. Everyone has a voice. Everyone can contact the senior management team and everyone gets listened to.
Pros
Collaboration, focus on quality, great colleagues
5 June 2019

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review. Everyone's opinion does indeed matter and rest assured management read all comments.

Fantastic ceo
Professional carer (Current Employee) –  England3 June 2019
I currently work for tgcg there are many fantastic aspects of this company, the initial training is good, the CEO is outstanding. The placement team is ok. The pros of the company is there reputation is second to none, I think they do listen to there staff, and of course the clients.
The cons they don't always pay national minimum wage and to much is focussed on the tech side of the business. The client care plans can do so be outdated.
I would say this company is 80% fantastic and 20% issues.
In saying that I have done care for many years and this is the best care company I have been with.
Pros
Ceo. The job diversity, the clients, the company reputation and cqc standing
Cons
The salary can be below national minimum wage depending on placement, outdated cate plsns, to much focus on tech side of the business
5 June 2019

Thank you so much for your feedback - we really appreciate all the positive comments and value the opportunity to comment on any areas of concern raised. You make some good observations for which we respond as follows:

At TGCG our daily rates currently (June 2019) range from £83 to £105 per day. Every Professional carer is paid (at least), if not substantially more than the national minimum wage.

The Live-In Care sector from an employment law perspective operates under what is known as ‘unmeasured hours’. Therefore at TGCG we do not pay by the hour or have any hourly pay rates for live in care. The purpose of the DAHA (daily average hours agreement) is to agree an average number of hours a professional Carer will do in a 24 hour period and for any pay reference period (i.e. a month). The DAHA is in place to protect both our carers and ensure the company is compliant with national minimum wage regulations (please note all our day rates are in excess of this this). This is also in place to ensure we have a solid framework for managing any concerns regarding national minimum wage.

Our daily rates are based on the experience, skills, training and qualifications of the Professional Carer. We offer a day rate when Carers join us based on this and encourage development and learning, as well as great performance to enable Carers to move through pay bands and be promoted as they gain new experience and skills.

If a client's care need changes our Professional carers understand that they are obliged to communicate those changes as they may impact upon the support required and in doing  more... so, our Care Managers immediately review the care plan and if necessary the DAHA (daily average hours earned).

All client plans should be up-to-date - we would urge you to escalate any concerns or issues to your Care Manager and failing that to your Regional Manager.

This was a long response, but you raised important points that we wanted to cover! We work hard to deliver the very best in care and our talented Professional Carers clearly play a huge part in this - so thank you very much for what you do every day. And please do not hesitate to contact your Care Manager or Regional Manager if you have any questions.

Amazing company to work for
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Londin31 May 2019
The good care group are truly and simply “outstanding” I feel proud to work for such a caring client/carer focused company.
I have had fantastic induction training by highly trained professionals and have always had support and enjoy from management
I am so lucky to work here
Pros
Management, training, technology
4 June 2019

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review and for being part of what makes The Good Care Group an 'Outstanding' organisation. Management read all feedback and it's important to us.

Supportive from top to bottom IE Senior Management through to the office staff
Professional Live in Carer (Current Employee) –  South West of Uk31 May 2019
I chose to embark on a career in caring with TGCG because they seemed to value their carers and recognise the importance of the on the ground workforce and that is exactly what they have done.

I have worked with them for a year had experience with four clients (two permanent placements and two relief cover temporary assignments). I have had direct contact with three Managers and one Regional Manager all of whom have supportive, on hand and available as well as sympathetic and caring of my needs.

Live in care is a tough job with long hours and unpredictable situations, this is the industry but TGCG does everything possible to support the workforce and is very conscientious of ensuring daily breaks are provided and adhered to.

Training has been great and the opportunity and encouragement to build on my career has been (and is) second to none. Of course, I would prefer the whole industry to be better paid but TGCG pay excellent rates within the industry and their expenses and support policies are efficient, easy and most importantly fast and regular.

I made the right choice and am very happy with my new, fulfilling and worthwhile career.
Pros
Management, office and free external confidential support systems
Cons
As an overseas worker flight subsidies rarely kick in, wages are less than UK based carers doing the same job.
4 June 2019

Thank you very much for leaving such a comprehensive review. We know that being a professional Live-in carer can be as challenging as it is rewarding and we're working really hard to make sure that all our Carers have a supportive network around them. From free access to an Employee Assistance Programme to 24/7 support from a central office team to a dedicated Care Manager who know you and your client. Thanks for being part of what prompted the CQC to rate us 'Outstanding' in all 5 inspected categories a few months back.

A good company to work for
Live In Carer (Current Employee) –  UK31 May 2019
I returned to The Good Care Group after a 2 year break for personal reasons. I am glad I returned and am lucky to have a very supportive manager and have always found the office staff willing to listen when I've had a tough time. The training is very good and there is always someone at the end of the phone for advice and support. The wages are good, when you work out there's no food or travel to pay for 2 weeks. The work/life balance is excellent and overtime is available if you want it. Now they have joined with another care company, I just hope the values used when setting up the company aren't lost.

Each day is different and each client has different needs, buts that the challenge for a fulfilling job.
Pros
Work/life balance
4 June 2019

Thank you very much for your review. We're really pleased you're enjoying working for The Good Care Group and want to reassure you that our values and focus on providing a quality service and support to our clients and colleagues has not and will not change. Being a professional Live-in carer is a responsible, challenging but also rewarding job and we want to thank you for being part of why the CQC rated us Outstanding in all 5 inspected categories earlier this year.

Good place to start off
Live in carer (Former Employee) –  Uk12 April 2019
Through this company I gained invaluable knowledge and experience which had lead me to current role. This job is rewarding and opens doors both during and after this role.
Pros
Good pay and travel
Cons
Long time from home
1 May 2019

Thanks for leaving a review, we're pleased you gained valuable experience with The Good Care Group

One of the worst live in care companies I worked for
Live in carer (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London24 March 2019
I have done living care for over six years I worked for this company and at first it seemed amazing the training was very informative and was a week of training only to find out that they will take this sum out of your wage and give it back to you after three months. I was promised a pay rise after three months and had initially give up a job where I was paid more with the incentive of getting an even bigger pay rise in the future after the three months they had decided to change this role. I worked alongside a lot of people that was doing the same job but we getting paid varied Salary is some less so more. The companies explanation did not make sense some people that were more than me had less clinical or healthcare experience. I have had several issues with this company from unsupportive management to catty co-workers. I have never been treated with such condescension ever. When I was leaving I let them know how upset I was about how I’ve been treated needless to say they did not give me an exit interview as I have nothing positive to say about this company. Some clients I had had told me the shocking amount they had been charging and the carers were getting less than A quarter of what they were overall paid which I see is highly unfair. They called me late last year to ask if I would like to come back and I gave them my food for thought that I would never entertain going back to that company. The one plus I would say was while I was there I did get moved over to the Scottish office and they were a lot nicer than the London office and had I maybe been placed with them in  more... the first place I could have stayed and that was just because the management and the people there were more personable and caring. They were very encouraging and not at all Condescending.  less
Pros
training
Cons
Management, speak to you like you are the child and are giving you nothing but criticism
29 May 2019

We are really sorry to hear that you didn't feel you had a good experience with The Good Care Group. We pride ourselves on our supportive environment and consistent great feedback from employees who are all part of what made us an 'Outstanding' organisation in all 5 categories in our CQC inspection earlier this year.

I would not recommend
Professional carer (Current Employee) –  London14 February 2019
Long hours lack of organisation lack of support for carerrs. They focused on money not on providing good quality of care. Mangers dont support the carers.
1 May 2019

We are saddened to hear your comments. We have just been awarded Outstanding in all 5 categories by the CQC: Safe, Effective, Responsive, Caring and Well-led. If you have specific feedback and don't want to discuss it with your Care Manager, please contact your Regional Manager.

Nie polecam. Najgorsza firma dla której pracowałam!
Carer (Current Employee) –  London18 January 2019
Unikajcie ich jak ognia. Nie szanują pracowników. Zostałam zostawiona sama na 2 tyg bez jakiejkolwiek pomocy z klientką która co noc wstawala po 4 razy kazdej nocy !!!Gdy się poskarzylam menadzerka powiedziała mi że mam obowiązek wstawać w nocy I jestem bezczelna !!! Dobre opinie od dziewczyn z Polski maja dlatego że placa 500 funtow za pozyskanie nowego pracownika. Gdy zapytałam dlaczego przed przyjazdem nie poinformowano mnie że klientka jest w szpitalu powiedziano mi że to nie moja sprawa i menadżerka może mnie wysłać gdzie jej się podoba mimo że była to sobota gdy biuro nie pracuje, A ja musiałam czekać 4 godz na mrozie. Nie polecam
Responsible position
Carer worker (Current Employee) –  Scotland24 April 2018
I've been working as a live in carer mostly in Scotland. I've been giving care and support for my clients. My duties included also cooking, domestic tasks, cleaning.
Pros
Breaks between working periods.
Cons
Long hours.
Worked for 2 weeks
Carer (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London8 April 2018
Terrible training. Charge £800.00 and take £400.00 out of the first pay., So you have nothing the first month. There care mangers need to support carers instead of constant contradictions. It appears that carers put up with this a most work from abroad and fear no job
Pros
Cons
Long hours which can take you under minimum wage
High standart of service delivered to client
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  London2 April 2018
My typical day at work is always focusing on client's needs and matching them with high understanding of his/her needs.
Live-in care worker concerns all aspects of personal care, supporting customers during their activities.The Good Care Group is one of the best in UK and I was very satisfied to work for them.
Pros
Free lunches
A great place to work!
Recruitment Officer (Current Employee) –  Scotland7 November 2017
The Good Care Group are a professional and value based company which I have the pleasure in working for. They are experts in the care industry and value each and every member of staff. They are supportive, innovative and respectful.
Pros
Work/Life balance, Staff Well-being, Pay, Professionalism, Empathy
Welcome, worm,nice
Professional Carer (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London11 September 2017
I do love to work for this company,because there is always someone to helping you if you are in need;because they are nice and onest ;working with/for them makes you feel confident
Pros
Free training, payment for fly/train tickets

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Good Care Group. Our community is ready to answer.

The Good Care Group Reviews by Location