The Good Care Group

The Good Care Group Employee Reviews

United Kingdom46 reviews
Featured review
The Good Care Group selected this as a representative review
I have only been working with the good care group for a short period but they have been one of the best care companies that I have worked for. The training is wonderful, lasts 5 days and incredibly detailed and leaves you feeling very prepared. The managers will contact you instantly if you have a problem, and you have regional managers who will not hesitation in coming out to see you if you have any issues with your client and it feels as though everyone at the company really cares about you. The company has its own psychiatrist team that will support you, who do not disclose any confidential information you tell them back to the company unless you ask them too. The CEO is also down at ground level and likes to meet all employees, which I feel shows a lot about a company. They also help you to attain a first aid qualification and the care certificate.

I had an issue with my client where, for personal reasons, I was really struggling, and about 8 members of the company contacted me, checking I was okay and listening to everything I said and working together in order to help with my situation.

The pay is excellent and you have the ability to grow with the company. Your rate of pay increases along with your qualifications, and they have a mach scheme which puts you with your ideal client matched on personality, interests and tastes.

It is so nice to work within a company that actually cares about you as an employee, just as much as their clients.
Pros
continuity of care, breaks, good rate of pay, good rate on mileage
Cons
no overtime
Couldn’t ask for more support excellent team. Training was excellent and trainers very accommodating I needed extra support and I got it if any problems the care team took care of it. I enjoyed meeting with clients then living with them give me a better insight to their condition

All in all fabulous place to work
Pros
Food supplied and support amazing
Cons
Being away from home
1 September 2020
Thank you for your review and comments, we pride ourselves on our outstanding training and are really pleased that you enjoyed it and felt supported in your employment. Thank you very much for the difference you made for our clients and for being part of The Good Care Group.
Very rewarding place to work fantastic team of people. Highly recommend TGCG loved working there. Worked as a team. Always well up dated has caters were allocated placement for live in care. Training was amazing. Reports were handed in weekly by carers.
Pros
An hour lunch break
Cons
Long hours but rewarding
If my mother will need the carer ,I will not use this Company! They do not care about people,only money is number one.You can be just alone with the problems.
20 July 2020
We are saddened to read your review, particularly as we really pride ourselves on the support we provide to our Carers and consistent feedback usually is that Carers really value this. Our advice to Carers is that if you have any concerns at all, please bring them up with your Care Manager so that they can address them.
I worked on and off for TGCG for three years. I only left because of health problems at the time and they were extremely supportive during that time. My only criticism if any would be that I think pay could be higher given the responsibility of being with a client 24 hours but I consider that an industry problem and TGCG abide by industry standards to the letter.
Pros
24 hour support at the end of the phone. Holiday pay.
Cons
Pay
10 July 2020
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a review and for being a part of delivering outstanding care to our clients. We're really pleased to hear that you felt supported during your time with us.
The management should treat the carers as humans not robots. Should be respectful and considerate.They matter as well. The management should respect equally the clients and the carers. They are the source of their money.
Pros
Zero
Cons
Keeping us without a job for long periods.
7 July 2020
We are saddened and surprised to read your review, it is not the usual feedback that we get and we pride ourselves on treating everyone fairly and respectfully. The scheduling team's job, in partnership with our care managers, is to match Carers with Clients and they do that very professionally according to clients' needs and the carer's skills, experience and availability. If you have any concerns, we strongly urge you to escalate those concerns to your Care Manager or your Regional Manager so that we can better understand them and address them with you. If you're not comfortable with that, please contact Employee Relations on 0203 728 7575.
Im working for TGCG since end of 2016. I never work for such company.
Caring,kind from the top to the bottom. You feel secure ,safe and supported. Carers are choosing their own work rota. Company is very flexible.We are well inform about training,courses we could take . Company has Carer community site where we can talk ,exchange ideas and find support for every aspect of life and work.
Pros
paid expenses
16 June 2020
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review. We're really pleased to hear that you feel supported and are enjoying our unique online carer community which allows our carers to share advice, experiences and learnings from placements as well as updates etc from head office. Thank you very much for the care you give and for make sure our clients can stay safely in their own homes #nowherebetter
I enjoyed my time with the good care group i was given as much support as i required .There was always someone to give advise or to have a chat if i wanted one .I have told friends that are looking to work in liveincare a out the Good care group.I only left because of family issues .
18 May 2020
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience of working for The Good Care Group, we really appreciate it. It's good to hear that you felt supported, we make sure there are always someone for Carers to talk to whether it's our 24/7 regional support team, care manager or other carers via our online carer community. Thanks for being part of the TGCG family.
Work from home role - great company, great pay, good staff, good management, good work life balance, supportive, equipment provided, working day varied from quiet to very busy
I worked for TGCG previously and found them professional and supportive .

Firstly you are welcomed in London with accommodation and first class training that is also fun. One of the trainers has been with the company from the beginning and is very experienced and entertaining.

Then you will learn that you are going to meet a lot of new people and make friends for life

The placements are all over the UK and I like the fact that you will be able to see new places and get paid for the privilege .

The regional managers are supportive and listen to any issues you have and have an array of methods to help you deal with situations that may arise .

There is also scope for plenty of overtime if you feel like topping up your salary .

The pay is at the higher end of the scale for live in care companies and the quality of service reflected in the same .

I really enjoyed working for this company previously and may very well retain .
Pros
Flexible working patterns, variety of clients, career development, competitive salary.
Cons
Lone working sometimes in remote locations (just need to prepare yourself for this.)
TGCG are the absolute best in the industry. I could not have asked for a more supportive employer. The business is very fast paced and you need to be prepared for this but this is exactly what you get when you work for an innovative company who always strive for excellence for their employees and clients.
27 April 2020
Thank you very much for your review, we are really pleased to hear that you feel supported. Our business is without a doubt both fast paced and innovative. In the current challenging climate which we operate in there really is #nowherebetter thanks to colleagues like yourself who make a real difference to our clients' lives. Thank you very very much.
I currently work here and I tell you don’t even bother! The management don’t check on you or your well-being and when there’s a problem with the other career coming to replace you it’s basically your problem. And it’s stressful. I get just £88 per day for looking after two clients and I do basically everything my self in the house. The management don’t help and I wouldn’t wish this on my worst enemy
6 April 2020
We are very saddened to read your comments. We absolutely care about all our employees, each person plays a vital part in providing the very best service to our clients. It is troubling to read that you have experienced a problem in the change-over with another carer, we can only reiterate that we have a formal escalation processes in place and that every employee can bring concerns to their line manager / Care Manager, or they can go to their Regional Manager or senior management team in the central office. We would encourage you to make contact asap so that we can address your concerns.
I was new to the care sector so I researched various companies before finding The Good Care Group (CQC rated Outstanding). It's a pleasure helping my client maintain her independence, surrounded by possessions that mean so much to her. I feel well supported by my Care Manager and have been offered career progressions and training.
24 February 2020
Thank you very much for your review, we're delighted to hear you feel well supported at The Good Care Group. Thank you for being part of what makes this organisation Outstanding.
I have worked for The Good Care Group for 3 years and have progressed within my role and have also been accepted as a Care Ambassador .
No two packages will ever be he same, as there will be differing needs to be aware of , as well as working with the person's conditions to maintain what skills they have and promote their sense of well-being through person-centred care.
20 February 2020
Thank you very much for your review and for being part of delivering outstanding care to our clients. You are absolutely right that every placement is different, but what remains constant is the level of care and attention everyone puts into it - thank you very much!
Awful company to work for. The training was great and lecturers were very knowledgeable and presented well, however the managing staff of the company were very difficult to deal with throughout the time I worked with them.
Although they knew I had worked 24 hours and not paid any overtime (they say they ‘review’ their clients to avoid this but that seems to be a long-winded and complicated process for them which never actually happened) they still expected me to move on to my next assignment straight away with no opportunity for a break.

Management were very unsupportive and unreasonable, didn’t seem to listen or care when a concern was raised. I was spoken to like a child- awfully condescending and patronising when I put so much into something I used to enjoy doing. They acted as if I was a burden to them and really did not seem to want to help or support me.

Whenever this was mentioned to them they’d just start piping on about how they’ve been rated as ‘Outstanding’ by CQC and how proud they are of themselves, as if this is a good enough excuse for them to treat their employees like a piece of dirt on the floor. They care more about their appearance and the money rather than their clients and their employees.

Also they give you the false impression that the initial training is free, but they take this from your pay!! I’m so glad I chose not to continue to work for them and I’m so much happier in my new role.
19 February 2020
We're glad to be given the opportunity to address training, and pleased to read that you agree we provide a great training programme.

All Carers attend a 5 day training course in London before their employment is finally confirmed. This is a safe-guarding measure protecting both our Clients and future Carers and it provides Carers with everything they need to perform the role to the highest standard.

The training includes manual handling, first aid, medications, safe-guarding, infection control and more and counts towards obtaining a Carer Certificate.

Unless a Carer lives in close proximity to our offices in London, we provide hotel accommodation and we offer a travel allowance to and from training, we provide lunch and breakfast.

In every Carer's contract we explain very specifically that we charge for training, however, we also pay that exact amount for a Carer to attend the training. If a Carer doesn't pass the training, we don't charge for the training received.

If a Carer decides to leave The Good Care Group before they have completed 12 months, we request a payment to cover part of the training and the Care Certificate. All our Carers' training certificates are transferable and you have the freedom to take them with you.

We absolutely care about all our employees, each person plays a vital part in providing the very best service to our clients. It is troubling to see that you have found colleagues less than helpful, we can only reiterate that we haven a formal escalation processes in place and that every employee can bring concerns to their line manager / Care
 - more...
I've worked for Good care Group before and found them very professional and supportive.
I find that Good Care group is extremely dedicated to improving the life style for the Elderly people and to treat people with respect.

I worked for 9 months in Marizion Cornwall in 2012
Pros
Travelling allowances
Cons
I prefer to work long term and live in Carer
19 February 2020
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review. We're very pleased to hear you found us supportive and professional, thanks for being part of providing the very best in care.
Your hours are based on DAHA (daily average hours agreement) which in my opinion is nonsense. My first placement I worked 15 hours a day when the DAHA was 10 hours. I was paid £89 per day. This broke down to 5.93 an hour and also up through the night with the client. There is also a 12 hour DAHA even if your client is set at this you will only receive an extra 1.97 per day. YES £1.97. Care workers in England are paid double that working in the community.
10 December 2019
Thank you for taking the time to do a review, it's good to know you were happy to make a difference in older people's lives. The DAHA is set when the care manager first assesses the client. This of course can change as the client's condition changes and it can sometimes happen quite rapidly. That's why it is so important all placement concerns are escalated immediately to the dedicated care manager. We also have a 24hr support line where similar concerns can be raised, so that we can review what support is needed. We would be very happy to speak with you to address these concerns. As an organisation we make it very clear that carers should escalate any issues, no matter how small, and we make a lot of effort to ensure all lines of communication are open - via the 24/7 carer support, the online carer community, Care Managers, Regional Managers and the weekly Carer lunches that our MD attends.
Very client focused forward thinking always looking for a better service for the clients.
Carer focussed making sure carers are well supported and can lose focus on the care managers
Pros
Good wages
Cons
Can mean lose. Work life balance
2 October 2019
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your views. We are pleased you feel there is a great focus on clients and supporting the professional Carers to do great jobs. It's equally important that our Care Managers feel supported and if you ever have any concerns, please bring them up with your Regional Manager. You are part of what makes this an Outstanding organisation, thank you for all your hard work.
The training given at this company is second to none.
Intense, informative, training given by fantastic staff.

Office staff are fantastic, caring and do their utmost to look after employees

All in all a great company with great experiences available for people looking for a live in caring job.
2 October 2019
Thank you very much for your comments. It's great to hear that you enjoyed the training, support and interaction with your colleagues. As a team we work really hard to constantly improve - and thank you very much for the part you played in this.
Worked 15 hour days which took me below minimum wage. They got as much money for me being in my placement as I did and had minimum input. Treated like a Child by Carer services. Saw my Manager 3 times in a year. Wage below average.
Pros
Cons
Carer Services
18 September 2019
We are concerned about your comments and would love to talk to you in more detail to understand your situation. We have 2, 4 and 6 week rotas so it is difficult to comment on the 5 weeks without knowing the specifics, however, what we can say very clearly is that we pay a daily rate, our DAHA (daily average working hours) are 10 or 12 and our Carers are instructed that they must alert their Care Manager if they find they work more hours in their placement so that we can review what support is needed. We are extremely proud of our professionalism and Outstanding ranking in all 5 categories by the CQC and this could not be achieved without our whole team feeling happy and supported in their jobs. We very much regret hearing your views and hope you'll give us a chance to understand the circumstances in order to address any potential shortfalls. You can email HR at Steven.Brown@thegoodcaregroup.com
T.G.C.G. At the time I worked for them did not adhere to what they advertised. There main belief was in themselves not staff or clients. Constant reminders of their achievements which did not show up in their care of staff or clients. They were happy to allow carer to work 24 hrs and expected her to go to next assignment immediately. Some managers have a culture of bullying ( not all ). As this was some time ago hopefully things have changed.
2 September 2019
Thank you for your comments. We are saddened and surprised to hear how you experienced working for The Good Care Group. The feedback we have from the majority our colleagues is very positive. Having achieved an 'Outstanding' rating in all 5 categories from the CQC earlier this year was very much due to how all colleagues work well together. We value our professional carers highly and have a culture of openness and respect where we encourage feedback to Care Managers or Regional Managers if Carers are more comfortable with that. Our Carers are also welcome to contact HR.