Play YouTube video button
The Gleneagles Hotel

The Gleneagles Hotel Employee Reviews

United Kingdom26 reviews
A great place to work and learn. Recommended both for someone seeking to advance a blooming career and also for those dedicated to a long service. There are negatives like in all jobs, but the job will reward you if you seek out the extras it can give you. The jobs there are geared towards ambition and advancement but if you sit on the side lines you will be overlooked and will become resentful, seeking to blame the company for your own timidity.
Pros
A great place to gather a wealth of experience and memories. A great addition to a cv.
Cons
Demanding hours. No free time on public holidays
Lots of benefits, Good salary, Stressful fast paced operation, always evolving with the times.Highly recommended. Room for lots of progression within the company
Pros
Paid overtime, Lots of benefits
Cons
Highly stressful
I greatly enjoy my job and look forward to coming to work. I have always been treated very well. I feel I'm part of a large team where everyone in Gleneagles is approachable and willing to help, if needed.
Pros
I was made very welcome from the start and now feel I'm part of an excellent team.
Cons
I can't think of any cons.
Pros;
Working with great people, in a truly iconic hotel. Investment in the resort has really pushed Gleneagles to the forefront of the industry, Ennismore and the on-site leadership team are building something very special. The improved focus on our people is welcome, but still has further to go.

Cons;

Hospitality is a demanding industry, the hours are long and the effort needed is immense. The industry is changing and becoming more accessible and Gleneagles is leading on this, however there is more work to do.
I have worked at Gleneagles most of my working life and I cannot imagine working elsewhere. You get great job satisfaction and build great rapport with the guests who have been coming a long time. The benefits are excellent, not only at the hotel but also abroad.
Was a great experience to work there. Unique Hotel, lots of activites , over 1000 staff members, many benefits, and course paid for the employee, staff acommodation possible.
Gleneagles is a beautiful place to work but it's clear that you will not advance unless you cosy up with the managers. they are preudiced and pick favourites. the perks offered are good though
Pros
discount throughout the resort and in other Ennismore hotels
Cons
stressful, mental health not taken seriously, work life balance not good
Dont work here bad rate of pay only minimum wage with no staff meals and accomadation is so bad and smelly and too much bother from head chefs absolutely no respect given at all.
Gleneagles is a great place for young adults to come and grow and thrive throughout the business and I really enjoyed my time here.
I would recommend Gleneagles for those who are looking to grow and expand there careers or just looking for a simple job. As Gleneagles will cater all
a challenging role that comes with experience that can transform your career and view on standards
I've been at Gleneagles 6 months now and the team have been really welcoming. Great resort and so many different opportunities. If you work hard, enjoy working with people and want to progress then I think it has it all. Having worked for a number of Scotland's 5* hotels, this is the best by miles.
Pros
Quality, training, customers, teamwork
Cons
Hard work, long hours (but at least I get the overtime!)
Very poor management that do nothing when faced with a problem they can't solve. the buck always gets passed to the guys on the front line expecting them to do the management's job for them, why they are hiding in their office.

front line staff are over worked and under paid and under appreciated by upper management.

no advancement allowed as they like to have yes men instead of people with opinions and vision.

very high turnover in staff. get the name and find better.
Pros
Cons
no proggrestion, under appreciated, poor management.
Very well looked after staff with great work perks, the hotel and facilities are second to none! Very large organisation with high turnover.
Always a busy environment with thousands of new customers weekly.
Working back to back, working unpaid for set up & through lunch.
Management have favourites which effects columns/benefits/progression/day to day activities.

If they don’t like you they will make your working life unbearable.

HR refuse to do anything about complaints, an atmosphere of bullying from management.

Work here for 6 months- get the brand on your C.V & then leave as quickly as possible, that is the best you can hope for.

Constantly over massage limits- promises never kept, not a 5* luxury- more like s cattle market.
Cons
Working in spa, back to back everyday, constantly over massage limits. No benefits to this job as your ‘free treatment’ can and does get cancelled so guest can have spot. All they think about is money instead of staffs health. Tips never given out, higher management unprofessional and unapproachable. Promised the world but once youve signed on the dotted line thats your social life gone. Great team of tharpists just very negativity atmosphere! Having to come in early to do room set up (unpaid) as they give you 15mins paid but expect you to be set up for your whole day in that time. Girls having to use their lunchtime (also unpaid) to keep up with the schedules. Definatley favourites when it comes to colums. No one replies or is helpful in anyway! Hr and spa managment only get in touch with you if it affects them, i had no replies to emails for weeks!

Youll not find happiness here.
Pros
Cons
Everything.
Gleneagles is a good place to work with many benefits, however you are expected to give 110% so it can be very hard work.

Most teams do get recognition for hard work with a few exceptions.

The staff and surroundings are amazing.
Pros
Staff Benefits, surroundings
Cons
Dit is werkelijk een prachtig bedrijf om te werken, je kunt hier superveel ervaring opdoen en veel leren op verschillende gebieden. Als je in deze buisness wilt werken is het zeker aan te raden hier een tijdje te werken, maar niet voor jaren achtereen.

Het leukste van het werken hier zijn de grote hoeveelheid verschillende soorten gasten die je over de vloer krijgt, en leren hoe je hier mee om moet gaan. Ook de verschillende feesten en evenementen die hier gegeven worden zullen je nog lang nablijven. zeer gevarieerd werk.

Het nadeel van werken hier is de onmenselijke druk en stress waar je mee te maken krijgt, de lange shifts en het onmogelijke werk door het personeelstekort. Ook krijg je vaak het gevoel niet gewaardeerd te worden door je team en van een echt team is eigenlijk vaak niet echt spraken. Ook heerst er een sterke vriendjespolitiek.

Dit vond ik ook een van de moeilijkste dingen om mee om te gaan. Ook was het management team niet erg sterk, en konden ze het vaak niet onderling eens worden en waren zij niet in staat harde grenzen te zetten, waardoor er veel fouten en verwarring onder het personeel ontstaat.

De eigenaar en General Manager doen hun best dit op te lossen.
Pros
Goede plek om veel te leren
Cons
Zwaar werk en erge vriendjespolitiek
great place to start if you are hospitality orientated hoverer difficult to move up the ladder. very international staff. company provides good benefits and training opportunities.
in the job, in your first day, they dont give you totally information that you should have to do in the rooms, when the days is passing you are going to learn because you do mistake, and when you did the mistake is when they teached you and you learn. the management is good. The workplace culture i like because we work with pone and if we need something or some help just we have to use the pone and somebody will come to help. the hardest part of the job is that they give so much room for do in 6.30 hours and sometimes you can not have brake because we dont have time. the most enjoyable part of the job i think are the employees are there.
Pros
work in the morning.
Cons
hard work, busy work.
From start to finish, terribly ran, management don't have a clue. Working like a dog for 12 hours straight.

Way below the 5-Star standard you'd expect.
Pros
Very few, pay was decent, however the amount of hours worked would reflect that.
Cons
Absolutely everything
Very long 12 hour shifts, no breaks as too busy apparently. Management don't know how to run an empty room nevermind a restaurant. Colleagues very into each other and don't like new comers. Only good thing was the pay and leaving but not worth it for the stress.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Long hours/useless management/other staff set in ways