The Fremantle Trust

The Fremantle Trust Employee Reviews

United Kingdom37 reviews
Great place to progress if you want to but harsh work/life balance due to hectic nature of the job. Would certainly recommend to those wanting a new challenge!
29 June 2020
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments, feedback is essential to ensure we continue to deliver high quality services to all colleagues and service users.
Very nice place to work.
Doing personal care

Shopping

Accompanying service user to lunch or dinner .

Also to the hospital of doctors .

Taking care of petty cash
26 June 2020
Good place to work.

But, not sure why Indeed are mandating this information to be completed. Indeed need to add option to allow this not to be required to complete the registration and use of this site!
28 June 2020
They never listen to what you’ve got to say or if they do that,they’ll never take in consideration,is like fighting with a wind storm,you’re short of staff all the time and you’ve got to do the work of two sometimes (most of the time).Also if you’re other nationality,they won’t offer you the oportunity to evolve in your career ( a bit rasist i would say ),the pay rate is not so great ... Other than that,it’s fine.
28 June 2020
Our value of ‘always be learning’ is adopted across the Trust and demonstrated by the number of courses, qualifications and training sessions on offer. Our people are very important to us, and we are keen to retain, support and progress team members to their desired position within the Trust.
I am discusted after 30 lony years in ser ice that i have been treted this way and cuts in pay ...we r the main frontline workers i have dedicated myself and this is unfair i hD to work 30 long years to reach this wage rate yet u bring in an 18 yr old with no experiwnce and pay my rate how is this fair ? Its not x
28 June 2020
Salaries are reviewed regularly and we’re disappointed to hear you weren’t entirely satisfied with your pay. Thank you for taking the time to post your comments
Management are beyond useless. Whenever you tell them about the problems going on e.g. staff arguing, swearing infront of clients, using there phones management aren’t interested. Choking incidents and falling incidents haven’t been documented. Epileptics have been left in rooms by themselves for hours so seizures could go unnoticed. No interaction between staff and residents. Everyone wants to stab each other in the back.
28 June 2020
Management at all levels are encouraged to be open, honest and approachable. We are disappointed to hear you feel this wasn’t always the case. We would really appreciate it if you could take the time to send us specific feedback to hrmailbox@fremantletrust.org so we can look into this further.
Although this was a busy, time restricted job with many stressful parts , its also very rewarding , happy, friendly place to work. There is also plenty of opportunity to improve your training.
20 November 2019
Will turn on you to save money. Only want yes men. Don’t care about abuse, assault, staff welfare just about avoiding making yet another financial deficit.

No loyalty or recognition of achievement or character, just about avoiding falling into an even bigger financial hole.

An awful, awful company. Unless you’re a trustee, CEO or senior leadership you’re expendable because you’re cheap
20 November 2019
Management at all levels are encouraged to be open, honest and approachable. We are disappointed to hear you feel this wasn’t always the case. We would really appreciate it if you could take the time to send us specific feedback to HRmailbox@fremantletrust.org so we can look into this further.
The staff rate is too small. The management need to look into putting more staff to be able to meet the needs of the customers and deliver the good quality care they paid for.
20 November 2019
We take time to carefully plan rota’s to ensure we have enough team members and we’re disappointed to hear that you feel that at times there were not enough colleagues on shift. As an organisation, we are always learning and we use feedback such as this to help us develop and enhance our services.
Not very professional, will discuss personal was info in front or their colleagues. HR say they are there for you, but just waiting to gossip. Don't feel you have anyone to turn to, but when you do....it all ends up on your shoulders without help
28 June 2020
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments; feedback is an ideal way to highlight areas where we could improve. We would really appreciate it if you could email us at HRmailbox@fremantletrust.org so we can look into this further.
The shift structure is not conducive to work life balance. The Management need skills development. Training is poor. Concern for staff's well-being needs some work. Pay structure is very unbalanced, where the Managers earn £65000 per year while those who do the hard work caring for the elderly earn £9 per hour. I have not quoted any confidential information here. The salary information is on the website. Nevertheless, I loved working in the environment because of the nature of the work being hugely rewarding and also the team spirit excellent at the Care Home I was working. I cannot speak for other Care Homes within the company. I have observed a high turnover of staff in my 6.5 years with the company.
28 June 2020
Delivering person-centred care can sometimes be challenging and at times requires long working hours. We recognise this within our teams and offer benefits and flexible shift patterns to avoid this having a direct effect on a team member.
I worked with the Fremantle trust for a few months and although I was here for only a shower period of time I had a manager that listened and was very understanding she was also a very hard worker.
My team was lovely and the residents made it worth while everyday I went it sometimes challenging but overall a nice place to work
Pros
Free lunch nice manager
Cons
Sometimes abit hectic
28 June 2020
Our people are very important to us and it’s great to hear this example of how strong our teams are. Thank you for taking the time to feed back to us.
I worked as a RGN for some time.
Whole Management is coming from Healthcare assistants so be prepared to be bullied by them.

Some nurses work for a higher rate while you get the flat rate as paye.

No promotion whatsoever.

Training- quite good

HR- very helpful.
Pros
Good training, weekly pay
Cons
Bad management unqualified, differences between hourly pay
25 April 2019
Very friendly staff made me feel welcomed throughout my job. Lovely place to work with a great environment and great people. :) Really recommend this place as a care assistant.
Meeting new clients. Making sure the clients had the best quality of life.

Happy environment.

I learnt a lot and my training helped me achieve this .

Management was approachable

Hardest part of the job I would personally say was sometimes the lack of communication with staff and not working as a team . Management needs better structure and more praise then negativity....
Cons
Long hours.
The job was in a very relaxing environment and the home itself was very relaxing. It helped not only put residents at ease but staff too. As well as that, the day had a good routine. The management is strong and culture of the place is very strong and homely.
Pros
Strong service
Cons
a very low paid job, but its a very easy low stress level job.
only temporary.

pros, easy work

cons, low pay, they want your blood and soul for the low wages.
Pros
easy work
Cons
low pay, they want blood for the low wages.
I had a fantastic team working for me. The business provides services for elderly care and supported living which is something that is close to my heart
Cons
Long commute
A very eye opening career path, with the experience to work with the elderly. However it is definitely like marmite; you either like it or don't. Also the pay isn't great.
awful place to work it is currently under investigation from the cqc for mistreatment unexplained deaths and poor medication management . I very much doubt it will open for much longer they also scored 0 on the food hygiene rating and also was investigated by watchdog and was featured in the maidenhead advertiser and the Observer
Managing domestic staff , rota and holidays. Order ,delivery and monitoring GOSHH chemicals and all care supplies. Covering shifts in all domestic work places.
Pros
uniform
Cons
possibility for overtime
Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Fremantle Trust. Our community is ready to answer.