The Extracare Charitable Trust

The Extracare Charitable Trust Employee Reviews

United Kingdom155 reviews
A great place to work
Its a great place to work, your days are dependant on the role you carry out my days are full and varied. Training when I initially started was second to none and they employed some of the best trainers I have ever encountered, a lot of training now unfortunately is more online.
Management differ from village to village but our management team are fun and supportive.

The work place culture is very much team orientated and focused. The hardest part of my job is not always being able to bring about a conclusion that suits all. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that tomorrow i'll be there again. It sounds cheesy I know but this organisation really do provide a platform that creates better lives for older people.
Good company to work for.
I have worked part time with the company for 10 years,travelling all over the midlands delivering stock or collecting donations alot of the time on my own driving but also as part of team when required.
Great staff in Nottingham but POOR as a company
The staff I worked with were amazing but head office and management are detached from the staff who work the floor. Same old story I guess but overall worth working for due to the support from colleagues.
Generally very flexible with working hours, can change due to the nature of the work (care) but the coordinator tries to work with you and is very fair.

Unfortunately almost no chance of advancement unless your face fits which again I suppose is quite typical. Lark Hill as a location is a great place to work, Extracare as a company do not care about the employees in the villages.
Average
Try hard but have no real direction. Central teams detached from reality on the ground. Managers overworked with unrealistic targets and residents expectation of services not realistic
Good
It is a good start off job for people simply looking for some work experience and also those intrested in working retail and who have interest in the particular charity or similar charity.
Good people
Very nice people to work with and friendly. The company are very good to work for. But I was volunteer which don’t get payed for. It is very good experience for a pay job in the future.
ethical
enjoyed it here , colleagues were nice , sometimes the company did not always back you up in certain situations and were very soft on staff that caused issues .
Not what EXTRACARE used to stand for!!
When I started working for ExtraCare the CEO was all for showing ‘the extra in ExtraCare’ as years have gone on this has been very much lost. Being a charity you would think that this should be the case.....but NO. I urge you to really consider you conscience as any job within this company will test it. It’s all about MONEY not the folk that live there nor work there. Think twice before applying!! If you are looking to apply be warned you will be taken advantage of at every opportunity. The high management will abuse their role and throw you under the bus to save their own skin.
Good location
It was fine till they left, I loved working there but with a new company taking over and my skills not required I had to leave, I was sad to leave and have missed working
Pros
Good company
Cons
Nice staff
Volunteer
Very good to work with they are a very good team I only work volunteer they train people really well and boast people confidence .everyone respect carly
Pros
Fee macdonalds
Cons
10 till 5.00
Great place to work. Management are fair. Pay above the minimum wage with good work benefits. Hours are very flexible. Allways hours and allways overtime if wanted. Not much job advancement opportunities.
My review is not relevant
My review is not relevant as i was a volunteer and only there for a few days, again needs some more characters dont put this on your website. Hopfully someone reads this and realises its not relevant
Enjoyable fun work place
A lovely company to work for I loved all my time there I had a brilliant deputy and a large number of volunteers but most have turned out to be good friends , the only reason I left was my mum was very unwell and she needed me x over all a good job
Pros
Meet loads of new people
Great place to volunteer
As a volunteer I have enjoyed my time at Extra Care a great deal. The staff are friendly and you are made to feel part of a team. working for a charity really makes you feel like you are making an impact on peoples lives.
Fun workplace.
A typical day was keeping shop floor and surfaces clean, delivering customer service, till service, helping customers put items into a bag, the management helped with workplace problems, I learned how to handle money to take to the bank each day, how to interact with customers and collegues.
Fun experience
An interesting and ever changing workplace that taught me many customer service skills and how to problem solve on the fly. The employees and manages were incredibly nice people who wouldn't hesitate to help if you had a problem with something.
Pros
first dibs
Cons
no pay
good hard working
nice days work give me lots of different jobs to do during the day. management was Brilliant always helpful. i learn how to run a team in the back of the shop.
volentary
I worked here as a volunteer when I was 15 to give back to my community and to get myself out of the house. It's a charity shop but I have no idea what the salary is like
excellent place to work
I work 2 full days per week. I deal with all aspects of the job from sorting donations, to filling shelves. I also work on the till and I am authorised to deal with refunds and petty cash. I have gain knowledge in shop work, dealing with the public face to face and providing excellent customer service. Even though the job is hard work we have excellent managers who make the job enjoyable. The hardest part of the job is the state of some of the donations. The best part is the people I work with. I am a key holder and responsible for opening up 1 day a week.
Excellent work ethic and forward thinking company
A positive healthy working environment. The team were very supportive and no micro management, extremely professional and always open to suggestions for change and improvement.
Pros
Great working environment
High staff turn over as they are overworked and underapppriciated
Staff and residents are great to work with but management do not engage with either of the two very well. This has resulted with many staff leaving and unhappy residents. Unfortunately business needs are a higher priority more than the wellbeing of people which is a shame because they'd definitely get better productivity if they knew how to treat them. Pay is reasonable but not worth the workload and misstreatment.
Pros
Decent pay, great environment.
Cons
Poor treatment
Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Extracare Charitable Trust. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2