The Estée Lauder Companies Employee Reviews

Found 201 reviews matching the search See all 1,681 reviews
Horrific Place to work.
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom30 July 2019
Worked for the company for a year and I have never ever worked in a environment so toxic and so mentally exhausting than this. The customers were great and the job was amazing as were the products. The management don't care about you, always blame you for things you did not do. Would not work around my uni, being told in the middle of a lecture If I did not come in I would be fired. Missed a lot of uni because of this job. The long hours and late nights were exhausting. They do not care about your mental state, don't care if your struggling. This job has now ruined my mentally stability to work and I can never fulfil my passion as a makeup artist.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Fake Colleagues and Management.
Avoid
Makeup Sales Counter (Former Employee) –  Dunfermline18 July 2019
Counter Manager lied to area manager re holidays.
Watched as Counter Manager changed my sales sheet to suit her own agenda when I asked why she was changing my sheet she said it didn't matter anyway.
Area Manager awful manner and no understanding of man management. Asked for product info - was told you sell makeup.
Very well Suporttive
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  HOF,Birkenhead16 July 2019
Would like to stay with this company, well looked after
Pros
Good holidays
Cons
Good hrs
Good for a first job
Estee Lauder Buruea Mobile Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London24 June 2019
It was an amazing starting point as I got experience working with luxury products and the ability to work with so many different brands and different locations. I learnt so many skills through working and training and i did enjoy it.
Empowering and always keeping us updated with new products and knowledge
CLINIQUE CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Lauder17 June 2019
Working for the Estee Lauder Companies always kept me on the go. With new, innovative products regularly being introduced to keep up with changes in trends and society.

I learnt many new skills and gained lots of confidence.
Long days but great if you love makeup
Counter Manager (Current Employee) –  Bath, Somerset21 May 2019
It's great at first and if you're a one-man counter it's a lot of fun because you're left to get on with it.

But at the same time, you're called out for not performing well when you've been taught nothing on how to do it.

The Area managers are absolutely appaling and you have to speak to them via a third party.
Pros
Estee Lauder discount
Cons
terrible pay
Fast paced work
Assembly Operator (Former Employee) –  Petersfield16 May 2019
I enjoy the job I learnt too work hard fast pace work, I’ve learnt a lot from this work space you need a lot of commaction with work colluges. I also learnt how too fix manchine with training provided through the company
fun place to work
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Lauder4 May 2019
changing culture in the distribution area of the business has lead to a very unstable management structure and alot of people leaving the business in a short space of time.
bad communications within the business
Pros
good pearks
Perfect
Packer/Picker (Former Employee) –  Fareham, Hampshire27 April 2019
Estee Lauder its best place for work in my life.But only christmas time there have job,after that-NO BODY WILL WORK THERE,start october and finish december
Pros
Free tea and coffee
Cons
Job Only to christmass
Bad management, Awful worklife
PAYROLL ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Lauder25 April 2019
Want to work for a fun, hardworking, sociable team?
Then don’t work in the payroll department at Estée Lauder.
Very clicky team, management are rude, not even a hello in the morning.
I witnessed people being bullied in the workplace (addressed this and nothing was done), people going home crying because they feel deflated.
Expected to work overtime for free (baring in mind your already on close to minimum wage) and not even a thank you.
Staff constantly leaving and the main reason is management.
Only good thing is the other departments on the same floor, they all seem to get on well and they are really friendly - work for one of those departments instead!!
Also you get discount on cosmetics and free stuff at Xmas etc
Pros
Discount on cosmetics
Cons
Everything about the payroll department!
good benefits and fun place to work
Packer/Picker (Former Employee) –  Lauder22 April 2019
Sometimes quite tedious but on the whole an easy job with lots of good benefits. on a day tol day basis i would usually pick the make up then in the afternoon.
Pros
goodie bags
Exciting and secure workplace
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Kendal17 April 2019
Working for Estée Lauder provides you with knowledge and a high performing level of customer care whilst on counter. It also helps you understand Individual customer needs alongside a high level of training to ensure you achieve targets. Estée Lauder is an exciting company you can progress in.
Pros
Discounted products
fun place to work
wearhouse operative (Current Employee) –  Petersfield, Hampshire9 April 2019
estee lorda was great job the people are lovly and its like being with another family there unfortunetly i had to leave because the night shift was not the right move for me the money is great for what you have to do and weekly pay you cant go wrong
Pros
the team
Cons
night shift
Great place
Mobile Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  London29 March 2019
A good place to work for. A lot of benefits for beauty care and also a lot of training is provided. However, there is no work life balance and the salary can be better.
Pros
good place to learn new things
Cons
no work life balance
Versatile workload
Bureau Consultant (Former Employee) –  London27 March 2019
Suitable for someone who likes a challenge and also haven't got any other responsibilities ie children. As you will need to be flexible to reap the benefits of any shifts that comes up.
Pros
Employee discount, meeting new customers
Cons
Travelling to new locations frequently
Great Job
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Swindon1 March 2019
Lovely company to work for.
Loved assisting customers/colleagues.
Team Player
I was very looked after - since having a baby and going on maternity leave. The company really was outstanding.
Great Place to work not much progression within the brand
Make-up Artist, FT (Former Employee) –  Lauder24 February 2019
fantastic company to work for and have many benefits. Selling skills area must as there are high priced products and have to have confidence in selling an knowing the brand. if you want to progress within this company it can be hard as there are not many routes you can go down.
Pros
company benefits
Cons
no progression
Inspiring and Desirable
Junior Store Designer (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London18 February 2019
working as a UK store Designer at Estēe Lauder was an amazing opportunity and a great stepping stone.
I learned love and respect for the brands and its sister brands, I also value the team work how individuals help one another.
I also learned that every person should be respected regardless of what their role or status is within the company.
Pros
work place (offices)
Cons
managment
Unfair management, no perks to the job
Make up Artist (Former Employee) –  Surrey3 February 2019
After 2 and a half years at MAC I can honestly say I would NEVER recommend someone to work for them. no perks, not valued and extremely under paid for the amount of work you do! Too many other brands out there now. They have turned into Benefit, just making their staff pushy sales people. Unfair management on every level possible.
Pros
Cons
Under paid over worked
hard working job
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  segensworth, fareham2 February 2019
a typical day at work was doing online shopping orders and all day everyday and occasionally i went over the other side to do packing if they needed extra help. the workplace was a warehouse team was great but your basically working on your own the hardest thing is being in steal cap boots and on your feet all day long and with one break
Pros
lunch was cheap
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Estée Lauder Companies. Our community is ready to answer.