The Entertainer Employee Reviews

fun work place
Christmas Temp Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carmarthen, Carmarthenshire8 April 2019
good place to work if u like kids. learnt to use a till. bad uniform. closed on Sunday which was annoying as I only wanted to work weekends. hardest part of the job was being around annoying kids
Pros
fun
Cons
very busy
15 April 2019

Thank you for sending us your review. Your feedback has been noted and we are pleased to see its a fun workplace for you.
If you would like to discuss any of the points you have raised further, please can you email us via Recruitment@theentertainer.com

Extremely positive environment
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nottingham8 April 2019
A typical day at The Entertainer feels really productive, you get given the opportunity to work in many different aspects of retail such as customer service, till operation, demo's, stock replenishment which adds more excitement to your day so you don't bore of the same repetitive task. Management sticks to your contracted hours and only give you overtime if you have already agreed. Management is ever so lovely and thoroughly supportive, if you make a mistake they help you to fix it, they won't shout at you or belittle you. The only downside is the horrible customers, but that is no fault of The Entertainers. There are so many ways to progress at the store with many online courses you can take in order to improve knowledge and pay. I am thanked for my time after every single one of my shifts. I highly recommend a career at The Entertainer.
Pros
Positive environment
Cons
Rude customers sometimes
15 April 2019

Thank you for sending us your review. We are happy to see you find it an extremely positive environment working with us.

Very nice place to work
Temporary Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Colchester26 February 2019
I worked here as a Christmas temporary sales assistant and overall the job was lovely.
Most staff members was friendly, always overtime to do if your looking for more hours over Christimas and shop floor is busy and always something to do (especially on Saturdays!)

Assistant manger liked to think they was the manger though as was rude at times, same with some employees when mangers weren’t around.

Only negative thing is you knew what you was working the following week every Saturday which wasn’t much noticed and never had the same days off only on sundays which wasn’t convenient as I never knew what I was doing and was unable to book important appointments
Pros
Good working hours and friendly team
Cons
Not much notice for a weeks work
4 March 2019

Thank you for sending us your review. We are happy to hear you found our team friendly and had good working hours.
Your feedback has been noted and if you would like to discuss this further, please don't hesitate to contact us via Recruitment@theentertainer.com

Difficult workplace
Christmas Temp Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire26 February 2019
A lot of pressure over Christmas. You're expected to put them ahead of everything else. The manager at the time ignored my medical conditions and placed me in the warehouse when they knew my asthma would make that dusty warehouse a very uncomfortable experience.

Management also told me I was never meant to be hired, I was never their first choice. So all morale was gone that day. A lot of stress for not much money.
4 March 2019

Thank you for taking the time to send us your review. Your feedback is important to us and has been noted. We are sad to hear you found it a difficult workplace and would like to discuss this further with you. Please can you email Recruitment@theentertainer.com to discuss this further.

Wonderful but clique-based
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Livingston2 February 2019
I worked at the Entertainer in Livingston for about 6 months. At first I loved it, it was fun and the managers were really friendly and understanding. However, after my first month, there was a lot of drama as one colleague got depression and there were people who were looking down on him for that, I think one person (who was incredibly helpful to me) defended him. Anyway, me being new, did not want to engage in this drama which turned the clique originally against him against me. The leader of said clique proceeded to bully me so badly I considered quitting and got into counselling, as she was a more permenant and experienced member of staff the managers trust her more and she ensures that it's only her clique which moves forward. Worst day of the job I got physically assaulted by a customer who complained about me (I was crying cause of the bullying) and the managers told me how no one liked me in the workplace so I had a panic attack on the shop floor. This was a toy shop at Christmas. Beware of cliques.
Pros
Really understanding, wonderful management
Cons
Managers are manipulated by staff and taken advantage of, clique based mentalities.
4 February 2019

Thank you for the time you have taken to send us your review. Your feedback has been noted and if you would like to discuss this further please contact us via Recruitment@theentertainer.com

Fun experiance
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire24 January 2019
I really enjoyed my time at the Entertainer, they have a great work ethic and environment. I also improved on a lot of my personal skills when I worked there such as; time management, communication, problem solving etc.
Great company , Great management
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff14 January 2019
I had two seperate occasions working as a sales assistant for the Entertainer . My most recent occasion working as Christmas crew and I must say I had a brilliant time . The company are very organised and a pleasure to work for .

I worked in the Cardiff branch and have to mention Jan Preece my manager . He was very helpful from the start and his organisational skills were next to none.
A great manager which the Entertainer should be proud of having .

I would recommend anyone to work for the Entertainer. The experience you can get is well worth it.
Pros
Use of staff room, great laughs
Cons
Can be stressful during xmas but all part of the fun
Entertainer Staines
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Staines-upon-Thames, Surrey28 December 2018
Management walking round all day doing nothing and hiding upstairs when we need people on the shop floor during busy Xmas period. Staff are friendly and the customer assistants make the job enjoyable, but the power the managers think they have over them is horrible.

Also no career prospects here.
Pros
20% Discount
Amazing Place
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, Lincolnshire9 December 2018
My overall review of The Entertainer toy shop, is that I couldn't have thought of a better place to do my work experience in 2016. They were so welcoming and make be feel like part of the team with all the jobs i didn't which I was there for a work. If I was ever stuck on a job that I was given, they made it clear that it was okay to ask for help.
Pros
great partnership
Cons
no cons
Enjoyable, however poor management
Part Time Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Banbury14 November 2018
Typically, work varies day to day - depending on customers, deliveries, etc. - but you are usually kept busy with tasks. I have learned a great deal and have developed professionally a lot whilst working there. The store manager, however, is the one thing dragging morale and the atmosphere down. We (as a team) have had many issues with her - which have been brought up with higher management - and nothing has changed or been effective. I do believe that most other stores have a positive workplace and that we may be one of the few anomalies.

However, meeting customers - learning about their needs and fulfilling them - is very rewarding, especially when you begin meeting regular customers and can really tailor the service to them. Personally, I have also really enjoyed participating in costume visits and fun days and helping make children's days better. The hardest part is, for me at least, the management style and the obstacles I have faced and overcome - however this is something that has developed me and made me a better professional person.

Overall, we have a really positive team and the atmosphere is usually very good - the team is very close and we help each other as much as possible.
Pros
Staff discount, flexibility with shifts, team and customer friendliness
Cons
Repetitive jobs, long hours, hard manual work
Horrendous!
In 2016, I did work experience in retail (Former Employee) –  Scunthorpe5 September 2018
Was only there on a work trial but will never go into that store again. The management was full of bullies and talked to me like I was stupid despite the fact I am in my 50's
Pros
Nice customers
Cons
Terrible management
Nice place to work
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Scunthorpe1 September 2018
Caring company with staff discount available.
Merchandising and tablet sales are a big part of the job with customer service at the forefront of their goals.
Will be on your feet all day.
Expected to be able to communicate well with children and parents.
productive and fun work environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carlisle17 July 2018
I didn't want to leave it was only the contract that meant i had to.
The people I worked around were amazing and the shop was run really well. I enjoyed helping people find their way and the demonstrations were really fun and did actually help to boost sales.
Pros
friendly work environment
Fun workplace
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Hull21 June 2018
This was the best work experience I had they were so friendly, and ensured you was confident and settled within the work force. My exerience here was amazing that i would work there again as they always ensure you feel welcome: they also made me feel like I was a part of a team were not all the time people get these experiences.
Pros
friendly and welcomng
Friendly colleagues
Customer Assistant (Work Experience) (Former Employee) –  Swindon7 May 2018
During my brief spell of work experience with The Entertainer I felt like a part of the team and was given plenty to do, although I felt I could have been given a wider variety of things to do. Everybody was also welcoming, friendly and accommodating.
Pros
Valuable experience
Cons
Lack of variety
fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coventry30 April 2018
the assistant manager was appointed acting manager while the main manager was away, what a nightmare we had to deal with, however since the main manager has come back, everything is in order and now you can work comfortably!
Pros
what pros?
Cons
you might have to stay way longer than expected
A great short term job
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester26 March 2018
The entertainer is a great place to work. A typical day insists of interacting with customers and selling toys. Saturdays are great day to work as there is a vs challenge which is a challenege between the stores within a particular area. Each store demos a particular toy and has a percetange of sales target to hit for that day.
Pros
Plenty of employee benefits
Cons
Only part time work unless its a management position
It isn’t a fun workplace and helpful for learning new skills.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Uxbridge, Greater London17 March 2018
A typical day at work at the entertainer was to stock up the shelves, talk to customers directing them to what they are looking for and to sort out the stock upstairs. I learned how retail works and I believe I could transfer what I learned into a new job. I gained a good experience working there and I enjoyed working in that environment. The most enjoyable part of the job was to talk and be able to help people out on the store floor but the hardest part was making sure everything was prepared and making sure everything was neat so the store has a good presentation to other customers.
Pros
Got to meet amazing new people
Cons
Busy shop floor at some times
Fun and Productive Work Place
Christmas Crew (Former Employee) –  Worcester8 March 2018
Extremely pleasant working environment and would recommend for first-time employment as well as veterans in customer service.

The managers were helpful and always let you know what the stores targets are for the day, so you are aware with how you need to perform which was a nice refreshment!
Pros
Brilliant Colleagues
Cons
Can be stressful around the holidays
best place i have worked
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peterborough27 January 2018
i worked for the entertainer over Christmas 2015 and loved every moment of it even if some days i got back home with sore feet because of standing up all day serving customers or stacking shelves i hope to work there again soon.
Pros
great colleagues, staff discount.
Cons
occasional customer that is difficult to deal with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Entertainer. Our community is ready to answer.