The Entertainer

The Entertainer Employee Reviews

United Kingdom150 reviews
I worked here as a Christmas temp after doing it last year. When I returned I informed the manager of an injury I had, she said she understood and still gave me the job. She told me I would only work on the tills so I wouldn’t aggravate my injury, then had me constantly running up and down the stairs until I could barely walk. We AGREED that it was not a good idea for me to do overtime (I had a 20 hour contract) and then she gave me 30 hours. This seems like poor management to me. She was also usually stood around talking poorly about other members of staff, including the assistant manager. I would never go back here.
16 March 2020
Thank you for the time you have taken to send us your review. We are concerned by the points you have raised and we would very much like to discuss these with you confidentially and investigate further. Please can you contact us via Responses@TheEntertainer.com
There were a lot of employers that were not payed, and they have been not payed for over a year. I should think after a year of work experience there, they should surely be able to pay them. The manager was not understanding to his employees and were to harsh.
Pros
Fun work
Cons
Long hours with no pay
Working at The Entertainer was a joyous 2 years, working in a couple of different stores helped me gain much needed experience. I started in the Bluewater branch which yes at times can be busy but the team pull through. I then transferred to the Chatham store which gave me more responsibility than I had previously. The staff in every store always go above and beyond to do their best. Alongside respected pay, you have the chance to earn more through modules and go on courses. The staff are all amazing and I keep up with some of them regularly, amazing!
Worked at the Welwyn Garden City branch when I was a student. I liked the job but the management was one big bully culture. None of us afraid of hard work but managers assumed we were all lazy because we were young. Supervisor and manager would constantly make up rumours/slag off staff within earshot/ bully staff as well as not be afraid to show their favourites (we were all students/young/first jobs so we didn’t know that this behaviour was unacceptable. Not a bad company but please review the bully culture within management.
My time there was amazing would definitely recommend it to anyone it's a thought job but the staff make it all worth it and you always go away loving your job
12 March 2020
Thank you for sending us your positive review. Its great to see its a great place to work in Manchester Arndale.
it is none paid but it is a nice place and also fun shop to get work experience but it was more hands on job and more stressful work place to work and need more shift
12 March 2020
Thank you for sending us your review. We would like to say thank you for all your hard work while completing your works experience with us in our Manchester Arndale store. It's great to see you think it's a nice place to work.
Very welcoming

Tidy

Very safe for costumers

Safe place to work

Always thinking of others
Pros
Get discount
9 March 2020
Thank you for the time you have taken to send us your review. It's great to read about your positive experience working with us in our Staines branch. We will pass this on to the relevant management team.
The job itself is great if you like kids, helping customers and interacting with family's was really great however the assistant manager made everyone's life very difficult, making members cry.
If you didn't walk the way she wanted for example she'd embarrass you in front of everyone and when confronted about it would scream, cry and walk out,

She ruined what could have been a wonderful job.

She created an environment at work that made everyone fearful. Constantly talking about team members and their inefficiency to other members of the team.

really unfortunate for a woman that's been there for so many years and at a number of different stores. She even went through peoples personal files and read out sections to us, including one regarding a woman she got fired from another store.
9 March 2020
Thank you for the time you have taken to send us your review. We are concerned by the points you have raised and we would like to discuss these with you confidentially and investigate further. Please can you contact us via Responses@TheEntertainer.com
Good place to work started off as Christmas crew but have been given lots of overtime and advancement opportunities. Great pay eccpecially for teenagers. Really fun work place and nice and relaxed but not boring.
9 March 2020
Thank you for sending us your review. It's great to see you find working in our Maidstone store fun. We will pass on your positive comments to the management team of the store.
The job was highly stressful over Christmas however all the team worked together. The pay is amazing and the people who work there are too. Very understanding managers and colleagues. We all had banta but knew when to work and always got the job done. If I could work until the Entertainer again I would, but no vaccines. Amazing job with amazing people.
24 February 2020
Thank you for sending us your positive review. Firstly, we would like to say thank you for all your hard work! Christmas is our busiest time of the year and its great to read about your positive experience with us. Although we don't currently have any positions available in Cardiff, you can sign up for our job alerts via www.thetoyshop.com/careers and you will be alerted as soon as a vacancy becomes live. Thank you, again, for your review and we wish you all the best.
it was Christmas time and it was a good time. the staff were great, really happy to help you and so friendly. if you needed help knowing what to do or learning new things they were always happy to help. i recommend
9 March 2020
Thank you for sending us your positive review. It's great to see you found working with us Coventry exciting and fun!
I really enjoyed my time at The Entertainer the staff were great and friendly, they always help people if they are stuck with anything, they were great with helping customers and always polite and kind to others
7 February 2020
Thank you for your positive review! It's great to read about your experience working with us in Sunderland.
The management at the Entertainer are really lovely. I really enjoyed my time there, they are so patient with new starters and really made me feel welcome. Because of this I found it really easy to settle in and had a lot of fun working there. The only reason I left was because it was a temp job!
4 February 2020
Thank you for the time you have taken to leave us your positive review. It's great to see you have had a great experience working with us. We would like to take this opportunity to say thank you for all your hard work in your Crew role.
Fantastic staff, always a fun challenge to aspire to complete, friendly competition to meet sales. Supportive and always ready to help management with ample opportunities to further your retail knowledge.
28 January 2020
Thank you for sending us your review. We are happy to read your positive review and would like to thank you for all your hard work while working with us.
Worked here from September until end December on fixed term contract. Not the worst company I've ever worked for and far from the best. No one wants to listen to suggestions about the day to day running, there is alot of favouritism especially at my branch and a lot of back stabbing. If any one is seeking to have a good career it is not here but for a casual job it is perfect as the majority of staff hired are school and ubi age.
28 January 2020
Thank you for the time you have taken to send us your review. We are very sad to read the points you have raised and would very much like to discuss these with you so we can investigate further. Please can you email us via Responses@TheEntertainer.com
I was so excited to join The Entertainer, on paper it sounds like the dream job however the reality was massively different.
The part time staff all work extremely hard and often don't get the credit they deserve. The targets they set are unrealistic, and if you don't reach your expected target your made to feel guilty about it. The amount of stock sent in daily was not appropriate for the size of the store and it's turnover, moving stock around in the timeframes your given was also unrealistic.

When you had a Regional manager visit he would say something different to your area manager than what he would say to your face so you would never know which one was telling the truth (or why he couldn't say it to your face) the other members of the management team were very dishonest and two faced. They would often go behind your back and talk about you to other staff members. Even resorted to making rumours up to try and get you in trouble!

Saturdays were the only good working here as it's where you get to demo products and really show your selling skills and engage with real people.
Pros
Good Pay, 1 hour lunch break, Saturday demo day
Cons
Low Moral, repetitive tasks, unrealistic expectations
23 January 2020
Thank you for the time you have taken to send us your review. We're very sorry to hear this feedback and we would like to discuss this with you so we can investigate further. Please can you email us via Responses@TheEntertainer.com.
I may have only been there for a couple months but at no point during that time was I made to feel different for being a temp I felt welcomed from the first moment
It was a fast paced environment that taught me a lot about the world of work

There were times when things started to get away from me but the team was always there to help and they never had a problem with helping out
21 January 2020
Thank you for your review. We are happy to read you were welcomed into the team while working with us as Christmas Crew. Christmas is our busiest time of the year and we would like to thank you for all your hard work : )
No matter how long I was working I still felt I have improved myself, I gain some new skills, I believe will be useful in the future, like: customer service skills, using multiple systems, taking fast paced decisions and etc.
21 January 2020
Thank you for sending us your review. It's great to hear about how you have gained new skills which will help in the future.
By far one the best jobs I’ve ever had! Christmas Temp position and I didn’t want to leave! The team of people I worked with was amazing and they were all very welcoming and friendly. Everything is customer driven in a good way but they also respect their staff. 10/10 best company
21 January 2020
It's lovely to read about your experience in Workington, thank you for your positive review. Christmas is our busiest time of year and we would like to thank you for all your hard work! Please sign up for job alerts on our careers page www.thetoyshop.com/careers and you will be notified when I position becomes available in your local area.
It was a fun place to work I was able to go back and work there when I came back from university over the Christmas break. I was also able to make friends there.
14 January 2020
Thank you for your positive review. We are happy to see you found working in our White City store fun making friends along the way.
Absolute horrible place to work. Management are bullies. Worked there for the worst part of two weeks. From the get go I knew I had made a bad mistake of accepting a job there. The level of staff turnover is shocking. So many other staff have left there too due to bullying. This includes two assistant managers. Manager mocks you behind your back because she knows people won’t tolerate her behaviour. I was told off by the supervisor because I left the store 10 minutes late! She didn’t even thank me for it. She just told me off. I knew that it wasn’t for me after that: Definitely wouldn’t recommend working here!
Pros
Working with customers. Kept me busy!
Cons
Poor excuses for management. They are all bullies!
14 January 2020
Thank you for the time you have taken to send us your review. We are sad to read about your experience working with us and we are concerned by the points you have raised. We would like to discuss this with you so we can investigate further. Please can you contact us via Responses@TheEntertainer.com