The Emirates Group Employee Reviews

Found 27 reviews matching the search See all 1,613 reviews
Diverse cultural differenses
First trained Cabin Crew (Former Employee) –  United Arab Emirates13 August 2018
Different cultures in customers and crew. Strict Country and company rules to adhere to. Shift work and often jet lag . Excellent safety and cabin training
Pros
Free appartment
Cons
Heat often unbearable in uniform in certain months
Not a great place to work
Customer service and sales agent (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester28 January 2019
Good for experience. They training is very good. however after training nothing new and the pay is not good and the hours if you have a family not very flexible
fun hard working environment
Customer Sales and Service (Former Employee) –  Manchester Airport, Greater Manchester8 May 2018
A great company to work for. The hours may be difficult and you may face up to 60 calls a day but the management are friendly and supportive in all manners.
Pros
Supportive management & free coffee
Cons
Many Calls, not great commute if you have no car
Aviation Podiatrist (Former Employee) –  EGHQ17 June 2018
Great perks, great challenge, great colleagues, great working hours. Worked extremely hard - very proud of what we achieved. HR very organised within organisation.
Pros
Engaging place
Cons
Too much pressure at times
Estate Agent Negotiator
First Class Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Hampshire Surrey UK1 June 2016
Estate Agent Negotiator.
Handling new instructions and to liaise with vendors and solicitors, Researching clients needs, investment purposes and prospecting physically and via the phone. Active and Responsible for Corporate Sales. Internal and External Communication. Secure additional inventory over high demand and compression periods to satisfy customer needs. KPI Metrics. Collaborate and network with contractors, home inspectors, solicitors and other stakeholders. Appraise property value by researching the market and past purchases. Mediate the dealings between sellers and buyers. Remain knowledgeable about the market and best practices. Gathering data for plan development, monitor and compile competitive advertising and data. Marketing awareness on best practice, marketing techniques/ tools to achieve. Digital Viewing and communication with all concerned parties to guarantee adequate planning, execution and monitoring of market activities. Establish reports in Sales-force, developing quotes and proposals. Attend conferences, meetings and industry events.
Pros
Work environment/ team dynamics
Cons
Market place
hectic environment/very productive
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Business park next to Manchester airport13 January 2018
The job involves several tasks such as problem solving when faced with flight disruptions, dealing with complaining customers, assisting agents who have technical issues or difficulty in re-issuing tickets, making manual calculations, quoting fares, etc, monitoring attendance and sickness for the team members, giving coaching as appropriate and providing feedback on their perfomances.
Another task is managing a busy inbox with requests for investigations following up customers' complaints.or other requests of various nature from other stations.
As a team leader I make sure that I motivate and inspire the team members by organizing team building exercises to help and develop a strong team spirit, I also give the support they need when coming across hurdles showing compassion and understanding in moments of personal crisis. There are days when the agenda is so busy that I have to decide what I have to prioritize and to whom I should delegate some of the duties.
What I enjoy most is meeting so many people from different cultures, talking to our premium customers and being able to fulfil their requests and solve any issues that they might have encountered.
In the course of my career I have learnt how to dominate my fierce temperament and how to deal with irate customers. I have also learnt to be a good listener and I have gained a lot of confidence.
Pros
free fligths, duty travel
Cons
long working hours, non sociable hours (late shift ends ar 21.30), having to book holidays 1 year before hoping nobody else is going to book for the same period.
Productive, friendly working environment
Airport service agent (Current Employee) –  Manchester Airport, Greater Manchester26 September 2017
Emirates is a Professionally run company with a multicultural work force with high standard of customer service.
Friendly working environment and great benefits.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
people are good fun to work with and productive when helping people
Chauffeur (Former Employee) –  gatwick airport1 April 2014
meeting passengers from the flights and transporting them home or to the airport learning much about the geography of the country. although management and co-workers are enjoyable and friendly, as a driver you work alone for most of the day. the hardest part of this job is the sometimes long hours of waiting for the next pick up but then the enjoyable part of helping passengers to reach the airport in time for the flights.
Pros
customer satifaction
Cons
sometimes very long hours
Nice place if you like call centers
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Manchester13 October 2017
Emirates is a great place to work if you enjoy the call center environment which I didn't. The management is very flexible as long as you provide results but it is a very high pressure position when you will be asked to justify everything.
Pros
Discounted flights
Cons
too many calls
Fun place to work
Customer sales and ticketing agent (Former Employee) –  Manchester19 January 2017
Great place to work . Best management just that it's very less pay for the amount of work the English language people do. Other language speakers do get more benefits
Pros
Flexible times
Cons
Less pay
Great working environment
Senior Finance Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, ENG2 July 2015
Busy working hours
Great working Culture
Excellent management
Colleagues are very co-operative
Flexible working hours
Pros
good office
Multinational global company with great opportunities
Recruitment Specialist (Current Employee) –  London, UK8 February 2017
I was given an opportunity to build my career with the company and gained valuable experience. I have worked with people from over 140 nationalities and traveled to different parts of the world as a recruiter. I have also completed many in-house trainings and development workshops. It has been a fast paced and sometimes stressful environment but one I enjoyed working in.
Marketing communications specialist
Corporate Communications Manager (Former Employee) –  London11 September 2013
A marketing specialist with over fifteen years’ holistic experience gathered in the fast-paced aviation sector. Representing a high profile brand required skills covering all elements of the marketing mix to which I bring pragmatism, passion, professionalism and proven results, combined with effective project and budget management.
excellent customer service
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester31 August 2017
Working for Emirate Airlines, has introduced me to the importance of customer service and how such a large company operates and manages its services.

The office was amazing and provided staff with the facilities needed to enjoy work and have a good break.

It was very mulit cultural as we were the head office in the region and employed people who spoke different type of languages.
Set producer
DJ and Mix Engineer (Current Employee) –  Oxford28 May 2015
I was very much left to my own devices to be creative and make the decisions on the music that was used during each set. The job is extremely enjoyable however, can be quite tedious at times. All mixes were produced on DAW as opposed to vinyl or CDJ due to request from Emirates. In doing this, i have gained a vast knowledge on 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s Disco and House music. All mixes had a set deadline that was always met with good time and quality. When doing these mixes a host was also brought in to do voice over. I recorded all vocals and done all post aspects of each mix including advertisements. Lastly, I had to communicate with Energy Groove UK (Radio) as they were the sponsors for this project.
Pros
Looks good on the CV and personal gain.
Cons
No pay, large DAW job.
Fun work place
Airline check in (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, SCT19 January 2015
My review is the Edinburgh Airport Emirates airline check in and it's what the air cabin crew and flight attendants like to become. But I'm also writing to become a air cabin crew as this would be my first time as those people who would like to train me.
Pros
Free lunches
Productivitie
Customer Sales and Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Manchester16 August 2016
Working foe Emirates is an excitin experience has a day of work is a combination of profissionalism and friendship amoung collegues.Emirates has an amzing culture reason why the results as a Business are 100.
Pros
ledership style
Cons
distance
Summary of work
Cargo customer service agent (Current Employee) –  Heathrow8 February 2016
A typical day at work would be answering constant emails and trying to keep up with the pace, as well as carrying out individual job functions.

I have learned a lot about the cargo industry. I learned through actual experiences like carrying out certain tasks which require procedures which need to be adhered to.

I enjoy working with my colleagues who are of all different ages which is a good balance as you can learn a lot from others and their work experiences.
Pros
big team, busy environment, different job functions
Cons
pre bookings which are time consuming
Emirates Group
Customer Service Contact Agent (Current Employee) –  Manchester11 August 2015
I am currently working for Emirates Airlines in a call centre based in Manchester taking inbound calls from Customers all over the world.

Daily duties include making bookings or amending current bookings, also booking Wheelchairs, seating and also booking cars for pickup and drop off at the airport.

The hardest part of the job would be the recalculations of tickets and reissue. The best part of the job is speaking to customers all over the world making all there travel possible.
Pros
Travel Deals
Cons
Call Centre
Excellent company
Temporary assignment (Former Employee) –  Terminal 1 - airside based15 May 2015
I really enjoyed working at the airport environment, very busy at all times. So many things to learn about the aircrafts as got an opportunity to work in the engineering department. I enjoyed my visits going to the aircraft with the company engineers and got to extend my knowledge of the parts and etc for the aircraft and what equipment they use to load and start the aircraft, very exciting position.
Pros
to gain aircraft knowledge
Cons
temporary position

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Emirates Group. Our community is ready to answer.

The Emirates Group Reviews by Location