The Economist Employee Reviews

Interesting
Economist (Former Employee) –  London25 November 2018
Here I was able to gauge how a journalist engages in work and how they format their articles. I learnt a fair amount about the inner workings of the company.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
Limited breaks
Productive and fun yet professional workplace environment
Junior IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Cabot square, Canary Wharf, Greater London5 July 2017
The economist group at Cabot square is situated in an amazing place with amazing views, the staff are very polite and happy, the work environment is very comfortable and there are many perks of working at this wonderful place, the kitchen is fully stocked with snacks, cereals, coffee and more.

During work hours the place tends to be quiet as the employees work away and the conference rooms are nicely set out for visitors or Google conference calls for meetings, etc.

The economist is full of lovely and great people and a great place to work.

I cannot really give a full overview of the economist group as I only did work experience there for only a week but if I could I would go back and work at the economist group as it would be a marvellous place to work at.
Pros
Got £5 a day to spend on lunch, comfortable work environment, has a kitchen stocked with snacks and cereal etc.
Cons
Quite easy to get lost around the building as the building is quite big and almost like a maze.
Productive and fun workplace
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canary Wharf, Greater London26 June 2017
Though this was an internship, I felt welcomed into the organisation quickly. They had me researching on tasks which would later go onto issue within the magazine.
Pros
Research methods, Rich environment
Cons
Travel Time
Good work/life balance
Qlikview/Business Intelligence Developer (Current Employee) –  London14 July 2016
Very good company to work for. Nice people and nice working atmosphere. Ambitious projects and big perspectives. 7 hours working day.
A brilliant experience
Student intern (Former Employee) –  London, ENG14 December 2013
I attended a summer internship at the Economist, it was quite a brilliant experience. The staff was helpful and friendly and the best part of the job is you get to work with very intelligent people who are well aware of the world.
Pros
Coffee Machine
Cons
Repititive work