The Crown Hotel Employee Reviews

Good environment to work in
Waitress and Front Of House (Former Employee) –  Bawtry13 October 2017
While working there I gained so many new skills from the range of jobs that you can do at the hotel, all the staff are so nice that it felt like a big family every time I came to work and they get on with their job well but they also know how to make it fun!
absolutly disgusting
operations/food & beverage manager (Former Employee) –  Longton18 September 2017
the owner treats and speaks to you like your nothing they always under pay.
the hotel is falling apart I am surprised environmental health have not condemned the place
productive
Waitress/Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  Wigan, Greater Manchester10 September 2017
A typical day here was quick pacing and your always on yours toes. I learned that you cant just stand there, you have to be on your feet all the time and time goes by.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
always washing up
Fun to work with
Head Chef (Former Employee) –  Llandegla31 July 2017
The crown offers a fun place to work within a small country pub but in a fast paced environment. Managment are always willing to help and offer a lot of support to other staff
Pros
2 staff parties a year
Cons
Enjoyed working at the crown
Chef (Former Employee) –  Stone, Staffordshire6 July 2017
It was a job I feel that there was room to get to a higher position .it was a good team .management encouraged you to do more training to be more positive in the job .
Pros
Good staff
Cons
Lovely place overall but hard work
Housekeeper/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Wells, Somerset17 June 2017
The people were lovely but the work was hard but that is what you get when you work in a hotel I guess.

Overall I enjoyed working there though. The people there were very welcoming and helpful.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Hard work
Busy
Chef (Former Employee) –  Harrogate1 June 2017
Exceptionally busy place to work.service to several outlets and banquets at any one time.extremely long hours,generally split shifts.good friendly team.
Pros
Free meals
No life
Barman (Former Employee) –  Wells next the Sea, Norfolk7 May 2017
Hotel is great and some of the staff are brilliant especially kitchen staff but management and people in power are not good to work for.
You're expected to work twice as hard as them because you're below them
Pros
Good lunch, great area, good staff house
Cons
Bossy management
Nice place.
Assistant Chef (Former Employee) –  Stockton-on-Tees, Durham20 March 2017
Nice place, friendly staff. Close working atmosphere with other people employed by the company. Obviously antisocial working hours, as you would expect from the industry.
chamber maid (Former Employee) –  Oxford, Oxfordshire8 March 2017
Good place to work for. Everyday there is something new to do. In a nice location so nice customers come in to stay here. was a very busy place so its good if you like to be busy and on your feet.
fun but productive
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  Doncaster, South Yorkshire10 February 2017
the staff are so friendly. its like a big family. hard work at times but great. I love it when the restaurant is busy as there is a great vibe. working In a hotel with over 70 rooms, theres always work to be done. The management are lovley. my time there so far ive learnt how to run a team how to work under pressure. ive loved my time there.
Pros
staff dinner, free passes for lesiure centre, wildlife park
Cons
no cons just hard work at times
Not great
Housekeeping Assistant (Former Employee) –  Totton, Hampshire2 February 2017
Everyone was friendly, guests were polite, management were rude to much. Enjoyed meeting new people an unorganised hotel, not all jobs were done properly some people slaked badly
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Long days
very fun atmosphere
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, Suffolk30 January 2017
i had a great time working here i learnt a lot and made some new friends, i would really reccomend this place to any one whom is interested
Happy place to work
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Skegness, Lincolnshire13 January 2017
Happy place to work, great meeting people
Pleasant staff,
Start by serving breakfast, also work bar if needed to
Toughest part of the job is working over Christmas and new year every year
Pros
varied work, get to meet new people
Cons
working weekends, bank holidays and christmas
Not good place to work
Waitressing (Former Employee) –  Wells next the Sea, Norfolk1 January 2017
I started here and loved it as everyone was friendly apart from the assistant manager. I wasn't given any proper training that I could follow clearly due to "no one having the time " I understood this was a busy place but then when I was put in a portion of a fairly busy night and was blammed and made to feel extremely gulity and ashamed over someone leaving without paying a very high bill and as a result I was fired for not stopping the people who no one may I add saw leaving themselves either whilst I was picking up slack for other staff . I worked extremely hard for them living far away and was put out of work the next day without notice. 3 days before Christmas. Has knocked my confidence alot..
Pros
Staff food if you were there when put out
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Weymouth23 April 2016
I worked here last year I absolutely loved it , great bunch of girls aswell and nice to have a good relationship with customers
Pros
Great bunch of ladies
Cons
Some parts hotel creepy
barman
Barman (Former Employee) –  Alton22 February 2016
i was employed as a barman with a full time contract and £7 hourly wage and when i started and left my previous job it wasn't the case as i was doing cleaning and working part-time and earning £6.50p per hour.

i left due to not being able to pay my house bills with a very low wage.
Pros
50% off food
Cons
n/a
Very good
Waitress and kitchen staff (Former Employee) –  Hawes, ENG14 October 2015
I really enjoyed working here. I found that most of the co-workers were really easy to get on with and it was easy to work in a team. I also thought that the pay was really good, and everyone was willing to help so that we could improve at our jobs.
Pros
Free lunches
productive
Kitchen Porter (Former Employee) –  Weymouth, ENG18 September 2015
My time at the crown hotel was brilliant
My typical day was helping the chefs prepare food keep the kitchen clean and tidy deliveries to put away
What i learned was to respect people and to help others
the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new friends and this was my first ever job that i have had
I liked all my co workers they was so friendly towards me and helped me when i got stuck on a few things
Pros
free meals
Cons
no cons
Head Waitress
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Bildeston, ENG14 July 2015
serving food to customers to a very high standard, including silver service, managing the restaurant to a professional standard. Working with a team of 8 other waitresses

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Crown Hotel. Our community is ready to answer.