The Cotton On Group Employee Reviews

Awful place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London25 December 2018
I have never worked in a place like this.
The area manager just did not care about staff at all. The amount of pressure on management was huge. During my last few weeks there I was having panic attacks on the way to work. We were accused of not doing our jobs because the store wasn't performing as expected, when really it's just the state of retail in the UK.
I had zero work/life balance. I never saw my managers as they were always on opening and I was always on closing, meaning I'd see them for an hour a day (if that).
I'd get home and go straight to bed to get up the next day for my shift. I'd never get to see my manager to talk about things going on in my personal life, but then I'd get blamed for not finding the time to speak about it and having a poor performance. We didn't even have a staff room to talk in. If you have a recorded conversation you have to go somewhere outside the store to have it, surrounded by people eating their lunch and eavesdropping.
The deliveries were ridiculous. There stock room was an L shape and was tiny, with it being dangerously overfilled with delivery. There was no communication from higher ups about certain things but the store team would be blamed.
I lasted less than 3 months there. I was treated like an idiot and it was clear they had no faith in me even though my training was a disaster. I realised during my time there I only ever received praise once because they would constantly focus on the negatives and the team managers would be blamed. I've never been more disgusted at the way an area has been run. I'm glad I got out when
  more... I did.  less
Cons
Upper management don't care about their staff.
Poor management and don’t care about staff
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom14 July 2018
The management is poor with the managers not caring about their staff’s wellbeing at all. The actual staff is really nice however. Although everything is well organised, the majority of the time the rotas were unfair and favouritism was clear when it came to who got the best shifts. It is extremely difficult to work in an environment where u feel no support from the people managing you.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
Much more manual labour than you would expect and bad management
Productive and fun work place
Holiday Team Member (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Thames25 January 2018
The hardest part of this job is not having access to new stock that is needed whilst having tons of overflow stock which is unneeded. You learn loads about their foundations and charity work.