Play YouTube video button

Featured review
The Contact Company selected this as a representative review
excellent training opportunities
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Wirral, Merseyside17 February 2019
I really enjoyed my time here and really learnt a lot. I spent a lot of my time on the Argos Campaign. The people here were very friendly and helpful.
N/a
customer service agent (Former Employee) –  Birkenhead, Merseyside17 September 2019
Disgraceful management. Had to leave due to work place bullying. Nobody would help me.
Worst management I have ever dealt with. Would not recommend...
Opportunities to progress and a really collaborative culture
Head of Client Services (Current Employee) –  Wirral, Merseyside28 August 2019
A typical day at work can be anything from meetings with colleagues looking at how we improve employee engagement or benefits through to showing new/prospect clients around our fantastic work spaces.

The culture is very collaborative and fast-paced which, whilst it may not suit everyone, is great if you enjoy and embrace change.

The most enjoyable part of my job is that I get to work with a group of enthusiastic, talented colleagues and can make a difference to other people's lives and careers!
2 September 2019

Hello. This is great to hear! :) Thanks very much for taking the time to leave a review.

depressing
Argos (Former Employee) –  kingsgate24 August 2019
firstly The training was good and helpful. But when you finish that you are put on grad bay and when you finish after that you are thrown onto the floor without any knowledge of how the system works.

The team leaders are unhelpful and can be intimidating to ask if you need help with a call. And if its a manager call they refuse to take and just say we cant take leaving you to tell an angry customer there is no one available for them.

The floor walkers obviously dont like being there to help and when they do on occasion they have gotten things wrong leaving mistakes on customers orders. The amount of mistakes made by other colleagues was amazing you could spend a whole day rectifying mistakes agents have made and the customers have rang about to complain.

The constant 10 hour shifts were terrible there is no life balance what so ever in this place sometimes you could be working 10 hour shifts Monday to Friday then have 1 day off after it and then another lot of 10 hour shifts and you don't even get paid for your breaks and lunch. And maybe the owner could just maybe not show off his car collection and his hot tub on the roof.
I would say to anyone thinking of working here to stay as far away as possible from this depressing place.
Pros
Cons
everything
2 September 2019

Hi. Thank you for your review. You would not be working 10 hour shifts unless you had requested this, and you would have gotten two rest days a week. This is standard and across the board. Sorry you didn't enjoy your time here- hope you enjoy whatever you decide to do next.

Standard call centre, maybe?
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Birkenhead8 August 2019
This company I started out liking as they give adequate training, however the hours you're expected to work obviously depends on campaign, so you could start at 7am and be there until 10pm.

Hours were guaranteed, which was good and pay was minimum wage, which is fair given the type of work. Rotas were published as little as seven days ahead!

I was promoted within a few months of working there so I would rate the company in terms of it giving younger or inexperienced people the experience and skills they need to move up the ladder. The only problem with this is that there's no guaranteed training for that role and for me, there was a distinct lack of it. You were expected to shadow your colleagues for a short while and that was it - then you were reviewed on your performance without more than a couple of conversations with your manager, which I found to be an awful structure.

The only other thing I have to say is that my colleague's grievance was ignored after stepping up to Team Leader.

To those who are considering working at TCC: only work here if you have no other option.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Unprofessional management
2 September 2019

Hello. To clarify, the opening hours for campaigns are different from the shift plans- if a campaign is open from 7am-10pm, you would still only be expected to work a 9 hour shift within that time (inclusive of lunch and breaks), unless you actively requested and formally agreed to extra hours. We're really glad to hear that you took advantage of the progression opportunities. :) You should have been put on our CMSP (Core Management Skills Programme) before being able to progress to Team Leader, so it's quite unusual that this wasn't your experience- we'll take this feedback on-board and ensure that all Team Leaders are being entered on to this programme. We also fund ILM courses for our employees. Thank you for you review and for having been with us and we wish you the very best for the future. :)

A friendly working experience!
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Birkenhead, Merseyside7 August 2019
TCC is an enjoyable place to work. Staff have always been friendly and there are plenty of development opportunities (especially during ramp). I started off as an advisor and developed into a Team Leader, I was offered loads of support and learnt new skills through additional training. Everyday was a new challenge which kept me engaged throughout my time at TCC.
2 September 2019

Hi! Thanks for you review. This is fantastic to hear and is exactly what we aim for! Best wishes for the future. :)

Employee (Current Employee) –  Birkenhead, Merseyside7 August 2019
Fantastic people and a great company.
In all my other places of employment they do not compare to TCC and the opportunities they give you to progress into positions that you may have little experience in and offer support and qualifications to aid your development.
2 September 2019

Hello. Thanks very much for your review. :) We're really glad to hear that you are taking advantage of the learning and development opportunities available to you. Thanks for being part of the family!

Worse experience of my life
N/A (Former Employee) –  North West16 July 2019
TCC is the most horrible and awful place to work. The management team are SO corrupt and make up the rules as they go along. Staff are treated like monkeys with no respect given out

The senior management team are all idiots and all like Adolf Hitler.

Its the worse place i have ever worked and i feel sorry for the people still working there
23 July 2019

Sorry you didn't enjoy working with us! Best of luck for the future.

Buy one get one flea!
Team Leader (Argos) (Former Employee) –  Kingsgate13 July 2019
As a former Argos team leader in the Kingsgate building, I can 100% confirm there are fleas in the building. Multiple agents took time off because of flea bites. Agents approached me because of flea sightings and flea bites and there was nothing we could do. Fleas were a known issue but nothing was done. We even caught fleas and were told by TCC that they were 'rougue fleas'. Nothing was ever done and the official line was that 'the floor was de-flead over night' or 'we don't have fleas'.

The truth? It would cost TCC too much money to close a live floor for enough time to have exterminators come in. Moreover, the cleaning was so substandard that I can say with my hand on my heart that we found crisp packets and bottles in the small holes at the back of desks with expiry dates of 2016 and some older!

To make matters worse, as a Team Leader, I was directly instructed by an ops manager to ensure that all staff were early to shifts, clocked in, logged into computers and ready to take calls before they are eveb getting paid. If a staff member was paid at 09:00, I would have to ask them to make sure they were in at 08:40 - 08:45. Staff that clocked in at exactly 09:00 would be penalised. I raised how unhappy I was with this and TCC dug their heals in. I have raised this with ACAS since leaving the company who advised that this is a criminal offence as TCC staff are paid living wage and insisting that living wage staff perform any task such as loading systems etc is classed as work and therefore when a company forces staff to come in early, TCC are paying below living wage when
  more... you factor in all these extra 15-20 mins a day! My new employee completely opened my eyes to how to treat staff. All of my new staff clock in at 09:00 if they start at 09:00 and non are penalised for doing so!

My advice, give this company a miss and ahould youbtake a job here, were long, tight jeans and flea spray!!!
Pros
They employ anyone: and I mean anyone! Half of our ramp staff were drug users and delinquents!
Cons
Absolutely everything.
15 July 2019

Hello. Thanks for your review. Unfortunately, due to amount of employees we have across our sites, very occasionally fleas are accidentally brought in on clothes, belongings etc. We can confirm that we do pay to have our sites "de-flead" regularly- this is a cost we have to take, as none of us (and this includes the Directors and Senior Management) want fleas biting us! However, this is not a consistent issue; it's just one of those unfortunate things that happens every now and again and we deal with it swiftly. We do not need to close any floors for this, as this is completed overnight when the floors are empty. :) In regards to the cleaning, although we do pay for cleaners, it is everybody's responsibility to look after their workplace and to have respect for their surroundings- if you found items that were hidden and tucked away inside the back of a desk, then we're not surprised our cleaners may have missed them! This shouldn't have been there in the first place- although this is certainly something we can brief out to them to make them aware. In the working world, it's fairly normal for you to turn up slightly early to be prepared for the start of your working day- many of our employees do this out of choice and many of our salaried staff also do the same, despite being contracted for set hours; however, we can confirm that nobody is formally penalised if they do not do this. To clarify also, Living Wage is an informal benchmark and not a legal requirement or indicator. Hope this helps clarify your concerns. Sorry you didn't enjoy your time with us, but good luck for the  more... future!  less

Mixed
Call centre operator (Former Employee) –  Seacombe11 July 2019
I had a mixed time during my work here because I enjoyed the work but I was often given timetables that would have meant I had to leave college early missing out on vital education and constantly had to ring my manager to move my shifts so it was a good environment to work in but had a poor planning of my shifts.
15 July 2019

Hello. We're sorry to hear that the planning of your shifts didn't fit around your education as well as you would have liked. This is something we're actively looking to improve and feedback such as yours is very helpful, so thank you. :) It's nice to hear that you enjoyed your time with us other than that. We hope college is going well (or did if you've finished!), and best wishes!

Overall good place for work
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Birkenhead, Merseyside3 July 2019
I worked here for a few months and enjoyed the work and people I worked alongside however i was 'let go' due to having some days off due to struggling with mental health issues and understanding them(OCD) I was not given the opportunity to explain this as i was told not to come back over the phone. Hours were ok but i was always put on 1-10pm shifts. All in all a good company but could be a little more understanding with mental health.
Pros
Good work
Cons
Not very understanding (agencies)
9 July 2019

Hi. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I'm sure whichever agency was your employer would appreciate this feedback,so it may be worth getting in touch with them too. It's nice to hear that you enjoyed working with us and thank you for being with us for the time you were. Very best wishes for the future! :)

Mental health factory
Advisor/ team leader (Former Employee) –  Wirral, Merseyside24 June 2019
I worked here from June 16 till June 19 all on the argos two man campaign.
As an Agent- you are expected to turn up 15 mins early (non paid) to log on to systems. Also if you finish at 22:00 you are expected to complete that call which you dont get paid for even if the call goes on to 22:30.
You have to complete all takes on the phone call because if you spend more than 30 seconds in acw the radio through to get you out of it. Calls are ment to be 249 seconds of talking 32(ish) hold time and 30 seconds of acw (after call work). Which is impossible.
Unless you get an approved flexie you have to do 10 hour shifts with 2 x 10 min breaks and a 40 min lunch with 6 mins of personal if you need the toilet. So in 10 hours you can eat properly once and have a chocolate bar on breaks if your quick. If you smoke then choose food or a cigarette no time for both. You can only eat sweets on the floor which means you will get fat quick.
A particular team leader used to follow agents to the toilet dont know if i can name them but they sort of sound like borrat. (This is true as i was a team leader at this point and was shocked to see this!)
Managers dont take over phone calls. I raised my concerns to the operations manage who informed me customers have a right to speak to a manager and he would speak to the team leaders. Nothing changed. If your an ex TL good luck getting a manager to takr over a call as there response is "you where a team leader you can deal with that". Well obviously but the customer doesnt know that!

As a team leader
You get an impossible work load dropped
  more... on you as well as additional tasks from the ops managers. If you have 15 people in your team then you have to have one to ones weekly aswell as complete the dag (like a register) apd (wages) as well as managing the floor, taking manager calls, return to work interviews, watch the wall board (check to see if every one is doing what they should be), investigations (these can take hourssss!), email agencies, have the daily figures ready for the ops managers. All this with no additional training for an extra 50p per hour. Someone pointed out to me that you get 10p per extra person that moans at you. Yeah not worth it.

Your better on the dole than working here.
I never suffered with depression until i worked here at which point i had 6 weeks off in November/December 2017. During which i recived phone calls emails texts and letters form tcc. All i wanted to do was be away from the concentration camp for a while!
Pros
Getting drunk in mollys to drown your sorrows
Cons
not worth the money, 10 hour shifts that drain you mentally, lack of support form management.
27 June 2019

Hello, thanks for your review! Shifts are 8 hours with a 60 minute break; unless you have requested or agreed to extra hours, you would not be physically working any more than those 8 hours. The 60 minute break across the day is pretty standard in the working world, but we're sorry to hear that this didn't suit you. If anyone has any medical and/or personal issues, we would implore them to speak to their Manager about this, as if we don't know then we can't support- and we would like to! Sorry to hear that the role didn't suit you. We hope you get on well whatever you decide to do next.

Call Centre Agent* (Former Employee) –  Birkenhead9 June 2019
They care more about money than people. Dont even try call in sick or have an emergency, they just dont care and will guilt you into going to work sick
Pros
Cons
Literally all of it
12 June 2019

Hello. Thank you for leaving a review. :) Everyone has sick days and we completely get this. It's terrible to think that you have been made to feel this way. Please email us at enquiries@tcc.co.uk and provide us with some further information and examples to allow us to look in to this and ensure nobody else is made to feel like this. Thank you for being with us for the time you were. Best wishes!

Very clicky
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Birkenhead6 June 2019
The expectations are nine contacts an hour with 30 seconds after call work. If friendly with a team leader they will give you permission to go in a code. Seen so many people bullied in this place and disability is an inconvenience for management. Managers care more about sucking of agents than the job they do. Open drug dealing on floor.
Pros
Cons
Worse employment ever
12 June 2019

Hello, thanks for your review. To be absolutely clear from the off: we have not had any sort of feedback or notification of any of this occurring. We will not tolerate anyone being 'favoured' or bullied in any way, nor are we aware of any of any sort of drug dealing at all- it would certainly not be classed as 'open'. In either case, we would absolutely expect you to escalate this, and the latter would be dealt with by the Police. Our Team Leaders should be treating everyone equally and if this is not happening there are numerous lines above a Team Leader who you are able to escalate your complaints to. We absolutely need to know about this kind of thing to be able to take action. Disabilities are not an inconvenience to us as a business in any way- we are very well equipped to support colleagues of all needs and requirements seamlessly, and we welcome all to join the family. If you have seen/experienced anyone being made to feel otherwise, we apologise for this and implore you to provide us with some further information. If you would like to provide more detail RE your complaints raised here, to allow us to look in to them, please contact us at enquiries@tcc.co.uk. We hope you're doing well.

Not the best
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Birkenhead, Merseyside27 May 2019
The colleagues where great and TL's also good but there was unreachable targets and also really poor standards of looking after staff in terms of commission etc. I once lost commission because I described someones signal as good instead of fantastic.
3 June 2019

Hi! Thank you for leaving a review. :) Without your details we don't know the full picture in regards to your commission, but that shouldn't be the case. If you can get in touch with further detail to enquiries@tcc.co.uk, we can forward this feedback on to the relevant team. We hope you're doing well! Best wishes.

productive
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Merseyside26 May 2019
Depending on the campaign you are selected for the productivity and working hours always differ. There are two buildings across Birkenhead kingsgate and queensgate.
Pros
Production
Cons
Unpaid lunch and break
3 June 2019

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. :) Best wishes for the future.

enjoyable helping customers.
customer service agent (Former Employee) –  Birkenhead2 May 2019
A typical day would include different problems a customer would have with the order and solve the issue and informing the customer on how we are going to fix this issue. I learnt problem solving and and time management to hit goals.
Pros
simple 5 day week
Cons
long time sitting down on a computer and tedious.
7 May 2019

Hi. It's really great to hear how much you enjoyed helping the customers that you spoke to and resolving their queries- I'm sure they were happy customers having spoken to you. :) Thank you for your feedback and thank you for being with us for the time that you were.

Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Birkenhead, Merseyside18 April 2019
up and down
CUSTOMER SERVICE ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Birkenhead, Merseyside18 April 2019
lovely staff and colleagues however every now and then occasionally not the best management, company should take more time to know who is working for them.
Pros
environment
Cons
work/home balance
23 April 2019

Thank you for your review and for being with us for the time you were. We hope you're doing well. :)

Just awful
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Birkenhead, Merseyside9 April 2019
Depressing environment, poor management and morale upkeep. Ridiculous shift pattern and not cooperative with personal issues you’re just another cow to the cattle with less freedom.poorly paid for the stress involved
23 April 2019

Hello! We do our very best to accommodate for employees' personal commitments when organising shift plans, and will always take this in to account where reasonable. Thanks for your review and sorry the role wasn't for you. We hope you get on well wherever you go next.

fun workplace
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Wirral, Merseyside13 March 2019
good workplace but the ability to progress is unlikely as i have been working so hard pushing for some progression and got nothing so i want to leave and make the most of my career options.
19 March 2019

Hi! Thank you for your review. If you haven't already, please ensure that you have a PDP (personal development plan) set-up with your Line Manager and book some time in with your Line Manager's Line Manager, if you need to, and/or the employees within the department or area you are looking to develop in to. People will always have the time to coach and develop you, and we encourage all employees to push for development- we will always support this endeavour. Really glad you've been enjoying your time with us and thanks for being part of the family!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Contact Company. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7