The Conservation Volunteers

The Conservation Volunteers Employee Reviews

United Kingdom20 reviews
Good work-experience for anyone looking for a part time job.
Provide some good retail experience making it suitable if you are seeking a part-time job in retail. Typically I spent most of my time at the till serving customers and taking in donations.
Day to day work is amazing. Different every day
Day to day work is amazing. Every day is different and you get what you put in. The volunteers are really nice. Could do with more time for planning sessions though
Great flexibility and work life balance
Great work being achieved by a great organisation and the employees are truly valued. Autonomy, respect and trust are a given and management have multiple avenues into giving and receiving feedback.
Good company
Friendly people. Good to be around with. Will help you with anything. There is a lot of opportunity for everyone who volunteers. You learn a lot, mostly woodworking and conservation.
Not bad
I was not there long enough to get to know the staff. Everyone seemed okay and the work was not bad. We rarely worked in the same place twice. Sometimes the weather could be bad but that did not bother me too much.
Friendly environment,
Good people and good conversationalists. Work was de!onstrated by project manager and all thoroughly enjored working on the different kinds of things to do
Pros
Nice people
Cons
No salary
Just awful
As an employee my experience working for this organisation was a lot different from the reviews here.
I had an egotistical manager that did as he pleased, worked from home and fitted the job around his home life.

Whilst the job handbook boasts of helping staff with their work life balance and working from home was at your managers discretion, my request was scoffed and aggressively turned down.

If you are management and senior management you get to do as you please, if you are a member of staff you have to put up with awful working conditions/offices that are never cleaned, broken computer monitors, broken gardening equipment and dodgy company vans and transport.

Nasty, chaotic, hands off management, low pay, broken equipment, working in dodgy areas sometimes alone or with people who have mental health problems or criminal convictions? no thanks
Pros
You get to work out doors
Cons
Too many to mention
Great personnal experiamnce
Great place to work and very good experiences every day when of doing a project or inside doing a projext . very helpful leader and supervisors. Work is always enjoyed by all.
Practical days out in the field
Excellent company to learn new skills with, habitat management and restoration. Always in a new location and remote areas of England.

Great way to see nature and help preserve it at the same time
Good ambiance
Being Volunteer at TCV is the best experience I ever had. I met people with diverse backgrounds, really helpful with a good sense of humor . I recommend this organisation.
Pros
long tea breaks
Cons
Volunteer position, great work/life balance
This was an unpaid volunteering position.
All aspects of conservation and habitat management together with fellow volunteers. Excellent company, job and staff.
Pros
Great work/life balance
Cons
Unpaid role
Great ethos
Vary varied and lots of outreach involved, good co workers.
Difficult customers due to programme at times.

Enjoyable meeting many people
On the job practical learning of both construction and people skills.
As a Volunteer Officer I lead teams of volunteers from all walks of life, requiring a high level of confidence and interpersonal skills.

many training courses attended.

Amazingly supportive co-workers.

Hardest part of the job would be working in adverse conditions doing heavy labour.

However the most enjoyable part of the job is the huge feeling satisfaction knowing that i may have improved the volunteers employ-ability and self confidence.
Pros
Very rewarding work.
Cons
Often working in bad weather.
productive and meaningful
Interesting to communicate with different customer, and i felt super meaningful to help out everyone who needed help.
Pros
time management skills obtained
Cons
location is not ideal
i am doing my training in level 1 hair and beauty
i am doing my training in level 1 hair and beauty, iam here 4 days a week and i am really enjoying it and looking forward in completing my level 1
Efficient and friendly workplace
A typical day at work was usually manageable amounts of manual labour with frequent breaks. My co workers were friendly and helpful and made the work more enjoyable. The hardest part of the job was towards the end of the day when I felt a bit tired but this was not really a problem. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and talking to them as all my co workers were very interesting and diverse .
Friendly and respectful working environment.
Friendly and respectful working environment. I was involved in a work-based diploma so there it was unpaid work. However, it afforded me the opportunity to gain invaluable conservation skills.
ddo not look after there staff
Management care more about themself.
They make the staff redundant who have years and years of working in the industy.

Tcv care only for money.

Care nothing about the community or conservation.
Cons
wwork somewhere else
Providing admin support to the Fundraising, Promotion and Corporate Departments and managing the ditribution of materials and databases.
Main duties are providing admin support to the Campaign, Corporate and Fundraising departments and managing the distribution of event kits, promotional and display materials to local offices and upkeep of spreadsheets. I also liaise with printers to confirm promotional materials, proof read, daily updates to news page, twitter & Facebook. Most recently I helped with running and setting up and over seeing TCV’s Green Heroes Awards, managing the t-shirt, certificates, promotional materials and display materials distribution for the event ensuring all deadlines were met.

Providing admin support to the Individual Fundraising Manager and Fundraising department. This included daily donation input onto donor database, upkeep of the donor database and donor details and records, along with generating cheque and CAF reports. Other duties included liaising with CAF looking after direct debits, sending out donor acknowledgments for appeal donations and personalised acknowledgements where needed, receiving phone calls, emails and dealing with donor issues. Furthermore I would assist with appeals helping the Individual Giving Manger meet deadlines, dealing with returns and the distribution and fundraising materials.

General duties included daily updates of the BTCV website, media campaigns and sending out press releases using specialist software, database building and maintenance, internet uploading using Skelter and stock control. I also set up new monitoring systems using Excel, did blog writing and supported the fundraising department with complex data entry and covering reception. I
 - more...
Pros
the buliding itself, the people here, free tea and coffe
Cons
hard to work your way up the business and progress in your career
Productive and awarding
My work day involves seeing customers on a one to one basis, carrying out diagnostic assessments and building an Action Plan with my cutomer to help guide them towards their job goals.
Each day is different and I learn new customer barriers towards them going in to employment which I am then able to help them over come these by referring them to the correct provision we have in place to get a possitive outcome for my customers. I am lucky as the Management within this company are very suppotive and have trust in our abilities which allows us to carryout our jobs productively. I currently work outreach and I am always in contact with my co-workers getting and giving constructive advise and feedback. The hardest part of the job is gaining enough referrals. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing a customer move of benefits in to employment and seeing the look of happieness on my customers face.
Pros
being trusted by my manaher
Cons
internet not reliable