The Coffee Bean Employee Reviews

Fun Workplace
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Bean, UK31 October 2018
great people to work with.
i stopped working there because i moved to a different location.
i loved working there the girls were amazing very fun the bosses where the best
Pros
free lunches
Cons
stressfull
Friendly Workplace
Waitress and Barista (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, North Yorkshire28 September 2018
Such a lovely place to work and the people are so welcoming and friendly. There was always hours available and they were flexible around your availability.
Horrible atmosphere
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Macclesfield Town11 December 2017
Just don’t work there, they hardly pay you anything and everyone’s shouting all the time, u have to remember so much information and if u can’t remember everything they just send u home, even though they just don’t train you properly
Really Good Place To Work
Barista/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Barrow-In-Furness25 November 2017
This job allowed me to gain a lot of confidence and gave me many opportunities. I feel this is a really good company to work for with good, flexible hours.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Shifts aren't set.
Friendly customers
Kitchen Assistant - Part time (Former Employee) –  Aylesbury30 May 2017
Despite the friendly customers, the hot temperatures and time working when your hours are supposed to have finished makes this job hard to recommend to people.
Pros
Free lunches/drinka
Cons
Very hot in kitchen
A safe workplace with a healthy enviroment.
Barista and Waitress (Former Employee) –  Middlesbrough, ENG6 December 2015
Whilst working at the Coffee bean i gained a lot of experience. The staff were very friendly and made you feel as if you were a part of a family (a work family). When i went through training the manager made it clear what my role was and what was expected of me, if i made a mistake she would help me correct it this ensured i would not make the some mistake twice. I enjoyed working in the coffee bean as not only were the customers a pleasure the atmosphere was lovely and no one ever expected to much from me. my co-workers at the coffee bean pushed me to succeed and help me gain skills that will help me in any work place.
Through out working in the coffee bean i learnt how to use a barista styled coffee machine, i also learned about cooking hygiene and safety. I also learned how to clean different machinery in the correct way for example, the barista styled coffee machine, a fryer, a slushy machine and many other machines. I also learned a lot about money handling and how to keep track of the cafes intake and out put.
A typical day at the coffee bean meant i had to get up early and make sure i was prepared for work, i had to be clean and so did my uniform. Once i was there i would have to turn on all of the machines in order for them to warm up for example the hot plate. Then i would prepare the food for the breakfasts, this meant cutting mushrooms and cooking them as well as cooking hash browns, fried toast ,etc.
Then i would have to prepare and sometimes make meals for dinner, this could be anything from mince and dumplings to vegetarian stir fry. Through out the day i would
  more... also plate up food, take orders and serve food. I would also work at the till and make sure that the café was clean and tidy through out the day by cleaning all surfaces and cleaning the pots. I would also have to make drinks , such as coffee, milkshakes and smoothies. Finally at the end of the day i would have to dispose of any waste (food and rubbish), once i had done that i would sweep and mop all the floors, clean all the surfaces and the machines.
In my opinion the easiest part of my job was the end of the day when i had to clean the café however i did enjoyed the hole day as i did enjoyed socialising and serving the customers, the end of the day was easy because cleaning the café was a routine i did over and over again, it never changed.
The hardest part of my job would have been on a Sunday, due to the café serving Sunday dinners and them being popular the other staff and my self had to prepare the food the day before this meant cutting the vegetables and putting the meat in the slow cooker however, this was not the hard part the hardest part was when the café would run out of something and due to the orders being in high demand we had to prepare more and cook it immediately
Pros
A chance to gain more experience and gain more skills.
Cons
I would have loved to work more hours.
Enjoyed this, my first job!
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Ossett, ENG22 April 2014
Really enjoyed my first job at the coffee bean, I got on really well with my boss and the other workers. Was given free lunches and free drinks while working.
Pros
Free food and drinks
Cons
Stank of grease after a shift!