The Cock Inn Employee Reviews

used to be a good place of work
Head Chef (Former Employee) –  Clare4 December 2018
the company changed and all changed.. You have to chase for your wages all the time. taxes problems. Tax shows on pay slips but not taken???

good luck
Pros
not far from Home
Cons
staff not cared for
not enjoyable.
Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk14 September 2017
not the nicest of management and very hard to enjoy shifts there, shifts were busy which was good, and nice customers, some nice staff, work place culture was very two faced
Very friendly
Commis Chef (Current Employee) –  Hatfield Broad Oak, Essex11 September 2017
Working here has been one of the best experiences I've had it's a very friendly workspace and I have leant so many life skills in my time here. You never feel alone while here because everyone is always so talkative but serious when it comes to cooking and preparing meals.
Pros
Cooking experience, good salary, friendly
Cons
Feel dirty afterwards
poorly managed
Waiting Staff (Former Employee) –  Roade, Northamptonshire24 August 2017
poorly managed, waitresses don't get tips very often and if they do majority goes to bar staff, un clean, not enough staff for a shift. not enough resources for the actual job
Pros
sometimes we get fed
Cons
not well managed
Enjoyable sociable and hard working
Commis chef (Former Employee) –  Sarratt, Hertfordshire30 June 2017
Nice country pub, barn conversion, traditional English food, nice management big gardens always busy, service speed Is quick and friendly welcoming waiters
Pros
Half price beer, weekly pay
Cons
getting to work
Excellent
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Hemingford Grey, Cambridgeshire8 April 2017
Great place to work, plenty of skills to learn. Great manager when I worked there. But she has now left to go to the Tickell Arms. Tough keeping up with friends due to changing shift work. But as long as the team is good fun, its a lovely place.
Pros
Free lunches, Tips, Discount
Cons
Long hours, weekend work
Fun but hard work
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Cobham6 February 2017
Hardest part of my job is winter I enjoy the busy side of life. We learn how to have patience with animals to people we work in all weather from rain wind heat to freezing
sociable and fun work place
Bar Person (Current Employee) –  march cambridgeshire18 October 2015
good workplace customers very friendly have a great relationship with them.
Hardest part of the job is when the pub is empty and quiet because i like it to be active and busy.
Pros
working ours
Cons
its weekends
Worked my way up
Manager/waitress (Former Employee) –  Boreham, ENG9 January 2015
I joined this public house at a very young age as a waitress although soon began to work my way up to a management position. Due to my commitment to the business i was skilled and knowledgeable enough to take on this responsibility. A typical days work would be preparing the pub for opening, running the bar and restaurant, over seeing staff, Closing of the pub, cashing up, and on a weekly basis i would do stock control, food and drink orders, pay wages, staff rota`s and general management tasks. The hardest part of the job was dissatisfied customers but with good customer service skills this was over come. The most enjoyable part was seeing everything running smoothly knowing i was doing all the background work to create a good experience for customers.
Intense and Discouraging Workplace
Kithcen Porter (Former Employee) –  Headley24 April 2014
To help in the kitchen, learned most of the menu, management was really bad, always made you feel unwanted. Most co-workers were nice.
Productive and a fun place to work at
Waitress - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Wing, ENG5 November 2013
A typical day at work would of been i started work at 12pm and if it was a busy day i wouldn't leave until late at night 9/10pm. I would have a 30 minute break which would be my lunch then i would go back to work.

I learned that customers can be rude but you have to get along with customers and try and make sure they are satisfied with their meals and service. I learned that if you are a bubbly person then the customers are more happy because they are in a pleasant and happy environment.

The management in The Cock Inn was very good, all the managers had control and it made it easier to work with the co-workers. All the co workers were very happy and was a fantastic team member which made it better and more happier to go into work.

The hardest part of the job was the late night finishes and trying to deal with a whole restaurant all by myself. One night i did a restaurant of 64 people alone and it was difficult but i managed it.

The most enjoyable part of the job would be that i enjoyed seeing all the regulars faces and talking to them, the pub had a friendly atmosphere and it was so lovely.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Long hours, no free food
Good Work Place
Manager (Former Employee) –  Northamptonshire30 July 2013
I have worked at the Cock Inn as a Manager. My roles included keeping a high standard of presentation within the front of house, restaurant, and bar. Supervising the staff and customer service, are also a big aspect of this job. During a general week my roles included, stock control, cashing up, organising staff, and overseeing a smooth running of the pub.
The Pub ceased trading in January.
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Halstead, Kent14 May 2012
My typical day at work would conclude clearing and re-laying tables, taking food orders, serving food and drink and cleaning the restaurant.
I learned great customer service skills, health and safety and food hygiene.
The management and the co-workers were always very helpful with any queries I had.
The hardest part of the job was at peak times, this was very challenging but also very rewarding.
The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with customers and satisfaction that I had given them the best possible service.
Pros
meeting new people.
Cons
long hours.