The City Of London Employee Reviews

Ok but confusing
Events Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Kenley11 December 2018
The City of London is a good name to have on your CV but they are not an amazing company to work for, there are a lot of confusing layers you have to go through to make one change.
I wouldn't suggest anyone to do an apprenticeship at the City of London as it is completely disorganised and chaotic, also if you work outside of the central hub you are completely excluded.
Bad management
Accounts Assistant (Former Employee) –  Corporation of London head office6 November 2018
Not a good place to work!! Management don't listen or embrace new ideas.Your feedback isn't recognised unless something goes wrong!! They don't invest in people that statement couldnt be further from the truth. If you are not British don't apply.All of the senior managers are British and people of colour are never promoted.Bullying and racism are all part of the 600 year culture.
Amazing atmosphere and staff
Librarian Assistance (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London8 October 2018
Most kind and supportive staff I have ever worked with other than when I worked in the care industry.

Very supportive with attaining new certificates and improving current ones to the next level.
Fun and productive workplace
Performance Analyst (Former Employee) –  London9 January 2018
Staff were very supportive and the atmosphere was very positive. The work/life balance was great and the salary was very rewarding.
Would enjoy to work there on a full-time basis on the next occasion.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Honour to be a Member of the City of London Corporation (COL)
Elected Common Councilman (Current Employee) –  Langbourn Ward12 December 2017
The COL Corporation is amongst other things the Local Government for the square mile. I am an elected Member who has in the past sat on a number of Grand Committees which Govern the Officers of the Corporation and vet their decisions on Public & Private matters within the COL and it's oversight of the local Government and other matters
Pros
An honour to be a Member of the oldest democracy in the world - 800 years, To be able to mix with some of the finest brains within the City of London
Cons
No salary, pensions or payments of any kind & it is very time consuming
Terrible
SharePoint Consultant (contract) (Former Employee) –  London25 September 2017
At the end of the day this is a local authority and since working there I would never work for a local authority again. Poor management structure and vision coupled with budgetary constraint.
Team Administrator (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London13 September 2017
I had worked with an amazing number of people, who were very supportive in work/life balance. No two days felt the same, and there was always something to work on.
Intersting and Worth While
Visiting (Former Employee) –  City of London, Greater London27 July 2017
My review on this form of work experience is that the places we visited were very enjoyable and interested me as the quality of work that had to be produced was of the highest standard.
Pros
Intersting places, free lunches.
Cons
Often tedious travel.
Good workplace
City Events Manager (Current Employee) –  London25 July 2017
Great organisation to work for as it is so diverse and offers quite a few opportunities. I work for a small department and as such, work on a variety of events.
Variety of Projects
Building Services Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  City of London, UK12 June 2017
Good variety of projects and fairly laid back attitude to project delivery. Freedom to run your own projects and some realistic project deadlines. ...
Pros
Releaxed
Cons
Salary
productive and fun
development apprentice (Former Employee) –  Guildhall9 June 2017
had a lot of fun projects to work on alongside special and well known individuals. the workplace culture was always flowing positively along with management.
Culture very politicized
Head of Business Performance and Improvement (Former Employee) –  Guildhall1 June 2017
Watch your back. there are many people working just to advance their career, and couldn't care less if they break a few rules plus more.

Too many people out to obtain their Knighthoods and a free lunch.
Pros
It has windowsin the offiice and working toiltes plus hot water to wash your hands
Cons
Way too much to write
good place to work
Electrician (Current Employee) –  City of London, Greater London3 May 2017
I loved my time at the city of London. good people and good life/work balance. Lots of staff benefits and a very prestigious place to work. lots of overtime in my job. makes a big difference to the pay-packet as the only con i can think of working for the city is the money is much less than out in the private sector
Dynamic
Procurement Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London21 February 2017
Flexible and diverse job.
More than 500 stakeholders
Various activities
Friendly environment
Public sector, interesting spend analysis
Good leadership team
Excellent place of work
HR Officer (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London18 February 2017
COL is a great place to work with lost of opportunities.

Training programmes are exellent.
I would recommend to anyone, They also are rolling out a Great Graduate programme for 2017.
Temp offered permanent position
Customer Service Officer (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London25 January 2017
City of London have given me the opportunity that I have not had any where else. I am truly grateful in every way. I work with the most friendly and efficient team, and great manager. Just my luck. I got offered permanent position after being on temp contract
Fun to work at
Playgroup Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hampsted Heath12 November 2016
I worked as a playgroup assistant as a part of my school's work experience program a few years ago. I cannot comment on salary as I was not paid for this.
fantastic place to work
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Guildhall18 July 2016
fantastic place to work and the people make it a happy place to work.plenty of overtime and good working conditions.all the equipment you need is provided and you feel a real sense of care for the staff
Pros
subsidised food
Cons
Good but not enough investment
Trainer (Current Employee) –  London14 June 2016
Good employer but not enough investment in training due to budget cuts. Office mostly nice environment but can vary depending on location.
Pros
Canteen, workout studio.
Cons
Cut backs in budget
Duties
Senior Business Support Officer (Former Employee) –  London1 March 2016
My day-to-day activities were varied with continuous learning of changes. I worked well within the team managing 3 employees, supervising their daily work. All my work was electronic. I enjoyed my job as it was varied but I mostly worked on the financial aspect. I managed projects which was challenging and required excellent organisational skills.
Pros
The support from management
Cons
Distance