The Christie NHS Foundation Trust

The Christie NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

United Kingdom17 reviews
Fast paced office environment
Sometimes high pressure due to nature of diseases and patient’s circumstances. Often disorganised management and under staffing is usually an issue in most departments.
Nicely managed outpatients area
As a volunteer I was not committed to be responsible for all the duties, although, I felt to be part of the team in which I was working.
From this experience I earned knowledge on the cancer diagnose and treatments procedures at the NHS and I improved my team-work and time management skills.

The most enjoyable part of the job was to do little tasks such as brining them food, their belongings and their discharge papers to make patients feel positive for that day by talking politely and with a smile on your face.

The hardest part of the job was to see patients in pain sometime and not being to help.
The nursing team are 2nd to none and always a friendly atmosphere
Brilliant place to work. Management sometimes didn't appriciate the work we did which is frustrating. Complete job satisfaction though in regards to the difference we were making to people's lives
Pros
Meeting amazing people every day
Cons
Management not appriciating us
Busy and patient facing
Rotational job roles= never bored and always busy, but also can make it difficult to ever really get settled into position.
Very repetitive work, easy to learn, must be able to be comfortable around bodily fluids, cancer related issues & must have a compassionate attitude.
Pros
helping others, lots to learn, able to keep job variable
Cons
mundane, depressing, unorganized
Wonderful community
Love working here, everyone is so friendly and easily the best NHS trust to work for. The patients are so positive and the work is never dull. Can't reccommend enough!
Pros
Friendly work environment, more like a family than a workplace.
Cons
No onsite parking unless you wait for a parking permit for 6+ months
The Christie NHS
I have great relations with all staff, customers and patients. So my short shifts are jam packed with queries and operational tasks. So the work culture here is fast paced, full of knowledge competency.
Pros
learning something knew all the time.
Cons
no on site parking
Development
An NHS Trust that cares about the development of its employees. There are many opportunities to progress and learn new techniques. Plus, the amount of excellent research that comes from the hospital evokes pride which helps to keep morale high.
clinics
A day at work consists of running very busy and demanding outpatient clinics. Huge numbers of patients coming through our clinics where we have to undertake many observations and tests including phlebotomy.

The role is very demanding and physical and the management are not the best by far. There isn't any flexibility in working and little understanding of the pressure and stress on a daily basis.

The hardest part is seeing families torn apart with bad news and patients that are very unwell but the rewards are seeing treatment working and smiles on patients faces.
Mediocre
The Christie is good because you are helping people in need. That really is what makes me go there every day. I do not think that if it were another organisation with the same management culture or working conditions that I would put up with it.
Pros
Canteen is good and cheap.
Cons
Lots of work and the pay doesn't reflect it.
nice staff
if you dont know what to be in the future this job will help you to find what career path you want to take. thanks to this experience i would like to work in the finance department
Pros
Friendly Patient
Cons
no free lunch
Lovely place to work
I worked here many years ago, however my time there was lovely. Interacting with patients and making sure they were ok and had all their needs catered for. I worked along side the professionals aswell to prepare patients.
State of the art hospital
Great oppotunities to grow, not only as a professional, also as a person.
Professional and friendly
A great place to work with extremely talented and professional people who are always striving for excellence in everything they do for their patients and staff.
Friendly and welcoming workplace
It is a great place to volunteer, where you can support the staff and work alongside other volunteers.I love being able to make difference to the people I meet at the Hospital.
Pros
Working as a team
Cons
N/a
The duties I was trained to carry out were; installing and maintaining lights, sockets; testing generators; weekly testing of fire alarms; repairs to conveyors and clinical equipment including electronic theatre equipment. I was also responsible for testing motors and PPM's on air handling units.
Excellent Team for all Chemo Patients..
This place helped save my life all Last Year! I attended weekly every Friday for bloods /treatment till Dec. What a Fantastic team overall at bloods admin Breastcare nurses Doctors the whole team. I cannot praise n Thank them enough from my new lease of life. I know feel for quite some time that my place is to be at the Christie just to be part of peoples lives daily n help patients get through what i had to. With my Empathy concern and many skills n talents i certainly feel i can do it and i will do it..! I am now willing to give up my Financial Career in Banking which i have recently returned back to after recovery. Not like me but i cannot focus on it any longer because the Chtistie is where my heart is now n thats where im going to go... My best wishes to all out there.
'Keep smiling each day u have to wake up to'

Ruks
Fantastic Employer
I worked within a lovely, lively office, with a range of clinical and clerical staff.
Managers were proactive and approachable.

Flexible working hours.

Fantastic team.
Pros
Lovely working environment, colleagues, “family feel”, great restaurant.
Cons
Underpaid generally, across all staff (in my opinion)
Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Christie NHS Foundation Trust. Our community is ready to answer.
4.5