The Christie NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

Wonderful community
Trust Pharmacy (Current Employee) –  Pharmacy12 February 2018
Love working here, everyone is so friendly and easily the best NHS trust to work for. The patients are so positive and the work is never dull. Can't reccommend enough!
Pros
Friendly work environment, more like a family than a workplace.
Cons
No onsite parking unless you wait for a parking permit for 6+ months
The Christie NHS
Financial management (Current Employee) –  Withington20 November 2017
I have great relations with all staff, customers and patients. So my short shifts are jam packed with queries and operational tasks. So the work culture here is fast paced, full of knowledge competency.
Pros
learning something knew all the time.
Cons
no on site parking
Development
Advanced Radiotherapy Physics Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Manchester4 November 2017
An NHS Trust that cares about the development of its employees. There are many opportunities to progress and learn new techniques. Plus, the amount of excellent research that comes from the hospital evokes pride which helps to keep morale high.
clinics
Senior Care Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Manchester24 October 2017
A day at work consists of running very busy and demanding outpatient clinics. Huge numbers of patients coming through our clinics where we have to undertake many observations and tests including phlebotomy.

The role is very demanding and physical and the management are not the best by far. There isn't any flexibility in working and little understanding of the pressure and stress on a daily basis.

The hardest part is seeing families torn apart with bad news and patients that are very unwell but the rewards are seeing treatment working and smiles on patients faces.
Mediocre
Radiotherapy (Current Employee) –  Manchester, UK18 May 2017
The Christie is good because you are helping people in need. That really is what makes me go there every day. I do not think that if it were another organisation with the same management culture or working conditions that I would put up with it.
Pros
Canteen is good and cheap.
Cons
Lots of work and the pay doesn't reflect it.
nice staff
Clinical Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Manchester16 May 2017
if you dont know what to be in the future this job will help you to find what career path you want to take. thanks to this experience i would like to work in the finance department
Pros
Friendly Patient
Cons
no free lunch
Lovely place to work
Auxillary Nurse (Former Employee) –  Manchester9 May 2017
I worked here many years ago, however my time there was lovely. Interacting with patients and making sure they were ok and had all their needs catered for. I worked along side the professionals aswell to prepare patients.
State of the art hospital
Radiopharmaceutical Scientist (Former Employee) –  Manchester, UK19 April 2017
Great oppotunities to grow, not only as a professional, also as a person.
Professional and friendly
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester23 January 2017
A great place to work with extremely talented and professional people who are always striving for excellence in everything they do for their patients and staff.
Friendly and welcoming workplace
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester18 December 2016
It is a great place to volunteer, where you can support the staff and work alongside other volunteers.I love being able to make difference to the people I meet at the Hospital.
Pros
Working as a team
Cons
N/a
Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Withington3 February 2016
The duties I was trained to carry out were; installing and maintaining lights, sockets; testing generators; weekly testing of fire alarms; repairs to conveyors and clinical equipment including electronic theatre equipment. I was also responsible for testing motors and PPM's on air handling units.
Excellent Team for all Chemo Patients..
New title very soon im hoping.. (Former Employee) –  Manchester22 October 2015
This place helped save my life all Last Year! I attended weekly every Friday for bloods /treatment till Dec. What a Fantastic team overall at bloods admin Breastcare nurses Doctors the whole team. I cannot praise n Thank them enough from my new lease of life. I know feel for quite some time that my place is to be at the Christie just to be part of peoples lives daily n help patients get through what i had to. With my Empathy concern and many skills n talents i certainly feel i can do it and i will do it..! I am now willing to give up my Financial Career in Banking which i have recently returned back to after recovery. Not like me but i cannot focus on it any longer because the Chtistie is where my heart is now n thats where im going to go... My best wishes to all out there.
'Keep smiling each day u have to wake up to'

Ruks
Fantastic Employer
Clinical Trials Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Manchester11 September 2014
I worked within a lovely, lively office, with a range of clinical and clerical staff.
Managers were proactive and approachable.
Flexible working hours.
Fantastic team.
Pros
Lovely working environment, colleagues, “family feel”, great restaurant.
Cons
Underpaid generally, across all staff (in my opinion)