The Christie Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

The Christie Hospital NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

United Kingdom10 reviews
It was a lovely place to work at. The staff were amazing and helped me a lot and made me feel welcome. I learnt so much in my time there. Real care for their patients too.
My experience just showed be why the nhs is on its knees. The staff are lazy as they come. They do the least amount of work they can because they they know they are getting paid at the end of it anyway. Staff also take the advantage of sickness pay too . NO consideration for patients (in regards to prescription waiting times. Any suggestions as to improve the process get shut down as the AGING work force"we've never done that. Stuck in the past
Pros
Money
Cons
Lazy staff, too many chiefs and not enough india. Needs a total rehaul of ALL proces
Excellent, friendly & homely environment. Staff are amazing, as a student nurse I feel welcomed and enthusiastic to learn. Such great interaction with patients unlike other centres. Definitely a cared for location.
Fast moving and advanced place to work. Good atmosphere and feels like good management structure. Lots of availability of further training and career development.
Pros
location
Cons
NHS pay
cleaning wards to a very high standard i.e cleaning toliets bathroom patient areas and offices working with a large team of cleaners and infection control on a 8.5 day shift
Pros
3 breaks a day
Cons
mix shifs
The surgeries were friendly.
East Cheshire NHS Trust OK but cannot afford things like proper typists' chairs and suchlike. At East Cheshire there is scope for training and progression.
Positive place to work. Great interaction between staff and patients. Lots of opportunities for self development. Downside being too many managers so decisions take to long to decide or staff are unsure of guidelines as line managers give out conflicting information.
Pros
Staff, patients
Cons
Long hours, small percentage of staff resent change and make working relationships challaging.
I enjoy working at Christie hospital as you meet some lovely people. since I have worked there my confidence has grown. the hardest part of the job is keeping your emotions aside.
It was interesting but short lived working at the Christie Not a bad employer if one can get the work but could more open and user friendly towards staff and others. did not come across much in the way of further job opportunities.
Pros
local - within easy reach
Cons
not much work
I had to work on schedule deadline throughout the day.
I have learned excellent communication skills, working within a team effectively and time management. I worked with my co-workers in a harmony, I co-operated with my co-workers in many thing as well as switching shifts and covering shift of short notice day off. I enjoyed every day and every part of the job of working there.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at The Christie Hospital NHS Foundation Trust?