The Children's Trust

The Children's Trust Employee Reviews

United Kingdom28 reviews
Really hard work but superb support from your colleagues. Highly recommend working here. Excellent training opportunities through out the company from training to be speech therapist to nursing.
I worked at the trust for 3 years.when you first start it's a bit overwhelming with all the training.i enjoyed the job,found the night shifts difficult and the 12 hour shifts., Loads of training and courses available.
Pros
Most staff are nice
Cons
Night shift, 12 hour shifts
Busy environment, but working with the children makes it worth it. Lot's of training opportunities and the chance to develop and learn new skills especially clinical skills.
It felt like your job wasn’t safe not matter how good you were at it . The focus seemed to be changing from child focused & being a centre of excellence to money saving .
Pros
Working with amazing children & their families.
Cons
Senior leadership team that managed remotely .
I worked here for about two years, I thoroughly enjoyed doing this and I'd recommend it to anybody thinking of doing voluntary work, as a fun and friendly environment.
The childrens trust has excellent values and the care teams on all houses really do care about the residents. Very friendly and happy place to work. Only down side is the shifts and you have to be flexible.
A warm welcoming environmental, full of friendly characters who are exceptionally supportive. Flexible hours, a kind caring management team and great work environment.
A typical day: Sorting out donated items Customer help Cleaning donated items ready for selling Pricing different items for sale Cash handling at the till
Alright place to volunteer. Great staff and community inside. Learn a lot of skills required in a shop and helps develop people skills. Loved the environment but the work was very repetitive and dull.
Pros
Helpful staff
Cons
Repetitive work
Working with children, personal care, medication, feeding. Going to school, learning and doing sensory stories, trips out, holidays to center part every year.
Pros
Friends
Cons
I did this as part of my dofe voluntary work. The manager was nice and made me do menial tasks. I recommend doing it with a friend as otherwise it would have been boring.
a job you can put your heart and soul into. one worthy cause. great team dynamics. good job progression opportunities. physically demanding.a job I was proud of.
Pros
great team
Cons
mixed shift patterns
I loved working here it is a fun and lovely place to work in a relaxed setting. Only leaving as it is a fixed term contract which has now ended, I have looked for jobs internally so I could stay cannot fault this place
Pros
caring, fun, child and family focused, collaborative
Cons
some days the shop is really boring and empty and there isnt much motive to go volunteer, i still do though.. whereas other days can be really fun and enjoyable and makes you feel good knowing that youre helping a charity.
Pros
pay for bus fair
Cons
sometimes really dull
It can be emotionally challenging as we care for children with complex health needs, but our contribution, whether we are in the HR, Finance, or Nursing & Care team, is clear. The organisation works hard to instill worthy values in the way we work and this is evident throughout what we do, from our team based objectives to our recruitment job packs. As it is a charity the expectations are high, but overall a very rewarding place to work where you also learn a lot about some of the very difficult situations children & their families face when they experience a brain injury.
Pros
lovely setting, subsidised nursery and staff restaurant
Cons
location, room for growth and development in some teams
Everyday life in a charity shop is often about overcoming difficulties and achieving something great against the odds. One of the regularly reoccurring problems face there is not having the required resources for maximum productivity.
Pros
Always feeling the full weight of doing good.
Cons
Underpayed and overworked
A typical day at work involved monitoring the shop floor, sorting stock and serving customers. I learned how to handle the till and efficiently rotate stock. The hardest part about the job was time management as there were lots of things to do all the time. The best part of the job was working with collegues and customers
I am a nurse at the Children's trust and this is a happy workplace because of the children and staff. Everybody is kind and genuinely jolly. I love this place
Nice knowing I'm helping those in need, despite it being indirectly. A typical day at work is me sorting through donations and the ones that are clean and not to worn out then get taken onto the shop floor to be sold.
Pros
snacks
Cons
no significant cons
It is aimed to help support children with brain injuries thus some have learning disabilities.. it is a hardwork but all worth it when you see the children and you g people happy and relax and able to smile because you made a difference in their lives..
Pros
Holiday and enhancements
Cons
Lack of staffing support
I thoroughly enjoyed meeting different people. It was a fun place to work. I got the opportunity to improve my communication skills as well as my time management
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
Can't think of any