The Chat Shop

The Chat Shop Employee Reviews

United Kingdom10 reviews
The job itself is alright, typically responding to up to 3-4 chats at a time, for 3-4 different companies on 4 different matters.

You are expected to respond to every chat within 30 seconds even with the 4 different chats going at the same time. I am sure this is possible after some real training, but with managers often being over seas (USA) any queries will be taking a while!

After about 3 days after training I was video called to be let know they would be letting me go... no explanation or warning in regards to chat quality etc so their employees could up their game.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Lack of training
Really lovely team who are always so supportive and look after each other.

Great training processes and I really enjoy being able to work flexible hours and from home.
Pros
Working Remote
Cons
Fixed Contract only
Great company, fantastic people, varied work. Flexible to meet requirements, good team working and support always available. No hesitation in recommending.
Please do not work here. You are worth more than that. There is many other work at home companies who will value you as a person, pay you better, treat you like gold and care for your feelings. But hey, if you want to be treated worse than a slave then TheChatShop is the perfect place for you!

This freakshow pay you minimum wage and expect beyond professional level skill sets in return. 3 chats for 3 completley different companies all at one time, while maintaining perfect English and a 30 second response time. Trust me you might think a typo is not a big deal but here if you make a single typo in over 1,000 chats handled you will be grilled and beaten into the dust for it. Not only that you also have ridiculously high stats to meet on a weekly basis such as conversion, % rated, satisfaction, quality assurance and the list goes on. You are basically expected to be a machine with no human error.

Their shift patterns are downright illegal. The typical pattern is 4 hours on and 4 hours off. But due to all their staff leaving or being fired they are always short staffed so it is possible to end up with 6-8 hour shifts. You get no breaks even if you find yourself on an 8+ hour shift. You can also find yourself being scheduled midnight finishes with 6am starts the next morning. Which is 100% illegal by the way. Anything over 6 hours you should have a break by law and there is a minimum rest period between shifts by law too but both are ignored here.

They treat their staff horrible and have the most disgusting turn over rate I have ever seen. People are fired or quit on a
 - more...
Pros
Literally nothing. There is hundreds of other work at home jobs who pay more, value you, treat you better and provide a human level work load.
Cons
Long hours, poor treatment of staff, low pay, fire people without warning and the list could go on forever.
I worked at The Chat Shop for over a year and I learned a lot about the company. The owners are amazing people and they are always open and willing to talk about anything that you my have reservations or questions about. They are extremely transparent and strive to open doors for you to ensure your happiness and a phenomenal experience with them. There is very little that I would say negative about the company because, honestly, it's been the most amazing place to work and make new friends. I don't think I'll ever find such a tight knit family again and I am blessed to have had such an amazing time there and, someday, I might even go back!
Pros
Work from home, amazing coworkers, transparent founders, honest about every aspect of the position.
Cons
Some shifts can be extremely busy but that's part of the customer service experience!
On a typical day at work, you'll be handling a number of chats for several clients where you'll be working towards a set goal; the main focus being either customer support, or lead generation.

You'll go through rigorous training, where you'll learn all the key knowledge needed for the role. All staff, management included, are incredibly helpful and are ready to give you a helping hand.

Although you would think that working from home would mean you're out of touch with your colleagues, that's definitely not the case here! Everybody stays in touch over a social platform, so you can get to know everybody - no missing out on the office banter. Even the "top dogs" are available!

Any and all expectations are completely realistic and goals are easy enough to achieve, so you don't have to worry about that.

Do bare in mind that this is a fast-paced working environment, so you'll need to be able to handle multiple tasks whilst remaining focused. This may seem a bit daunting at first, but once you've began training, and had a go at some chats, you'll be super confident.

The hours and pay are great, and there's room to fit in some overtime at times, too.

I would recommend this job to anybody that can meet the requirements. It's honestly a once in a life time opportunity.
Pros
Friendly & helpful staff, phenomenal training, management always available, work from home
Pretty good work culture and loads of room to learn, improve and get responsibilities.
They are the best at what they do and it's an exciting company to work for.
Pros
career progression
As above, it was a fast paced environment and required heavy focus. Colleagues were fun, informative and a pleasure to work with but unfortunately requests from Management were often lost in Translation due to conflicting reports and lack of communication.
Pros
Always able to speak to someone
Cons
Required 24/7 attention
The job itself is very good and enjoyable but the company are cowboys and very unprofessional with managing staff.and how they treat staff members.
Also not very professional about there own clients.
Pros
home based
Cons
no security.
A young-fun environment with supportive management. As it's a start-up company they have a lot of room to make the roles your own and allows you to learn as much as you can to grow and develop skills. There is a lot of laughs and jokes which happen as it is a young friendly environment. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside the team and coming together to share and create new ideas. The office has grown an incredible amount since I started.
Pros
Short walk from home